Mother 4 Coming Without Nintendo's Help

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Mother 4 Coming Without Nintendo's Help

Azure's take on Mother will follow a boy named Chase who is thrown into the middle of a multitude of strange occurrences, such as alien abductions and inanimate objects like construction equipment coming to life. He and four companions, including Leo the "street-wise rough and tough street urchin," embark on a journey to combat these disasters and find out the true enemy behind them.

Mother 4 will be absolutely free when it's eventually released, but Azure doesn't have a projection for when the game will come out. This might not be as ideal as a new Mother from the original creators, but it's about as good as we're going to get.

Source: GoNintendo [http://mother4.dcmsoftware.net/]

Apr 28, 2008
$5 says Nintendo cans this right before they finish it.

I really hope it gets released, but chances are it won't. Which would make me a very sad panda...

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Wish they could release Earthbound series in Europe, wanted to play it since I first played as Ness on Smash Brothers on the N64>.<

Tales of Golden Sun

Dec 18, 2008
Pff. I wouldn't call it Mother 4 unless it was made by the people that made the first 3 Mothers.
This seems more like a game-inspired-by-the-mother-series.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
These guys will get a C&D letter as soon as this story gets some wind under it's wings.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
icyneesan said:
Now if we could just do something similar with Warcraft 4....
There's no point in making a 4th Warcraft RTS at this point because Blizzard continues to advance the story in WoW. Even if fans decided to make their own by the time it would be released the story would have advance far past what they'd have started with. Until Blizzard decides that WoW has run its course and it's time to move on to something new will a window of opportunity open for a 4th RTS.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
KeyMaster45 said:
icyneesan said:
Now if we could just do something similar with Warcraft 4....
There's no point in making a 4th Warcraft RTS at this point because Blizzard continues to advance the story in WoW. Even if fans decided to make their own by the time it would be released the story would have advance far past what they'd have started with. Until Blizzard decides that WoW has run its course and it's time to move on to something new will a window of opportunity open for a 4th RTS.
I refuse to believe anything that has happened in WoW is canon :p

eg: Ignore reality, substitute with own :D

ENKC

May 3, 2010
And they're going to get ban hammered and forced to delete all their work immediately before release. Nintendo should just pay them for the work and build it into an official game.

I played on of the Earthbound's on an emulator back in the day and loved its whole "Jap RPG with 90s American kids movie setting" vibe.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
If it brings back the sound battle system from Mother 3, I will probably cry. Especially if the esoundtrack is extremely awesome.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Y'know, seeing as how Reggie knows about the Mother 3 fan-translation project, I doubt that this is going to be C&D'd. I could be wrong, although I seriously hope I'm not--more Mother is never a bad thing. Hopefully this game will live up to the charm of its predecessors.

Speaking of which, I probably should go finish the first one...

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Yeah, I think this fan project might actually avoid a Cease-and-Desist. Judging from Nintendo's treatment of the franchise, it just seems they really don't care about the Mother games anymore. If they did, then Mother 1 & 2 would be on the Virtual Console in Japan (legal issues are nonexistant there), Mother 3 would've been on the DS, and the fan translation would've been shut down by now. Also, they don't seem to be stealing any code from this, which was the fatal error made by that Pokemon MMO team a year ago.

Also, Itoi has stated that he'd like to see someone else make Mother 4 since he doesn't want to, so it's not like this goes against his wishes.