Castle Crashers DLC Beats Up Breast Cancer

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Castle Crashers DLC Beats Up Breast Cancer

A new DLC character for Castle Crashers will kick ass while also helping out a good cause.

Downloadable content might get a bad rap at times, but nobody can hate on Behemoth's new DLC pack for Castle Crashers [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040X3LYK/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001LRQ8IY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1CAA0NKV7VYHJ7D2C850]. The Pink Knight Pack includes a brand new character, with all of the DLC's revenue going toward breast cancer research.

Players had been demanding a pink knight in Castle Crashers for ages, and one was rumored to exist somewhere inside of the game, but only with the Pink Knight Pack can players acquire it for real. The pink knight is pink (obviously), covered in smooches, and has a heart on its chest. It wields a lollipop and destroys enemies with the power of love and rainbows.

[gallery=118]

The Pink Knight Pack also comes with 4 more new weapons in addition to the lollipop. Players can buy the pack for $1.99 on the PlayStation Network on February 8, 2011. As was previously said, all of Behemoth's revenue from the Pink Knight Pack will go toward breast cancer research, fitting with the cause's pink theme.

Though Castle Crashers is a relatively new addition to the PSN, it'll still be getting the pack before the Xbox Live Arcade version. Behemoth says it is working on a title update that will also allow XBLA players to use the pink knight, but didn't give a release date. More information will be available in the coming weeks.

Source: PS Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/04/new-castle-crashers-character-will-benefit-breast-cancer-research/]

WarpCode

Mar 18, 2010
Good job Behemoth. Now get the XBox version out so the rest of us can donate.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
That is awesome. I will be supporting this DLC. Seriously awesome add-on and a great cause! Good job Behemoth.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
FINALLY!! A real reason to go back and play that game. Not for the donation, but for a pink knight who wields rainbows and sparkles.

(I'm only kidding about the donation bit, of course. I will support breasts anyway I can.)

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
HankMan said:
Brest DLC ever!
/facepalm.

OT: I had no idea that there was such a powerful desire for a pink night. Maybe everyone was dreaming of reforming the Power Rangers?

Good cause, though.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
HankMan said:
Brest DLC ever!

I see what you did there.

How much is 2 dollars in Microsoft Points?
That's like 80 to 150 points.

I remember playing as the Pink Knight on the Newgrounds.com Crash The Beard game and to be able to play as that Knight on XBLA while donating for Breast Cancer research would be awesome.

ladysephiroth

Jan 26, 2011
Hurry up, Behemoth! I want a PINK knight! (and the breast cancer thing is awesome, too.)

It's a shiny shoujo knight! Wooot!

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Garak73 said:
Let me know when they have some DLC funding Prostate cancer research.
Just for the record, guys can get breast cancer as well. It happens less often, but it happens.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Damn it I can't help if they don't have it for Xbox Live >.>

I'm going to get it and will have heaps of fun! Castle Crashers just got even more awesome!