Exciting New Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Trailer Reveals New Fighter

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Exciting New Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Trailer Reveals New Fighter

Iron Man isn't the only one with power armor in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 anymore, as another Capcom character joins the fray.

A new cinematic trailer for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-vs-Capcom-Worlds-Playstation-3/dp/B003IEBO9Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284130185&sr=8-1-spell] has unveiled the newest addition to the game's roster: mechanical genius and creator of the Servbots, Tron Bonne.

The trailer opens with Chun-Li and Captain America hitching a ride on a chopper to save a SHIELD heli-carrier that is under attack from Doctor Doom and Super-Skrull. The battle heats up as more fighters, including Viewtiful Joe, Devil May Cry's Trish, and of course, Tron Bonne herself, join the struggle against the villainous duo.

Tron Bonne made her videogame debut in Mega Man Legends, and has since appeared in its sequel and her own spin-off game, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. She's also a seasoned veteran of crossover titles, with appearances in the last Marvel vs. Capcom game as well as a the tactical RPG Namco X Capcom.

There are still nearly a dozen characters to be revealed before Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is released next year. Director Ryota Niitsuma has said in the past that around a third of the game's thirty or so characters would be new to the series, and of the 19 that have announced so far, eight of them are new. This suggests that there are a lot of familiar faces waiting in the wings and that my weather god dream team - Amaterasu, Thor and Storm - could still happen.

Source: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/10/new-marvel-vs-capcom-3-trailer-is-pretty-much-the-greatest-thing-ever/]

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Seeing anime style characters fighting Doom alongside the Captain just feels weird to me. I'm not even speaking along comic geek lines either. Esthetically it just doesn't seem to flow very well.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I might aswell say it now, this is the first fighting game i've ever wanted. I have no idea why though, but I just do.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Dirty Apple said:
Seeing anime style characters fighting Doom alongside the Captain just feels weird to me. I'm not even speaking along comic geek lines either. Esthetically it just doesn't seem to flow very well.
Yeah. It all looked pretty awesome until the ridiculous anime characters started showing up. I was almost expecting to see Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog jump into the fray as well...

Yeah, those aren't Capcom but still... the styles don't really mix.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Logan Westbrook said:
The trailer opens with Chun-Li and Captain America hitching a ride on a chopper to save a SHIELD heli-carrier that is under attack from Doctor Doom and Super-Skrull.
Now that's something you don't read every day.

I'm not too bothered about fighting games (i may pick up the new Blazblu when it comes out), but it seems like it''d be a blast at gaming parties.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Tiamat666 said:
Dirty Apple said:
Yeah. It all looked pretty awesome until the ridiculous anime characters started showing up. I was almost expecting to see Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog jump into the fray as well...

they mix about as well as they did in marvel vs capcom 1 and 2, besides tron bonne is awesome, Im annoyed I havent seen her in a game in awhile

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
I loved the last two games, but the fact that this has Deadpool in it makes it a must avoid for me, and that makes me sad

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Worgen said:
Tiamat666 said:
Dirty Apple said:

they mix about as well as they did in marvel vs capcom 1 and 2, besides tron bonne is awesome, Im annoyed I havent seen her in a game in awhile
Actually, I was doing OK until I saw Viewtiful Joe riding Amaterasu. I can't believe I just wrote that out. Ludicrous.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Dirty Apple said:
Worgen said:
Tiamat666 said:
Dirty Apple said:

Actually, I was doing OK until I saw Viewtiful Joe riding Amaterasu. I can't believe I just wrote that out. Ludicrous.
Im curious how Viewtiful Joe will work in it since his big thing was time manipulation and being able to do that in a fighting game would make you over power really fast, Im guessing he will just have his signature type attacks and they wont stop time or anything

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Worgen said:
Dirty Apple said:
Worgen said:
Tiamat666 said:
Dirty Apple said:

Im curious how Viewtiful Joe will work in it since his big thing was time manipulation and being able to do that in a fighting game would make you over power really fast, Im guessing he will just have his signature type attacks and they wont stop time or anything
Actually, if Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom's Joe is any indication, his time-based attacks will probably be special gauge attacks. They did Mach Speed with Lv. 2, I think, and Slow/Zoom In for Lv. 3.

OT: To be honest, when I read the headline with "power armor", I was expecting X or someone like that, but Tron Bonne has worked in the past, so why not?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Excited about Tron Bonne to be sure, but also excited by the trailer in general. I'm still doubting whether I'll actually like MvC3 the game or not, but the trailers they've released so far have all been excellent pieces of work.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
I just hope this game is better suited for the Xbox360 controller as MvsC2 was.
I really want to like MvsC2, but it's just unplayable with a standard xbox controller.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Am I the only one amazed at watching Cap use his shield to stop a fkng HELICOPTER?! (and not even using a special attack to do it) Forget the character reveal, that scene alone makes this video worthwhile. All the additional awesome is gravy. Good Job, Capcom!

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
are.you.the.god.its.me.vader said:
I thought Thor had already been revealed? Oh well, could've been a dream :D

Looks good - Dibs on Viewtiful Joe!
Yes, he has. but Storm has not. (prepare to get a lot of those)

skylog

Nov 9, 2009
I really hope that all these shorts get spliced together to make one long movie-style trailer.