Question of the Day, September 14, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, September 14, 2010

Greg Tito channeled Hiawatha of the Iroquois clan in his recent review of Civilization V [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/8100-Preview-Civilization-V]. Which ancient leader are you most looking forward to becoming? How come?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Nobunaga, he would be kinda fun...or, Perhaps Richard the Lionheart

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
My preference would be Hanibal (Elephants man, elephanta!)

Always have a sweet spot for the crazy guys in history...

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
It would have to be a tie between Deceba, Burebista, Mihai Viteazu and Mircea cel Batran. Regretably, they aren't in the game.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
Alexander is from Macedonia. I'll take him over the other choices available. Queen Dido would have been fun.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
I need more information on their strengths and weaknesses before coming to a decision. Perhaps Alexander, though; I'm partially named after him, and he conquered quite a bit of the known world in a ridiculously short time.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Alexander, especially if I get to call on the power of the Greek gods.

The power of Zeus shall smite thee!

Mar 30, 2010
I usually go with the English civ, so depending on which Civ I'm playing that could be Richard, Elizabeth, Churchill and so on. I suppose I'll find out which English rulers there are in V when I buy it. Other possible civs include Celt and Norse, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I have no intention of getting this game, but if I did, I'd play as Oda Nobunaga. Seriously, the guy was so legendary in Japan, that people thought he was possessed by a demon. Countless animes and games characterize him as such, too.

Jezzascmezza said:
Does Stalin count? Maybe he can battle some martians and dance while he's at it.

I think that video left me dumbfounded. And disturbed. And I don't know what else. Is that real?

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Saltyk said:
I have no intention of getting this game, but if I did, I'd play as Oda Nobunaga. Seriously, the guy was so legendary in Japan, that people thought he was possessed by a demon. Countless animes and games characterize him as such, too.

Jezzascmezza said:
Does Stalin count? Maybe he can battle some martians and dance while he's at it.

I think that video left me dumbfounded. And disturbed. And I don't know what else. Is that real?
Unfortunately, yes, it is. Behold the reliability that is Wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin_vs._Martians

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Damn it's a tie between Caesar and Nobunaga...Hmmm I il go wih Caesar he got the most epic quote when he gets betrayed. If you dont know it you dont EXIST!