Question of the Day, September 14, 2010

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Ever since Civ II i play as Catherine and since apparently Civ 5 lacks the gender options for at least some of Civilizations like it was in previous versions, i'll stick to that one wicked lady.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
Grouchy Imp said:
I usually go with the English civ, so depending on which Civ I'm playing that could be Richard, Elizabeth, Churchill and so on. I suppose I'll find out which English rulers there are in V when I buy it. Other possible civs include Celt and Norse, but I'll just have to wait and see.
Same here. I always start with an English ruler. It was Elizabeth in Civ IV, so are we in order or a new person?

After that probably someone like Caesar for the Epicness (yes capital 'E') of controlling the Roman Empire.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Jezzascmezza said:
Saltyk said:
I have no intention of getting this game, but if I did, I'd play as Oda Nobunaga. Seriously, the guy was so legendary in Japan, that people thought he was possessed by a demon. Countless animes and games characterize him as such, too.

Jezzascmezza said:
Does Stalin count? Maybe he can battle some martians and dance while he's at it.

I think that video left me dumbfounded. And disturbed. And I don't know what else. Is that real?
Unfortunately, yes, it is. Behold the reliability that is Wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin_vs._Martians
Wow. Just wow. If you thought you had seen everything...

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Is Sitting Bull back in? If so, him.

I always like to play as the Native Americans for some reason... To witness the world that could have been had they not encountered Europeans in the New World and been allowed to progress their technology normally? Or is it because of their unique unit graphics that stand out from everyone else's? I dunno, Sitting Bull ftw either way.

Mar 30, 2010
rees263 said:
Grouchy Imp said:
I usually go with the English civ, so depending on which Civ I'm playing that could be Richard, Elizabeth, Churchill and so on. I suppose I'll find out which English rulers there are in V when I buy it. Other possible civs include Celt and Norse, but I'll just have to wait and see.
Same here. I always start with an English ruler. It was Elizabeth in Civ IV, so are we in order or a new person?

After that probably someone like Caesar for the Epicness (yes capital 'E') of controlling the Roman Empire.
Well they introduced Churchill in the Beyond the Sword expansion for IV and personally I hope they keep him - just because I'd pay money to see a scrap between Churchill and Caesar (or Churchill and Ghandi, or Churchill and Napoleon, or Churchill and Lincoln - basically just Churchill vs anyone). The mental image is just awesome....

Rewold

Mar 18, 2010
Ramkhamhaeng. Don't know who he is or really anything about Siam. Maybe I would learn something.

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
I hope Willem van Oranje will be an option since im Dutch.
I want to conquer the world and plant the dutch flag over the whole world map

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
I dont know why, but Oda Nobunaga has always being one of my favourites, in a country were you could be killed by, well, anything, he was smart enough to keep his head on his shoulders and become one of the most important figures in Japan

and being able to defeat 40.000 against his 3.000 is no small feat

also, he had to "fight" his way up, not like the others (some i´m not sure, but people like Catherin and Alexander were born already in a stature of power and great liew

thats why i would choose Nobunaga

also, Nabucodonosor... i kind of like that name :p

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Russia, I have a strange fascination with Russia...

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Jezzascmezza said:
You, sir, win three internets and a lolcat. I'd completely forgotten about it!

My vote went for "Other", because I'd like to see Boudica return from Beyond the Sword.

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
Voted for catherine, but honestly, don't care as long as I go against Montezuma.