Critical Miss: Dragon Age 2

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I had a good laugh. Nice work. Oh Bioware/EA, everything you do surrounding DA2 blows up in your face.

Jul 22, 2009
The Gentleman said:
...And this is why PC gaming is dying
You might get a lot of hate for that sentence right there...

OT: Hilarious comic! :D

The banning thing makes EA seem like some huge thug corporation o_O

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
The Gentleman said:
...And this is why PC gaming is dying: because you don't have to deal with this shit with the consoles.
Linux, bitches! It's the shizzle! Can ya dig it?

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
Nothing seems to have gone right for the DA2 release does it? All the better for us to laugh at it!

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
A few things.

1. I could have swore that the people who posted those review scores were punished in some way, shape or form.

2. The problem with the inability to activate the game was resolved. It was because of a misunderstanding.

I have no idea what Securom even is though.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
That's kind of funny.

Also, I've been choosing most of the direct/dickish responses. It's fun. Now when he talks on his own he's doing it.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Zeetchmen said:
Feel sorry for all the people that ended up buying the "RPG of the decade" ^o^
As someone who loves DA:O and DA2, I can confidently say you don't need to feel sorry for me ;)

Nidokoenig

Feb 23, 2011
this isnt my name said:
Nocta-Aeterna said:
Is there an elf, flirting with a sheep in the background?
*sigh* The dalish in this Game were Welsh, Irish and Scottish, its a Welsh joke. (I get tired of the Welsh jokes, atleast have somthing to back up the things, like Americas obesity problem. The Ssheep joke shouldnt even exist.)
Jokes about more rural people getting off with livestock are common the world over. It's just city folk being mad jelly that Wales hasn't been completely covered in concrete.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
As much as I like Dragon Age 2 and as much of a Bioware fanboy as I may be, I am quite saddened by the events surrounding the game. The "secret" DRM, the "reviews", the whole banning fiasco, etc. Makes me worry about Bioware. I always gave them the benefit of the doubt, but they're really pushing it this time. The fact that DA2 was a rush job doesn't help either. Sure, a Bioware rush job is still better than 95% of games on the market, but it kinda feels like a trend that I don't want to see continued...

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
this isnt my name said:
I get tired of the Welsh jokes, atleast have somthing to back up the things, like Americas obesity problem.
It's funny, because I have this crazy feeling you haven't even been to America, so you only have news outlets to rely on for the "obesity problem".

The definition for obesity used in the US is based entirely on weight-height ratio. Not body fat percentage, or anything reasonable. Most bodybuilders are considered "obese" under the US definition. Even though people like to talk about how "One fourth of Americans are obese", I'm sitting in a room of 40 people, and not a one of them looks in the least bit fat.

I'm about to start raging here, so I'll cut this off.

Watch the documentary "Fat Head". It explains the whole "obesity epidemic" far better than I ever could.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
The Gentleman said:
...And this is why PC gaming is dying: because you don't have to deal with this shit with the consoles.
Its a zombie thats slowly rotting. The stench is horrible, but hey! Its clearly munching that guys brains! Thats a healthy sign, right?

Better to go water those indie flowers now, so we can put them into bigger pots eventually.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
It's rather amazing just how much goodwill Bioware has managed to burn through over the space of one game. I'm less than certain the sheer volume of ire being cast in their direction is really deserved, or how much might have been overlooked if the game said ire was orbiting hadn't been developed in ways that made the "loyalist" fanbase feel betrayed.

Hopefully ME3 will earn some forgiveness.