THQ Takes the Lid Off Saint's Row: The Third

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
THQ Takes the Lid Off Saint's Row: The Third

The third Saint's Row will put players at the top of their game from the get-go.

After hints of a third Saint's Row [http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Double-Pack-Xbox-360/dp/B003WFLGQM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1299163248&sr=8-2] game had been whistling through the air, THQ and Volition have announced Saint's Row: The Third. Unlike previous games in the series, where players had to work their way up to the top of the organized crime heap, Saint's Row: The Third makes you the big cheese right away.

The game is set years after Saint's Row 2, with the Third Street Saints gang totally in control of Stilwater and you at the head of it. The Third Street Saints have become a household name and even merchandised themselves, earning the attention of a legendary global criminal fraternity called the Syndicate. The Syndicate demands tribute from the Third Street Saints, but they sure as hell aren't going to get it.

The battle between the Third Street Saints the the Syndicate will play out in a brand new city. Saint's Row is known for some pretty crazy gameplay segments, but THQ says Saint's Row: The Third will feature the "most outlandish gameplay scenarios ever seen."

Game Informer's April covers feature two pieces of concept art from Saint's Row: The Third, one of the main character about to board a plane, and another with 10 armed combatants firing at each other from 25,000 feet in the air. More details will be available soon.

Source: Game Informer [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/03/02/april-cover-saints-third789.aspx]

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Woohoo! I hope it will still have the bright colorful world that the other Saint's Row games had. The bright worlds were a nice step away from the gritty games that come out every two seconds.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
These guys know how to make a fun free roaming experience. Something Rockstar seem to have forgotten. I'm looking forward to this game. It looks like they've added weapon customization too this time. Which is awesome cause that was the only thing you couldn't customize. And a new city? Fuck yeah! Bring it on.

As long as they treat PC with respect. SR2 was fun, but almost unplayable on PC. Do it right this time.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Oh, god, fuck yes.
Just make it better optimised for the PC, 'kay Volition?

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Oh yes this is getting sweeter by the minute. Now as far as advertised "most outlandish" gameplay is concerened i have just one question? Can they go more outlandish and silly than using a septic truck to cover houses is shit?

Polock

Jan 23, 2010
My brother in law is doing voice overs for their "radio stations" when you are in the car!

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I don't know if they can claim most outlandish EVER seen. Mercenaries has allowed tactical nuclear strikes, what have they decided can top that? Hopefully it involves dinosaurs.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
manythings said:
I don't know if they can claim most outlandish EVER seen. Mercenaries has allowed tactical nuclear strikes, what have they decided can top that? Hopefully it involves dinosaurs.
They also have to top Just Cause 2!

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
ImprovizoR said:
As long as they treat PC with respect. SR2 was fun, but almost unplayable on PC. Do it right this time.
Yeah, I came here to post this. If the controls are as bad as Saint's Row 2, I won't even buy this game for $2.50 on a Steam sale. Honestly, Black Ops is poorly optimized graphically for PC, but it runs better than Saint's Row 2.

Do check out this mod [http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1142123] as it helps with the controls, fixes some of the graphical issues, and adds a whole new bunch of features.

Apr 28, 2008
VanityGirl said:
Woohoo! I hope it will still have the bright colorful world that the other Saint's Row games had. The bright worlds were a nice step away from the gritty games that come out every two seconds.
Agreed. If this game is as over-the-top, silly, and fun as the first two. I will be happy.

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
I sat here for 5 minutes trying to think of something that wouldent get be a warning for low content posts.. totally speechless, i sunk more time into saints row and saints row 2 than i have any other game, RPG's excluded, and given the ending, assumed there would be no 3rd.. ive never been happier..

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
That cover immediately reminded me of one of the final scenes from Shoot 'Em Up (which I rank in my top 3 best video game movies of all time, of which not one is based on a video game) and knowing Saints Row it'll probably capture the same madness. Sounds good.

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
Excuse me while I take a minute to soil myself in delight.

FUCK YES. Been waiting for this. Can't wait.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I played the second game and it was fun...but I never finished it

but yeah I feel like for 3 they need to really go over the top :p beat out Just Cause 2?