First Skyrim Trailer Shows Off In-Game Hotness

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
First Skyrim Trailer Shows Off In-Game Hotness

The first in-game trailer for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Pc/dp/B004HYIAPM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1298562980&sr=8-3] is out, and it is going to rock your morning and possibly your afternoon as well.

I don't want to throw off your vibe, so just go ahead and watch. We can talk about it later. Really, I'll wait.

Okay! So what do you think? In one sense it's very standard Elder Scrolls stuff: narration courtesy of a distinguished actor with an awesome voice, sweeping landscapes, bombastic music, third-person action and a world-ending cataclysm that can only be stopped by one man (or woman) of pseudo-divine birth. It's Oblivion Redux [http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Game-Pc/dp/B000V9C9FO/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1298563217&sr=1-2], a technologically sexed-up expansion of the northern regions of Cyrodiil.

[video=2806]

And you know what? I don't care! Nobody does! Based on this trailer, Skyrim will be exactly what we expect and that's just fine with me. It's The Elder Scrolls, and it's freakin' awesome.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim comes out on November 11, 2011 for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Apr 28, 2008
I feel this is appropriate:

Stupid time slowing down when cool stuff is coming out later...

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
Havent played the previous Elder Scrolls games but this looks interesting.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
O.O
My God that was amazing.
The visuals.
The Gameplay.

THE MUSIC!

I'm taking my soul back and selling it to Bethesda!

Eldan

Jun 22, 2008
Meh... more standard generic Fantasyland, just shinier. Nothing that looks really pretty (as opposed to polished but standard) either. If I want to see snowy mountains and pine forests, I can go outside.
Also, no way that was all ingame footage. The breathing, the facial expressions and so on in the dragon fight? That's the Oblivion trailers all over again.

Gimme some more Babylonian dwarves and Japano-Egyptian elves, please?

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I saw this 20 minutes ago on IGN, and when I did, my jaw hit the floor and stayed there for the majority of the video. The game looks amazing. It looks like it could be better than Oblivion, maybe even as good as Morrowind. All I can say is: DO WANT!!! It is going to be a long wait from now till November...

(LK)

Mar 4, 2010
Ditching that stillborn gamebryo engine came years too late, but at least they finally replaced it... and with something from id, too.

It's like they're apologizing for all those years of their engine being a griefer.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
Hoooooooollllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy shhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttaaaaaaaakkkkkkiiiiii mushrooms.

I want it. I want it now. Yes please. Who do I have to shank? Do I have to stab somebody? Or is it just my own blood that's required in glorious sacrifice?

*Ahem*

Now that that's now the way, to serius biznis. Looks good, can't wait for it to come out.I'm a bit concerned over the look of the dragon battles so far, because my inner cynic predicts over-glorified QTEs are a-comin', but I"m ignoring that for now. Thanks Bethesda!

Extasii

May 22, 2009
Oh
My
God

I need a new pair of pants right about now...

And now we wait for pre-order...

Oh, and this is a word I made up for this video:
infriggincrediblyorgasmitasticallyawesomesaucenessapocalypticlyamazing

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Yeah.. I was kind of on the fence about Skyrim before seeing as I never could get into the earlier games in the series, but after seeing this I'm definitely excited. Not in a "put my money down now to get the game on day 1" excited way (yet), but in a "wow, I need more details on this asap" way. I guess that's what a good trailer for a (hopefully) good game does.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I take it the yell at 1:08 was supposed to be one of the fabled Dragon Shouts?

I was hoping for something a little more like this.

Oh well, at least it's still cool.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Once the Dragonborn released the shout ice sprung out of my spine and I became a frost atronach for a while. Also I squealed like a twilight fangirl seeing Edward naked.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
[small]yes![/small] yes! OH GOD YES!!!!

Seriously though, that really does look amazing. I just cannot wait for this.

Mar 30, 2010
Yeah fair enough, it looks ok. /understatement

I'm actually quite annoyed now because after the whole 'Oblivion' thing I was wary about getting my hopes up for Skyrim. And now the hopes, they are up. Damn.

Murmillos

Silly Deerthing
Feb 13, 2011
Water effects (like the river) could use some work. They looked so.. 2002's..
I'm sure this is still well in development, but kinda surpised for a video like 'this' the were as they were.