Miniature Robot Invader Threatens Denver

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Miniature Robot Invader Threatens Denver

The Denver police were on high alert thanks to a tiny robot that appeared in the city out of nowhere.

When the upcoming robot invasion is spoken of in popular media, it usually involves huge machines equipped with missiles and lasers that we must fight off with mechs of our own. An incident in Denver last week may have clued in the world's population to look out for something less noticeable. Denver police were forced to cordon off an area of the city after a robot was found hanging around the base of a pillar acting mysteriously.

Police were alerted by a concerned citizen that noticed the robot was actually cemented into the pillar and not just sitting upon it. The 8-inch-tall robot, supposedly a toy, didn't indicate any sinister motives, but the situation was taken seriously regardless.

A 5-block stretch of the street where the robot was found was closed until police could resolve the situation, and pedestrians were kept 100 yards away. The bomb squad was sent in to negotiate with the robot, but they didn't want to take any chances. It couldn't be determined if the robot was hostile or not, so police killed the robot with a detonation to ensure that it wouldn't be a danger to humanity.

Denver Police Spokesman Matt Murray said that the robot was "strange enough" to warrant the use of the bomb squad, especially because it was cemented into the pillar. In the end, the robot was harmless and just an innocent bystander that became a victim of the ongoing prejudice between humans and robots.

Police are not currently sure how or why the robot got there. Did anybody try just asking it nicely? We can only hope this robot's big brother doesn't come knocking on the planet anytime soon.

Update: The invader appears to be Sir Kemper [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vygf4NTIHQ]!

Source: Blastr [http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16752786]

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
When will this Mechist society learn that robots are like us, and the only difference is a cosmetic one?

Calumon: I like robots. I don't know why. : (

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
"Denver police were forced to cordon off an area of the city after a robot was found hanging around the base of a pillar and acting mysteriously."
I laughed at this bit, shame it wasnt a robot in disguise.

Oct 14, 2010
Seriously, there has to be a better, easier way to find out whether something is dangerous than by just assuming it is and blowing it up.

Grufflenark

Nov 17, 2010
I thought this article was a joke at first but.. what?
And what removes the logic that some random guy/gal could come by and plant it there for teh lulz?

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Damnit people, this is how the Machine War will start! We blow up their innocents, and they have an excuse for war! WHERE IS THE ROBOLOVE?!