2013 Release Planned For PS3 Skyrim DLC

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
2013 Release Planned For PS3 Skyrim DLC

Dragonborn will be the first PS3 DLC out, according to Bethesda.

Bethesda has claimed that DLC Skyrim content for PS3 - long a source of disgruntlement [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119967-Bethesda-Admits-Missing-Skyrim-DLC-Isnt-Sonys-Problem] for PS3 gamers - will be available early next year. Dragonborn will be the first, with Hearthfire and Dawnguard following later.

"On PS3 in particular," said Bethesda in a blog post [http://www.bethblog.com/], "we turned our attention to Dragonborn, as we thought it was the best content to release first, and we didn't want folks to wait longer." The other two will follow, but there's no concrete date on either yet. Even Dragonborn doesn't really have a date as such; early 2013 is the most Bethesda is prepared to say.

"Each one takes a lot of time and attention to work well in all circumstances and all combinations of DLC," Bethesda went on to say. "Once we have a better idea of release timing and pricing, we'll let you know."

Source: Game Informer [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/12/05/hearthfire-dawnguard-for-ps3-still-coming.aspx]

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
well Third times a charm on the PS3... Huh, Huh... anyone?

OT: I thought the main character was already a dragonborn, so what they have had training wheels this whole time, and now they get them taken off?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I really want to know what it was about Dawnguard that they couldn't get to work on PS3. It's hard to imagine they haven't ironed it out in the last 6 months.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
Fappy said:
I really want to know what it was about Dawnguard that they couldn't get to work on PS3. It's hard to imagine they haven't ironed it out in the last 6 months.
I imagine it's less about the specific DLCs and more about the old issue of the PS3's memory causing problems for them, as it caused so many in base Skyrim itself.

So my guess is they found a way to work around that finally, but instead of going back and porting Dawnguard and Hearthfire first, they instead decided to give the newest one and go back to port over the others later.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Jumwa said:
Fappy said:
I imagine it's less about the specific DLCs and more about the old issue of the PS3's memory causing problems for them, as it caused so many in base Skyrim itself.

So my guess is they found a way to work around that finally, but instead of going back and porting Dawnguard and Hearthfire first, they instead decided to give the newest one and go back to port over the others later.
Yeah, that's likely the case. If Bethesda really wants to get the loyalty back from their PS3 customers they should do some kind of sale for them.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Hmm, too bad I've moved past Skyrim. Sorry Bethesda, but for this PS3 gamer you've waited too long. I might trade in Skyrim (for whatever it would be worth) and get the GOTY edition when its released, but for now, I'm done with Skyrim.

If they want customer loyalty back, as has been suggested many times, they really should give a serious discount on the DLC. If they sell the two older DLC packs for the typical $20, then there are going to be a lot of irate PS3 users out there.

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
I'm still calling timed exclusive on this, probably had and Non Disclosure Agreement with Microsoft on the matter.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
gardian06 said:
I thought the main character was already a dragonborn, so what they have had training wheels this whole time, and now they get them taken off?
Nah, the DLC is centered around this bloke whose name I can't remember, who was the first Dragonborn.
But yeah, it's a pretty uncreative title for the add-on.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
wrightguy0 said:
I'm still calling timed exclusive on this, probably had and Non Disclosure Agreement with Microsoft on the matter.
Hanlon's Razor my friend.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Releasing a Skyrim program that couldn't properly run on the PS3 architecture was the stupidity.

Coffeejack

Oct 1, 2012
Well, they started with the right DLC to give to PS3 players, seeing as how people are saying that this is the best so far. I think they should give it to the PS3 people at half price, that would be a nice gesture.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
Fappy said:
Yeah, that's likely the case. If Bethesda really wants to get the loyalty back from their PS3 customers they should do some kind of sale for them.
I think it'd make good business sense to toss in Hearthfire for free. It's a nice little DLC, and would make a good apology for technical issues, but also get some interest going again for those on the PS3 who have moved on from the game now.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Unless they give us PS3 owners some kind of sale or good will gesture, then I don't care.

I'm kind done with this own DLC circus that's been happening with Skyrim, and I will probably just stick with the game and not bother with any of these. I still have to finish the main story anyways since I was too busy messing around and exploring. :/

NEDM

Apr 13, 2010
Unless they have an exact date, most disgruntled ps3 owners will assume "early 2013" is december 29th 2013. They lost a lot of consumer trust. Even if it comes out the first week of january, if they continue with the month exclusive waiting, the problem will just keep going.

I wish gaming companies that do multiplatform games treat each platform as equally as possible, instead of doing these exclusive contracts that do nothing but alienate the consumer.

LadyTL

Aug 19, 2009
So what exactly did PS3 owners do to deserve free or reduced DLC given so many PS3 owners behavior over Skyrim?

What I've seen:
Bethesda we demand daily updates even if its you saying the same things!
Bethesda it's offensive that you keep telling us the same things!
Bethesda PS3 deserves special treatment, how dare you work on the game for other platforms!
Bethesda we demand updates with specific dates and times so we can complain that you didn't get it done exactly when you said it would be!
Bethesda we don't care that you are having problems with PS3 infrastructure, other completely different games that do not resemble Skyrim except in the vaguest possible way work on the PS3 and Skyrim should work exactly like those games!
Bethesda we demand that DLC now even though we will scream louder if there is any bugs in it at all because you rushed it out!

Yeah, that behavior totally deserves free things given to them.

Verkula

Oct 3, 2010
Too late. Maybe if a GOTY edition is released with all DLCs and with all the problems fixed. Otherwise im done with their games.

LadyTL said:
Bethesda we don't care that you are having problems with PS3 infrastructure, other completely different games that do not resemble Skyrim except in the vaguest possible way work on the PS3 and Skyrim should work exactly like those games!
If it doesnt work, then dont release it and charge full price for it.

SonOfMethuselah

Oct 9, 2012
LadyTL said:
So what exactly did PS3 owners do to deserve free or reduced DLC given so many PS3 owners behavior over Skyrim?

What I've seen:
Bethesda we demand daily updates even if its you saying the same things!
Bethesda it's offensive that you keep telling us the same things!
Bethesda PS3 deserves special treatment, how dare you work on the game for other platforms!
Bethesda we demand updates with specific dates and times so we can complain that you didn't get it done exactly when you said it would be!
Bethesda we demand that DLC now even though we will scream louder if there is any bugs in it at all because you rushed it out!

Yeah, that behavior totally deserves free things given to them.
I think you're completely missing the point. Bethesda was as vague as possible with the details for months. It would have disgruntled anyone. Hell, out of the six things you listed, PC owners were echoing four of them. Timed DLC exclusivity for a multi-platform game is just stupid. It doesn't do anything but alienate consumers. Besides, ME3 players bitched and moaned about the endings, and the extended cut DLC was released for free. There was enough trouble caused that a goodwill gesture of some kind would be a step in the right direction, regardless of how a vocal minority acted. Honestly, I know a lot more people who just gave up, rather than bug Bethesda. They deserve it, even if the people who have been shouting maybe don't.

OT: I'll wait until I see it on the PS Store to believe it. Yes, it's nice to see that maybe they've finally worked everything out, but the fact that it's been a problem for so long makes me reluctant do much more than raise an eyebrow. I love Skyrim, and more content would be awesome, but I'm still not going to hold my breath.

chimmers

Nov 18, 2007
My girlfriend is squeeing the house down right now. Thank you for working it out Bethesda!
Smiley face