PSN Problems Delay New Vegas DLC on PS3

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
PSN Problems Delay New Vegas DLC on PS3

If you're playing Fallout: New Vegas on the PS3, your confrontation with the Burned Man is going to have to wait a while.

The latest piece of Fallout: New Vegas DLC, Honest Hearts, was supposed to be a simultaneous release across PC, Xbox 360, and PS3. Unfortunately, thanks to the recent trouble with Sony's PlayStation Network, Bethesda has had to amend that plan.

Honest Hearts tells the story of a bitter conflict between a New Canaanite missionary, and the legendary Burned Man. Both men are fighting over Zion, a valley that was spared the horrors of the war, and is almost untouched by the desolation that marks the rest of the Mojave. If you're playing on a PC or Xbox 360, then you can play this new content today. But if you're playing on PS3, then you're going to have to wait, and Bethesda doesn't know for how long, as it depends on how long it takes Sony to restore the PSN Store. Bethesda says it will let PS3 owners know when it has more information.

Even with PSN up and running again, the outage is going to have a long tail and Sony is going to be handling the repercussions for weeks, if not months, to come. It's only natural that there will be some disruptions and delays as Sony gets its house back in order, but hopefully they won't be for too long.

Source: Bethesda Blog [http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/05/16/honest-hearts-udpate/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bethesdablog+%28Bethesda+Blog%29]

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
WHY ESCAPIST MUST YOU TOO MOCK ME!

Sall good by the time its released the Fallout Wiki should be well updated for all the findable goodies...and I still need to do Dead Money on my current profile...

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
It still hasn't appeared on steam here in Aus, so I still have to wait. Though Im in the middle of mid year exams so maybe its not the best time.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
5t3v0 said:
It still hasn't appeared on steam here in Aus, so I still have to wait. Though Im in the middle of mid year exams so maybe its not the best time.
Nor has it appeared yet in the UK yet, just finished my last exam so im looking forward to kicking back with some new content :D

AzzA-D

Nov 18, 2009
MaxPowers666 said:
This is bethesda were talking about, fallout 3 dlc came out for 360 a year before it did on the ps3 and it still had all the exact same bugs.
Obsidian made Fallout 3... I agree about the bugs though, most likely not guna be entirely fixed by PS3 release ^^ lol

Still waiting for the DLC to appear on Steam also :( 2pm in the UK and its been out on Xbox for sooo long now....

ZeLunarian

Mar 1, 2010
Playin it now I am ^^ my net was dead from around 11pm last night till a couple hours ago ¬¬

Bugs don't seem to be around >.>
<.< yet

All i noticed is one band of tribals, who were obviously supposed to appear outta nowhere... litrally appeared... outta nowhere :p guess it was cuz i was wondering off road.

Like the guns >.>

lets hope all the hubub over the xbox patching was getting things right ^^

WhoaItsBrett

Jan 22, 2010
ZeLunarian said:
Playin it now I am ^^ my net was dead from around 11pm last night till a couple hours ago ¬¬

<.< yet

All i noticed is one band of tribals, who were obviously supposed to appear outta nowhere... litrally appeared... outta nowhere :p guess it was cuz i was wondering off road.

Like the guns >.>

I'm tempted to get it, but I'm worried it will be a disappointment like Dead Money was. What's your honest opinion on it so far?

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
MaxPowers666 said:
AzzA-D said:
MaxPowers666 said:
This is bethesda were talking about, fallout 3 dlc came out for 360 a year before it did on the ps3 and it still had all the exact same bugs.
Obsidian made Fallout 3... I agree about the bugs though, most likely not guna be entirely fixed by PS3 release ^^ lol

Still waiting for the DLC to appear on Steam also :( 2pm in the UK and its been out on Xbox for sooo long now....
Bethesda made fallout 3 and its dlc, obsidian made new vegas. I believe bethesda is creating the dlc for new vegas as well.
No, Obsidian are making the DLC for New Vegas. The New Vegas DLC is based on Van Buren.

If you don't know Van Buren was going to be Fallout 3 by Interplay but when they closed down it was scrapped. Now that Obsidian have made New Vegas they're using the opportunity to make Van Buren mostly a reality through New Vegas.

ZeLunarian

Mar 1, 2010
WhoaItsBrett said:
ZeLunarian said:

<.< yet

Like the guns >.>

I'm tempted to get it, but I'm worried it will be a disappointment like Dead Money was. What's your honest opinion on it so far?
First off, and without spoilerising :p It looks like its not gonna be the off beat kinda game that dead money was ^^ I was kinda s: about DM too.

Looks fun, allowed to bring whatever you want along. Like the guns, the locals are cute. There's a follower handed straight off... I have high hopes for this one ^^

Oliver Sadler

Apr 18, 2011
Didn't really feel too annoyed about the outage but,words cannot express the anger that is caused by having to wait for this DLC.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
This is the reason dlc sucks.
Why couldn't they just pack it in one overpriced expansion?

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
So let me get this straight, the PS3 having problems with something related to Fallout? ...nope nothing new here. Moving on.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
If its like the last DLC, then I'd pass either way. Last one made Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta look AWESOME by comparison. That's something I guess.
You can't be serious... New Vegas was pretty bad, but it still was about equal to Zeta, but the DLC for it is that horrible? Wow, glad I saved my $10 then.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
If its like the last DLC, then I'd pass either way. Last one made Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta look AWESOME by comparison. That's something I guess.
Yet Broken Steel won all of the "best FO3" DLC award...Purely for the ending change and level cap. The items and quests were so bad. >_>

I'll be skipping all the NV DLC until a sale.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
dragongit said:
So let me get this straight, the PS3 having problems with something related to Fallout? ...nope nothing new here. Moving on.
Yes, when I saw this news I had to trace a fake tear down my face...
because I can't muster even mild surprise anymore.

After trying to play a broken New Vegas for 6 months (haven't tried the new patch yet; the game is floating amongst my friends), I'm really not interested. They should just put all these resources into making a new game... one that works.

However, I have to admit that I was kind of expecting this and the DM dlc to be a part of the psn welcome back plan: that way Sony and Bethesda could apologize for the grawfull support they both give the ps3.