DC Universe Online Gives Robin a Voice: Wil Wheaton!

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
DC Universe Online Gives Robin a Voice: Wil Wheaton!

As if DC Universe Online's voice cast wasn't cool enough already, Wesley Crusher is going to be playing the Boy Wonder.

Sony has built up a lot of excitement for <a href=http://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-Online-Hero-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0K898/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288039726&sr=8-1>DC Universe Online with only the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.216697-Batman-TAS-Actors-Reprise-Roles-in-DC-Universe-Online>announced voice cast for the game. Now, Sony's revealed some more more voices for the game, including Wil Wheaton.

Wheaton is going to be taking on the role of Robin, Batman's sidekick. Meanwhile, Corey Burton will reprise his DC Animated Universe role as Braniac, Dwight Schultz is taking on duties as The Flash, and Arleen Sorkin will again voice Harley Quinn, the character she made cool enough in the DCAU to be incorporated into the comics' continuity.

Even though the game's been delayed until next year, it sounds like <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/interviews/7912-Talking-to-the-Creators-of-DC-Universe-Online>the game's creators want it to be as good as they can possibly make it. Based on the actors assembled, though, it certainly sounds like things are progressing in the right direction.

Source: MTV

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
Maybe Robin will fall in an acid pit!

No but seriously, as a person who's doing an English project on Just A Geek, this makes me squee with delight.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
I liked Wes. Smart, misunderstood, ect.

(activate flame-retardant shielding)

I think it is a good fit as Robin.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
If you're going to do a game like this it's important to get the right voice talent. Kudos Sony.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Pugiron said:
As if it weren't cool enough? Nothing about this adds coolness. Combining Robn The Boy Wonder with Weseley the Boy Navigator creates a black hole of lameness that will suck all the style ouy of the universe.
Uh, you do know that Wil Wheaton hasn't played Wesley in like... two decades, right?

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
Wow this just gets better and better. I think Wil Wheaton will fit the role of Robin perfectly! Also cross my fingers that no acid pits come up...!

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
I'm prolly going to give the game a shot as long as it doesen't come out any time near The Old Republic.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Wow, not complaining but why is WW getting so many voice acting gigs lately? I'm still getting over discovering he voices the new Robobrains in Fallout: New Vegas.
"You may want to run; I am trying to kill you, after all!"

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
Oh MY GOD!!

It's a Star Trek f***-fest!

Damn you Sony! Now I have to buy it just to hear Hwil Hwheaton's and Dwight Schultz' voices.

/rant

Metzeten

Oct 16, 2009
Oh god no....
Well, thats me put off buying that game.

Seriously I'm a massive trekkie and I can barely watch the first few seasons of TNG because of weasly fucking crusher...
Christ... Get it away.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
But I'm confused, didn't Hwil Hwheaton voice Aqualad for Teen Titans? Why not have him do that voice and get Scott Menville to do Robin?

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
I wonder if some of you are even aware that Wil Wheaton even hates Wesley, and this was all a long time ago, so a reason like "OH SHIT, GUESS I'M NOT PLAYING BECAUSE HE'S VOICING ROBIN" is a very dumb reason?

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I don't know what it is but I just don't like the idea of DC online. Oh it may be a great game (and maybe it won't be) but just the whole concept of it makes me a little hesitant.

In City of Heroes I can create the most badass super hero ever. In DC online...well the moment I stand next to Batman or Superman or even Aquaman I'll feel demished. Firstly because no matter how cool you may think you are your not Batman. Just existing within the same dimension as him instantly lowers your cool factor by default. Secondly I don't want to accidently make a character who doesn't fit in with the law of the universe. I consider myself a bit of a comic book geek, but I don't know 60 years of lore. And thirdly...I don't know, I'd just feel out of place as a completely non existent extention of the universe. Maybe I'm just weird.

Maybe I could get away with playing an obscure DC character that probably won't be used in the game. No one's going to make a bit fuss about the Question or Swamp Thing wondering around. OR JOHN CONSTANTINE! Oh that would be sweet! My super power would be to have bad shit happen to me and for all my friends to die, yay!