2010: Year in Review

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Wow, Mr. Thompson! Your crusade to block the release of Medal of Honor certainly went well! I mean, the fury of your conviction convinced Robert Gates, the U.S. Secretary of Defense, to use his unique station to absolutely block its sale anywhere in the country. And with the entirety of the United States armed forces agreeing with you, you took that fury to the halls of government, got the ESRB dismantled, and now all games must go through government censorship before being available for sale!

...wait, no, that's not what happened. Robert Gates ignored you, a large part of the armed forces thought your argument was stupid, the game was released on schedule (to less-than-stellar sales, but that was hardly because of you), and you hastened your journey towards the trash bin of history, where you will be fondly remembered as a punchline to an old joke and little else.

Congratulations, Jack! Here's to a brand new year of your continued irrelevance to anything.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
*Sigh* This just reminds me how much stupid there was this year. From bitchy bloggers to sex hacks for two of three motion controls, from the respected (Ebert) to the despised (Thompson), from leaks to anti-piracy... what a year. But still, some good games came out, some great progress has been made. Here's to 2011! *Holds glass in toast*

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Why didnt I see something about, Duke Nukem Forever appearing at Pax? Or was it in 2009?

jamradar

Sep 13, 2010
Its nice to be reminded of all the stupid crap thats happened over the course of 2010. Hopefuly 2011 will be filled with less stupid shit but that is probably to much to hope for.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
The fact that every 4th article was "[Something violent] happened to [some kid]. Video game blamed. [Escapist Editor] and forum-goers say it's the fault of [parent] " doesn't make me depressed or even annoyed; It just makes me think of why this shit gets so much coverage? I mean.... why? Does all this coverage have any effect other than to entice our rage, which we then flush into the forums by bitching about it, and promptly go on with our lives. It's just so .........pointless.

Anyway, OP thanks for posting this so i could see how retarded last year was in one swoop..... one painful and sad swoop.

Toeys

Mar 30, 2010
It wasnt the parents fault entirely. it is without a doubt also cause of the naive american law letting people have guns in their homes at all.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Quite a sad and funny year. Plus a metric fuckton of deaths and idiocy.

Hell this year started with 'South Korean Teen Dies After Twelve Hour Gaming Binge' and look who became the ignorant pricks and douchebags?

daftnoize

Aug 23, 2010
Great list but kinda annoyed you reffered to the news of wikileaks as a scandal, there was no scandel just ALOT of stupid right wing hot air...

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Jumplion said:
That was one helluvah year.

What will 2011 have in store for us?
EA going out of business, a class action lawsuit against Zynga, HL2e3 not being released this year, and more stupid gamer news.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
So, in short (by this article): There were a few landmark games this year surrounded by a sea of idiocy, rage, and general acts of human worthlessness.

So, Duke Nukem Forever being resurrected by Legal Necromancy and the 3DS demos at E3 were not news-worthy?

Well, I can see some disclaiming either of those as possible hype, but the same can also be said of who killed Arthas first in WoW.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
my favorite news this year is still "Woman Falls Off Wii Balance Board, Turns Into Nymphomaniac"

Its the reason i have my gf play the wii :3