Fable III Walkthrough Explains the Intricacies of Real Estate

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Fable III Walkthrough Explains the Intricacies of Real Estate

Do you want to become a real estate magnate in Fable III? This video will show you how it all works.

As with previous games in the series, Fable III will let you buy and decorate properties throughout the various towns in Albion. In Fable III, you'll be able to decorate, rent and sell your real estate, too - and from the looks of it, this optional feature (which I'm hesitant to even call a "minigame") will probably consume dozens of hours for the Sims-loving crowd.

This walkthrough - narrated by one of those Lionhead folks with a ear-pleasing British accent - gives just a taste of what players can get up to in their Fable III redecorating. It seems that we'll have far more options about what we want to place where than ever before, though I hope that this game retains the system where you can display trophies you've earned over your adventures, because I always found that to be kind of cool.

I do like that there seems to be enough here to satisfy the obsessive interior decorator mentality as well as the cash-hungry landlord mindset. As with many things in the Fable series, it does admittedly seem a bit tertiary - you can do it, but why would you care? - but I'm sure somebody will have fun with it.

(Via G4TV [http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/707642/Fable-3-Housing-Customization-Walkthrough-Really-Brings-The-Room-Together.html])

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I wasn't aware My Sims was the target audience for Fable 3, but still, looks interesting, but I probably cba to edit all the stuff with every house in Albion.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
If I could bring over some people, to try out that iron maiden in practice complete with sfx and animations to go with that, I might genuinely be interested in this feature. If I could get to see the tenants rail at me for rising up the rent and possibly lead to open city-wide revolts, that I'd have to deal with, I might be genuinely interested in that as well.

But once again Yahtzee's question during Fable 2 rings unanswered in my head as I watched this video: "You can, but why would you want to?"

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Excellent, soon I will have my dark fortress of endless despare. Or I could go bubblegun pink, I haven't decided yet.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
I think this could have promise, just as long as I don't have to run to 5 fucking furniture shops just to get a couch.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
If I want to play The Sims, ill go play that, but Im looking for an action/adventure RPG.

It seems like they should rename this The Sims - Albion Edition

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Interesting, never been a Sims player but I do enjoy player housing when availible in MMORPGs, and spent some time developing residences in games like "Oblivion". :)

As far as such things go, this looks pretty par for the course. Albiet a lot more streamlined than trying to set things up perfectly in say "Star Wars Galaxies" which could take stupid amounts of work.

My biggest thought when looking at that video though is that the Warhammer the heroine is carrying looks absolutly ridiculous, and the way it sticks out when she moves is bloody awkward.

What's more, what is the fascination with every weapon in a video game needing to be carried eastern style over the back, even when the game is western where weapons were routinely carried at the waist... albiet not ones that big... but then again real Warhammers weren't like that either for the most part (long haft, small bullet-shaped head).

Yes, yes, it's fantasy, and I'm getting off topic... but basically I don't think that looked right.

Also given that we had a Heroine as opposed to a Hero, that should put some people's fears to rest on the gender option front. Though I still can't help but wonder how radical the physical changes are as she levels up... is that indicative of a graphic you could use through the entire game? What's more is she going to give Jenny Craig a heart attack after eating a single pie to heal?

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Stop re-inventing The Sims...

Also, that guy couldn't have sounded less bothered about it all.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Gabanuka said:
Excellent, soon I will have my dark fortress of endless despare. Or I could go bubblegun pink, I haven't decided yet.
How about a pink room of despair?

Colonel Joson

Apr 20, 2008
imnotparanoid said:
Gabanuka said:
How about a pink room of despair?
*Gasp* A PINK ROOM OF DESPAIR?! Surely... thats going too far?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
...That nice...but I want news of the PC version. You know....for the people who don't own a XBOX 360?

Dr. Whiggs

Jan 12, 2008
So I guess this is for when the fighting and treasure just get to be too much and you want to hang some drapes?

Fuck, Molyneux, would you get some sense in that head of yours?

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
I often hear this about the Fable games, "You can do it, but why would you?"

I don't like that reasoning at all. Give me every option in the book and let me figure out what to do with it.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
Are they going to fix the combat? I've yet to hear it mentioned. Learn two area effect spells and kill everything that so much as looks at you funny. Hopefully they'll at least give a real penalty for doing badly. Also why are they focusing so much on something that is at best asinine?
Edit: Repairing houses? So Fable 3 is going to try and be a sim's ripoff? I honestly haven't heard anything about fixing the combat.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
I will enjoy this and I probably won't be seen for days.

Therumancer said:
As far as such things go, this looks pretty par for the course. Albiet a lot more streamlined than trying to set things up perfectly in say "Star Wars Galaxies" which could take stupid amounts of work.
I miss that stupid amounts of work... I enjoyed the sense of pride that came with it.

I wish more games would try their hand at it.