2011 Holiday Buyer's Guide

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
If it's a present for a child, consider one of Sonic's games. Compared to most AAA stuff it's slightly cheaper, much more kid-friendly and most of the recent stuff is really good. If the kid has a Wii, get Colours. If PS360, Generations (or if you really feel lucky/cheap, Black Knight or Unleashed respectively.)

Hopefully that'll allow him to be at least somewhat more open-minded than most of the Internet. That can only be a good thing, right?

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Snake Plissken said:
I'm not making the connection between the Walking Dead and John Romero...

...did you mean George?
When you want shambling horrors, just remember the name Romero.:)

Bishop99999999

Dec 6, 2007
I would humbly add a bootlegged copy of Tommy Wiseau's masterpiece The Room, along with a 1-quart Ziploc bag of pot.

It is very, very important that these two items are given together.

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Formica Archonis said:
Snake Plissken said:

...did you mean George?
When you want shambling horrors, just remember the name Romero.:)
Whoops! Got my Romeros mixed up :p

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Snake Plissken said:

...did you mean George?
WMDogma said:
Whoops! Got my Romeros mixed up :p
Could happen to anyone. Interns, staff writers, editors-in-chief, it's all being human. :)

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
MelasZepheos said:
Captain Jack Harkness coat? You do realise that we just call those 'military great coats' and they can be picked up at your local Military Surplus store for somewhere between 20-50 English pounds?

I've had one since I was sixteen. It cost me £25, plus another fiver to get some buttons to replace the ones it had lost.

Seriously, don't claim those things are expensive, they're really not. Also, buying an actual military great coat would probably be a lot more hardwearing than those crappy replicas.
Its an RAF Officers Great Coat with Wing Commander stripes on it. How do I know? I have one with my own rank on the shoulders! I wear it for work in the winter! It's damn warm! If these become fashion I will not be happy! What's next? People wearing our blue-grey woolen trousers? Or our Berets!?