Infinity Ward Claims Modern Warfare 3 Is the Same on All Platforms

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Infinity Ward Claims Modern Warfare 3 Is the Same on All Platforms

All versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 are being developed side by side, says Infinity Ward.

Infinity Ward's creative strategist Robert Bowling says that the studio will not focus on one platform over any other for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Responding to a question on Twitter [http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/73350221379289088], Bowling said that all platforms were developed alongside each other, ensuring that everyone had a positive experience with the game.

Activision came under fire following the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops, with players on the PC and PS3 complaining [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107163-Gaming-Advocacy-Group-Reports-Black-Ops-to-UK-Government] that all of developer Treyarch's resources seemed to have gone into the Xbox 360 version. In his response, Bowling hinted at these complaints and explicitly stated that the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were the same. He did admit though that the PC version would receive some unique optimizations, something that will no doubt please PC players, after the upset [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96291-Infinity-Ward-Claims-MW2-on-PC-a-Tremendous-Success] caused by the decision not to include dedicated servers in the previous Modern Warfare game.

Bowling also claimed that Modern Warfare 3 would use every scrap of disk space available to it - including the extra 1Gb afforded by the recent Xbox 360 firmware update - and that the game's frame rate would be capped at a minimum of 60 fps on consoles, although he said it could go higher at times.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on November 8th.

Source: via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/303198/news/modern-warfare-3-no-lead-platform-says-infinity-ward/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-News-RSS]

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
If that's the case then it looked horrible on the trailer. As it stands BF3 is going to crush MW3.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Infinity Ward's(Respawn's?) trial against Activision began two days ago, do we have any news about that which I may be missing?

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
tehroc said:
If that's the case then it looked horrible on the trailer. As it stands BF3 is going to crush MW3.
Gameplay and graphics, definitely. Sales, I don't think so.

OT: Bringing Spec Ops. back made me quite excited and I really like the campaign in the Modern-Warfare series(Black ops was awful). Definitely will be looking forward alongside BF3.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
HA!

That would probably be my entire post if there wasn't restrictions on low-content posts here, since it was pretty much my entire reaction. I would bet good money that none of that will be true, except maybe using every bit of space on the disk, since it was too specific to be able to lie about.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
Saw a report where they admitted it wasn't as advanced as Battlefield 3. In other words" We reused the Call of duty 3 engine YET AGAIN and we will charge you 60 bucks for this expansion you sad sacks of shit!"

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
i don't understand why everyone is saying that BF3 is going to win, only because its looks better then then MW3, isn't a game supposed to win because its just better at being a game?

personaly i really don't care about which one wins, i will buy skyrim, after four year of buying the same game i think its enough and bf doesnt really interrest me.

Soraryuu

Aug 16, 2009
blackdwarf said:
i don't understand why everyone is saying that BF3 is going to win, only because its looks better then then MW3, isn't a game supposed to win because its just better at being a game?

personaly i really don't care about which one wins, i will buy skyrim, after four year of buying the same game i think its enough and bf doesnt really interrest me.
People are ALSO expecting it to win because of being better at being a game. Added depth and all that. However, I think Call of Duty is going to win this year too, just because it's the biggest franchise in the industry.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
"Its the same as the consoles!" is not a comforting thing to hear on the PC, even if in context it just means "it won't run like total shit like before".

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
Sevre said:
Infinity Ward's(Respawn's?) trial against Activision began two days ago, do we have any news about that which I may be missing?
I think this should answer your question...

[link]http://www.gamerlaw.co.uk/2011/05/what-happened-to-infinity-ward-lawsuit.html[/link]

OT: When I first read the headline, my first thought was "Oh, CoD not catering to everyone? That's a first... /sarcasm"

But after reading it, my opinion still hasn't changed. And even if it did, I still wouldn't care, because in all likelihood, I won't see another game for about a year now...

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
I've come to the conclusion that every MW3 article/thread is merely a place for people say how much better Battlefield 3 will be, regardless of what said article/thread is actually about.

"Gee we all know this modern set military shooter is better than this modern set military shooter. Because this one is different".

Frozenfeet2

Apr 3, 2010
equal on all platforms it seems... except the wii. None of the major developers bother with the wii nowadays it seems.

I'll probably be buying MW3 but only for single player and spec ops (which is happening, right?).

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
tehroc said:
Looked Horrible? It looked exactly like Modern Warfare 1...... which was awesome......in 2007.