Honest Hearts Launch Trailer Debuts

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Honest Hearts Launch Trailer Debuts

With Honest Hearts just a week away, Bethesda has unleashed the official launch trailer for the next Fallout: New Vegas [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Pc/dp/B002SU4QG4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305125268&sr=8-3] DLC, starring none other than the legendary Burned Man himself.

[video=3196]

Joshua Graham was the feared right-hand man of Caesar, until he led the Legion to disastrous defeat at the First Battle of Hoover Dam. As punishment for his role in the debacle and to serve as a warning to others, he was coated in tar, set on fire and cast into the Grand Canyon; yet the notoriously hard-to-kill Graham, now referred to only as the Burned Man, survived, and he's apparently got big plans for the future.

The launch trailer doesn't actually tell us much about what's going on; Zion looks nice, there are lots of tribals killing each other and the Burned Man comes across as just a wee bit nuts, although under the circumstances I suppose it's not fair to hold that against him. Whatever's happening, it looks like more of the "real" Fallout experience, and I'm definitely looking forward to finding out more about Graham, his history and his fall from Caesar's grace. I guess maybe it's time to actually finish New Vegas.

Honest Hearts comes out on May 17 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. To learn more, check out fallout.bethsoft.com [http://fallout.bethsoft.com].

May 17, 2010
Look's really good. I wonder if Graham is going to be a companion and the whole thing will play out as a long companion quest or if he is going to be an antagonist or what. Always loved the Tribals in fallout so i'm happy with that.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
. I guess maybe it's time to actually finish New Vegas.

Honest Hearts comes out on May 17 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. To learn more, check out fallout.bethsoft.com [http://fallout.bethsoft.com].
The question is... Can you finish it?
Muahahahaha!

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
Andy Chalk said:

Muahahahaha!
Of course he can't, they're keeping it close-ended! *Evil laugh*

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I think this is the first time a trailer of something I have liked has actually made me want it less. It doesn't seem very good at all from that trailer.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
I guess maybe it's time to actually finish New Vegas.

Please do!

Despite the early bugfest, this is just one of those games I keep coming back to over and over. And I do not play games over and over, historically. Making a different character causes the entire world to feel different. Even just slight variations on the same character make an impact. The game's ambition outpaced its technique for awhile... but isn't that better than the opposite?

If you do plan to finish and play this expansion: Make sure you get your character "finalized" and keep a separate save before you participate in the final sequence--you'll be clearly told when that is. You can't load in with anything you've done after starting that, unfortunately. (Still, go through the final sequence. It's nice to see all your loose ends tie up before your eyes!)

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Legion said:
I think this is the first time a trailer of something I have liked has actually made me want it less. It doesn't seem very good at all from that trailer.
I'm not able to see the trailer from where I am at the moment--what is it that turned you off? (Not going to try to convince you otherwise, just looking for alternate perspectives besides the hype)

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Dastardly said:
Legion said:
I'm not able to see the trailer from where I am at the moment--what is it that turned you off? (Not going to try to convince you otherwise, just looking for alternate perspectives besides the hype)
Well it's basically just combat from various different camera angles, it shows practically nothing to do with what it may be about, or why you'd want to play it, unless you like shooting Tribals.

Trailers are supposed to draw you in, pique your curiosity. Especially if they are for DLC, I don't need to see people shooting for 2 minutes, I already know what the games combat is like.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Every time I think about finishing up New Vegas, I get hung up on a plot point that I just can't roll with. So I don't. I suppose it's a valid way to conclude the game - choosing to wander the wasteland aimlessly while the world continues on its way - but dammit, I'm not too happy about it.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I am so excited I just can't explain it in words, and my hands are shaking and there's going to be Joshua, and burning (if he's an antagonist I WILL burn him again just to be evil about it) and tribals, and a cool gun skin and the grand canyon, and bible stuff, and story and *foams at the mouth*

CAN'T. WAIT!

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Looking forward to this. The whole Burned man story was the most interesting thing about Caesar's Legion. Now I just have to decide whether or not to take my brawler, my negotiator or my "Shoot first ask questions later" wastelander into this DLC.

pbteyeofharmony

Mar 28, 2011
For some reason I'm not seeing the trailer. I'm just getting an ad for the Publisher's Club, no trailer whatsoever. What have I done wrong?

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
I wondered why Caesar's legion went on about 'the burned man', as if it was a major plot point, but it never amounted to anything...

...now I just have to figure out why a big deal was made about the courier being hand-picked for delivering the chip by a guy wrapped in a dead flag...

Candrian

Mar 27, 2009
Looks pretty good, can't wait to get stuck in. Dead Money was great so I hope this one keeps it up. Still, I'd rather they'd release the DLC with all the Courier Number 6 story hinted at in Dead Money.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
BrunDeign said:
GonzoGamer said:
Andy Chalk said:
Muahahahaha!
Of course he can't, they're keeping it close-ended! *Evil laugh*
It took me three tries to get to the slideshow. It just kept freezing up.

The tribal warfare is scaring the hell out of me: all those people running around, it's going to be glitchtastic.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
HELL. YES.

Also, anyone who knows the original history of The Burned/Hanged Man from the old Fallout development cycle is probably scratching their heads, given the fact he is being seemingly treated like some kind of hero/anti-hero with a purpose here. In the original Van Buren, the Fallout 3 that never was before Interplay utterly screwed the pooch on the franchise and, well, being financially solvent, he was THE evil companion. So much so that many groups would INSTANTLY HATE YOU ON SIGHT if you were friends with him. I found it interesting that he was given a somewhat more sympathetic storyline and history in New Vegas, but given he was featured in a bloody loading screen message through the whole game, I figured we'd eventually see his bandaged mug. Just... not as a cross between Azrael and Darkman.

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
*explodes with excitement*

Yay! and when its released Im halfway through my exams! :D