No More Heroes Saving on PS3's Toilet

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
No More Heroes Saving on PS3's Toilet

An HD upgrade of No More Heroes is coming to the PlayStation 3 with Move support.

To those that say PlayStation Move [http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Move-Starter-Bundle-3/dp/B002I0J4NE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1288142480&sr=1-1] is just a replica of the Wii, I point you towards No More Heroes: Paradise. You're totally right, in this case. Konami has announced that No More Heroes: Paradise is now coming to North America as an exclusive on the PlayStation 3 with support for PlayStation Move.

Anyone that wants to experience one of the Wii's bloodiest and most perverted games, but didn't want to purchase the Nintendo console, will now be able to do so in gorgeous HD. No More Heroes [http://www.amazon.com/No-More-Heroes-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000X25GW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288142390&sr=8-1] follows Travis Touchdown, an otaku that purchases a beam katana through the internet. This logically leads to him deciding to kill people for money. As Travis attempts to become the #1 ranked assassin in the world by knocking off the top 10 in gruesome fashion, he does a few odd jobs here and there like gathering coconuts. When he needs to save, he sits upon a porcelain throne.

No More Heroes doesn't make much sense, but it is a pretty funny game. The Shadow of the Colossus [http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/5117884165/] in that they're really the best part of the game.

I'm just wondering how Paradise will handle Travis's totally bare hometown as seen on the Wii. Riding around the city streets in Touchdown's futuristic motorbike was fun, but they were completely empty and a bit ugly, to be honest. No More Heroes: Paradise is due in 2011, so if Konami added anything other than bosses and improved graphics we'll find out then.

Jkudo

Aug 17, 2010
Honestly if i didn't see a review of this game, the title of this article would make no sense...Also...YAY.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
AjimboB said:
Does it work without Move?

I mean, the reason I didn't buy the Wii is the stupid motion control gimmick, so if the PS3 forces you to use Move to play this then I won't be playing it on the playstation either.

Just let me use a damn joystick controller!
they said Dualshock 3 and Move. So it works with both. :)

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
No More Heroes was one of the rare games I liked playing with a motion controller on the Wii, it wasn't perfect in terms of movement, but it was fun.

Yay for PS3 gamers either way, this was a great game.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Korten12 said:
Aura Guardian said:
Really? Not liking it(the port). But whatever.
Whats the matter with it..?
Think of it like this...When a game like Call of Duty is made for the Wii..people will laugh at it.
But...
If games like No More Heroes,NBA Jam and Tatsunoko vs Capcom are only for the Wii...most people would be like "WTF!? WHY THE WII!?!?!" I want Marvel vs Capcom 3 for the Wii...but it's not gonna happen. Heck..NBA Jam is heading to the Xbox and PS3.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I thought it was announced a while ago it would come out on both systems? Oh well, No More Heroes was an... alright game. The bosses were fun an interesting, and I'm sure the PS3 version will have better motion controls then the Wii version did. But I'm not about to go pick up a game I bought a few years ago.

Also, I'd like to see a re-remake of the Okami game. The wii version's controls were horrible in my opinion, and just being able to play Okami again would make it worth it to me. I don't have a PS2 and no backwards compatibility. :/

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Finally! I was waiting to hear about a western release date.
Any news on whether this will be Move exclusive or whether I can still play with a regular controller?

Jkudo

Aug 17, 2010
CVG did say that paradise gets some extra stuff..."sub-missions, the ability to upgrade weapons and visit a gym to train, and a new Rebout Mode which lets you take on former bosses "
This game was one of the only reasons i even considered getting a wii. I can put that off for a bit now.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
I think people are overlooking how awesome this port might be.

Think about it... Move does seem to pull off near-perfect swordplay with Move.

And if you can use Move to control Travis's sword swings, it might the the very first realistic sword-fighting game.

Either way, Move or not, I am excited for this port just like with Mass Effect 2.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
I hope they don't move no more heroes from wii to ps3 or else I will be very disappointed at suda51 other than that I'm happy Heroes Paradise is making it to america hopefully sales will be good and we'll have a 3rd game

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
The later point regarding the empty city will be an interesting reveal. I can't imagine an HD port/improvement game that is otherwise resoundingly empty in its universe compared to the more expansive and populated open world-type games on the PS3 and 360.

Regardless, from videos that I've seen, I'm not sure that I could handle the smarmy protagonist without wanting to take control of one of the bosses...

Apr 28, 2008
AjimboB said:
Does it work without Move?

I mean, the reason I didn't buy the Wii is the stupid motion control gimmick, so if the PS3 forces you to use Move to play this then I won't be playing it on the playstation either.

Just let me use a damn joystick controller!
No More Heroes is one of the few games where motion controls actually work.

And they work well. It adds to the charm of the game. Especially when you have to "recharge" your sword.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Sweet. One more reason to buy a Move soon.

On a side note, Konami, please populate the city with cars you can plow through, and, if you are able, put in No More Heroes 2 as well. A Blu-Ray is big enough for both.

That said, I shall reserve this ASAP.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
That just got my atention. I've really been paying attention to NMH from a distance. We'll see...

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
This seriously pisses me off. I just bought NMH a month ago when someone told me Paradise would be JPN exclusive (lying, rotten so-and-so's). If I'd known I could play it with a controller and on my console of choice, I would have waited.