2014 Steam Winter Sale casualty report

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - $11
Deux Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut - $6
Audiosurf 2 - $10
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition - $3

Total = $30

No regrets, worth the asking price for all of them (haven't played Witcher 2 yet but I doubt I'll feel annoyed over $3). I don't know how people can buy so many games...would you even play them?

NortherWolf

Jun 26, 2008
Dreamfall Chapters For about...15 Euros I think?
Age of Wonders 3 About the same.
Borderlands 2 5 Euros
Divinity: Original Sin 19.99 Euros

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
pearcinator said:
No regrets, worth the asking price for all of them (haven't played Witcher 2 yet but I doubt I'll feel annoyed over $3). I don't know how people can buy so many games...would you even play them?
I can't speak for others, but most of the games I buy on Steam are fairly short (2-10 hours). I already played through five of the nine games I bought.

(captcha: change yourself

I don't wanna! D:)

small

Aug 5, 2014
Scorpid said:
Well. I don't have alot of time for games and I got a ton of games already in steam to play so buying something I want like Wasteland 2 would be pointless. BUUUUUUUUUUT! As I was scanning through the sales I Noticed a game I'd never heard of and looked like something I hadn't seen done that way before. Graviteam Tactics. A WWII RTS done faithfully realistically with multiple tactical levels. and it was normally priced at like 20 bucks and another 15 for each of its DLC and it was down by like 85 and 90 percent so I got 3 dlc packs and the game itself for less then 10 dollars on the last day. So it was good I suppose.

EDIT: It makes Company of heros looks so arcadie and silly.
its an incredible game and definitely a hardcore wargame, the maps are huge and it can sometimes take 20-30 minutes before you even find the enemy (stumbling through a forest with a company of little pixeltroopen and running into enemy soldiers point blank makes for some vicious little fights), basically the game is built on a ww2 tank simulator engine so all vehicle movements, penetrations are realistic in the extreme

TheDarklite

Nov 26, 2010
The only thing that I purchased was Hero Siege for about $1.49 or so. Had been looking at it for a few months but god, I should have watched some gameplay first (you think I would >.>).

But yeah, most of the AAA releases recently have not interested me in the slightest. Half of them have been terrible ports, badly optimised or just plain not-great games. The Australian prices have been particularly terrible of late also....

When Civ: Beyond Earth hit it's highest discount here, it was *still* $59.99 - I mean, WTF?
Far Cry 4 I will probably pick up at some point this year, but it will need to be cheap as chips...

Anyway, Elite: Dangerous was another reason I spent bugger all :D (my god that has scratched one hell of an itch)

Deathlok

Jan 5, 2015
Sadly, there wasn't a whole lot of decent titles to choose from that I didn't already have. I did pick up a few though-

Telltale Game of Thrones
Shadows of Mordor
Wasteland 2

Far Cry 4- bought this thru Amazon.

Overall, pretty disappointed with the sales. Used to be Steam sales were something to really look forward to but with the proliferation of other sites, it definitely isn't what it used to be.

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
This year, although everything on my wishlist was on sale, nothing close to what I would actually pay for them (Borderland Pre-Sequel and Civ:BE - you're too expensive for your blandness).

Except Galactic Civilizations II for $5. I'm already sucked in...

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I bought both FFVIII and FFXIII. I know I'll love VIII, and I want to experience one of the newer ones to see whether I disagree with everyone else about how awful it is. Maybe I'll love it, as I did FFX.

Bloody hell, though, 49 gigs?! Is that really necessary?

Blue_screen

Aug 28, 2009
Well, I got:

- Bioshock Infinite;
- Shadowrun returns;
- Tomb of the Necrodancer;

All for about $20 plus I was gifted I am Bread, pretty neat.

seris

Oct 14, 2013
i spent 60$ USD and got:
Fract OSC (auction 3300 gems or 3-4 dollars)
Battleblock theatre
CSGO
Brothers: a tale of 2 sons (got stuck in a staircase an hour into the game, halting my progress)
Planetary Annihilation
Rogue legacy
bought a copy of gmod for a friend

i bought a few others as well but i dont remember all that i bought

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
On Steam I bought a bunch of trash for the most part. 28 games:

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Afterfall: Insanity Extended Edition
Afterfall: Insanity Dirty Arena
The Stalin Subway
The Stalin Subway 2: Red Veil
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition
Blood: One Unit Whole
Blood 2: The Chosen + Expansion
One Day For Ched
Day One: Garry's Incident
Daikatana
Dishonored
Sniper: Art of Victory
Soldiers: Heroes of WWII
Shadow Man
Sine Mora
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Long Night: Episode I
Rise of the Triad
Real Horror Stories Ultimate Edition
Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf
Euro Truck Simulator 2
GearCrack Arena
Iron Storm

On GOG.com, I bought a pair of classics:

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Warchest (Spearhead & Breakthrough)
Crusader: No Regret

And on Humble Bundle I got another Pair of decent Indie hits:

AVGN Adventures
Shadow Warrior

Total Games: 32
Total Cost: 72.12

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
I was too cheap to buy anything. I'm hoping the games I want (Shadows of Mordor and Divinity:Original Sin) will be cheaper in the summer sale. Dark Souls 2 having mandatory PvP also saved me some money.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Causalities were light, but I still got

To the Moon

Endless Legend.

Dungeon of the Endless

Shadow Gate

The Long Night.

Also Xenonaughts on GOG.com

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Mine was probably my most expensive yet.

DmC: Devil May Cry
Valkyria Chronicles
Hammerwatch
Prison Architect
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Depth
Gauntlet
Far Cry 4
Star Wars: Empire at War
Shovel Knight
Starpoint Gemini 2
Overlord II
The Witcher 2
Wasteland 2
Leviathan: The Last Day of the Decade (gift for a friend)
Rocksmith (and 19 DLC songs for it)
Strider
Styx: Master of Shadows
Door Kickers

For $401.59 AUD. :/
Which was only $315.26 USD, but the Australian dollar decided to plummet to a low it hasn't hit in quite some time right before the sale started.
Yay for conversion rates.