Miniature Robot Invader Threatens Denver

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
Is this actually a joke? Because I don't think even americans would act like that (no offense guys). But that is slightly crazy. Why not even just try and look it up online to see if it was a toy? Pretty damn funny though.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Now they might have taken it a bit too far what with cordoning the whole area off and getting a bomb squad, but I do think othat it was good that they acted with suspicion. It isn't normal for a small toy robot to be cemented into the pillar. I'm glad to see that they at least realized that this could have been a clever way to hide a bomb.
LifeCharacter said:

Find a random teenager and make this thing work.
So to fight the robots we're going to use a giant robot? Why does that seem like a bad idea to me?

ajb924

Jun 3, 2009
cursedseishi said:
Dragonforce525 said:
So to stop the robot blowing up, they blew it up?
You fight fire with fire, so why not fight explosion with explosion?

LifeCharacter said:

I'll volunteer! I can be angsty, emo, cold and quiet, whatever you want. I'll even flip chairs and choke a female friend randomly!
Will you do inappropriate things while a female friend is in a coma? If so, you're our man.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Am I really the first to comment on the fact that A TOY ROBOT WAS CEMENTED TO THE PILLAR!? Like, how long was it there? No one noticed until recently? WTF?

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Generic Gamer said:
Xzi said:
Shows you the level of moronic paranoia in America today. First the Adult Swim PR problems with a little neon Err sign, and now this. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that this robot was just a plushie.

Good to know that the people being paid with our tax dollars are completely out of the loop with modern society and have no common sense.
As I said, disguising explosives as toys and other foreign objects is an unfortunately real occurrence. The idea behind that of course being that you can get someone (apparently normally a child) to pick it up so you can kill them with it. I wouldn't say it's being 'out of the loop' or 'paranoid' so much as 'knowing a fuck of a lot more about bombing than people who only ever see videogame violence'.
Yeah but...in Denver?

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Nooooooo! You damn dirty robocists!
May Skynet have mercy on your souls...

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
cursedseishi said:
Dragonforce525 said:
So to stop the robot blowing up, they blew it up?
You fight fire with fire, so why not fight explosion with explosion?

LifeCharacter said:

I'll volunteer! I can be angsty, emo, cold and quiet, whatever you want. I'll even flip chairs and choke a female friend randomly!
Dammit! I was beaten to it! Dibs the next Gundam.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
A message to our future Robot leaders...
SIEG-HEIL THE ROBOT OVERLORDS!!!!

As for that, I've seen the bomb squad get called for stupider things...

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Tim Latshaw said:
Seriously, there has to be a better, easier way to find out whether something is dangerous than by just assuming it is and blowing it up.
That's what I thought. What if it had uranium in if, regardless of how slim the possibility is?

Bwown

Jun 22, 2010
Noelveiga said:
Man, US police is really paranoid. Coming from a country in which bomb squads sometimes have to detonate... you know, actual *bombs*, this feels like overkill.
Well, it's a tactic used by bomb squads around the world so I really don't see your point.