Final Fantasy XIII-2 Trailer Sees Lightning Reborn in Feathers

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Final Fantasy XIII-2 Trailer Sees Lightning Reborn in Feathers

The first trailer for Final Fantasy XIII-2 is now available in English, not that it becomes any less cryptic.

For Final Fantasy fans, the Final Fantasy XIII [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107030-Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-Will-Exceed-Final-Fantasy-XIII], and probably wanted to get at least one more game out of the resulting product.

Now that Final Fantasy XIII-2's first trailer is officially available in English, we get a little more explanation about what it'll be about from the main woman herself. Lightning is shown turning from crystal to human in the events that occur right after Final Fantasy XIII. "That time was lost, but time continued onwards," she says.

[video=2668]

Lightning then tells "divine Etro," referring to the Goddess Etro, to "sleep in peace," and says she will stand guard over her. In the realm "beyond time," Lightning reveals that her "life begins anew."

The scene changes to a newly armored Lightning kneeling in front of what might be Etro's resting place, shaking the feathers out of her sword. Lightning's rival stands behind her, whom is perhaps one of the enemies she must protect Etro from. I don't understand why the rivals in Final Fantasy always have cooler looking swords than the main characters.

I was one of the people that had a tough time adjusting to Final Fantasy XIII, but I'm still willing to give Final Fantasy XIII-2 a shot. If Square Enix follows the formula of Final Fantasy X-2 [http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-X-2-Playstation-2/dp/B00008URUA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295618789&sr=1-1], which swapped in a bunch of new gameplay mechanics, it could make for a title that certain gamers enjoy more than the original.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
So, at first it was a final fantasy trailer, and then in the last few seconds it all went a bit Bayonetta.

Cool. I've been considering grabbing FF13 for a while now, but I've avoided it as I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with the Final Fantasy games and I could never get any sort of brief summary of what the plot was like, other than 'linear' (which is admittedly brief), which you know, being an FF game I'd kinda taken for granted.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
it could make for a title that certain gamers enjoy more than the original.
I thought FFX-2 was universally regarded as shit. And I'm not just saying that because Yahtzee said it -_- I went to buy in on a whim one day and they guy behind the counter literally said "don't buy this it's bad"

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Give me more Sazh and I'm happy.

That's all I need.

And give Serah a combat role.

OmegaAlucard777

Sep 20, 2010
Not that I care for JRPG's or anything I am just wondering if it is still going to take 20 hours to get interesting? Maybe the long corridors will have some twists and turns to it aswell.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Wait a minute. "PEGI 16?" You mean that the game's in a state that it could be rated already?

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Needs more Fang...

Also hoping that it won't be leeching Versus XIII dev-team, like FFXIII did.

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
poiumty said:
Judging by the amount of feathers, I'm guesing she has Sephiroth's other wing.
wouldnt that involve a continuity to the final fantasy games? in one respect it would be nice but in another very confusing unless its like DC Comics were there are multiple earths.

on a side note were does your avatar come from i think ive seen that face before(reminds me of a character from Princess Waltz but i am not sure so id like to know)

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
Delusibeta said:
Wait a minute. "PEGI 16?" You mean that the game's in a state that it could be rated already?
my thought that itll be coming out before the end of spring next year just because of that rating......

another thought of mine is that this was meant to be a part of the first game but it got set aside and expanded and will have that feel to it, kinda like Brotherhood and Creed 2....

Jyggalag

Jan 21, 2011
Quiet Stranger said:
Sean.Devlin said:
Now she has actually become a chick.

HURR HURR HURR HURR!!!!!

OT: Lets just hope it isn't as bad as that other -2 FF game
Lets just hope it isn't as bad as FF XIII. By that I mean completely different in just about every way except for the graphics.

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
Veloxe said:
I was disappointed, I didn't see a single garment grid.
well i didnt see gameplay so there is still hope for Lightning and 2 other female leads to start changing clothes until you get to the skimpy outfits maybe thats why its PEGI 16

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Just when the Cloud/Lighting thing was starting to tide, now we have a Sephiroth...

Next time someone within earshot whines about a FFVII remake, I'm going to punch that individual in the throat and shove FFXIII down it.