Infinity Ward Claims Modern Warfare 3 Is the Same on All Platforms

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
HankMan said:
So Modern Warfare 3 is going to be uniform experience all around?
Dude, I get that the puns are your "thing", but seriously, that one wasn't even slightly funny.

Anyway, still, definitely not getting it. I'm not not not getting it.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
Soraryuu said:
blackdwarf said:
i don't understand why everyone is saying that BF3 is going to win, only because its looks better then then MW3, isn't a game supposed to win because its just better at being a game?

personaly i really don't care about which one wins, i will buy skyrim, after four year of buying the same game i think its enough and bf doesnt really interrest me.
People are ALSO expecting it to win because of being better at being a game. Added depth and all that. However, I think Call of Duty is going to win this year too, just because it's the biggest franchise in the industry.
thanks for the info, it makes me happy that there still soem people who are lookin at the things that matter.
but to be serious, its hard to see those people because most are screaming graphics and shit.
adn yeah, cod will win, mostly because of those kiddies who love cod. but i will say that they will not succeed in breaking a new record: most sales on day one.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
A lot of high horses in need of getting off of in this thread.

Seems like a lot of these forumites have forgotten the one main thing that nearly every single CoD to date has nailed, and I would be as surprised as I am when I see the sun come up if this one follows suit. That is this really odd concept called... wait... what's that thing called again? Hmm...

Oh yeah, [HEADING=1]FUN[/HEADING]

In case you've forgotten what that is, let's have Spongebob explain it to you.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Woodsey said:
"Its the same as the consoles!" is not a comforting thing to hear on the PC, even if in context it just means "it won't run like total shit like before".
My thoughts exactly. That almost sounds like an open admission to a port to me, personally.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
SomeBoredGuy said:

Seems like a lot of these forumites have forgotten the one main thing that nearly every single CoD to date has nailed, and I would be as surprised as I am when I see the sun come up if this one follows suit. That is this really odd concept called... wait... what's that thing called again? Hmm...

Ahh, really? Is that what that sharp, burning sensation i got at the back of my head was whenever playing MW2, or seeing to be played? Serious, I could've sworn that was a migraine produced by the sheer and utter boredom of walking around shooting things, repeat ad infinitum.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, hoping it'll be good.
Some people here are just waaay too serious and grumpy.
I just hope it'll be good on the PC. And then i can enjoy the game.
yay.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
The gameplay in the trailer looks exactly like MW2, nothing new, same graphics. Just a guess but I'm thinking Battlefield 3 is gonna wreck MW3 in terms of everything except sales.

Oh! and fuck them, this is a lie right off the bat. Xbox will get all DLC first anyway so its not really the same is it?

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Andronicus said:
SomeBoredGuy said:

Ahh, really? Is that what that sharp, burning sensation i got at the back of my head was whenever playing MW2, or seeing to be played? Serious, I could've sworn that was a migraine produced by the sheer and utter boredom of walking around shooting things, repeat ad infinitum.
Dangit, now I need to find a song about opinions...

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
SomeBoredGuy said:

yeah no. This is the escapist, where everyone is a pretentious pseudo-intellectual.

As long as they make it possible to change setups between games on the PC version and make the PS3 version not suck balls, then it's all good.

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
So a glitchy FPS based on running around like an idiot with a sniper rifle and quickscoping everyone like it's a legit skill while mic spamming like a little kid because there's no dedicated servers?

BRING ON DEUS EX!

SomeBoredGuy said:

CoD players watch spongebob? Told you they were 6...

Jackstick

May 25, 2011
Frozenfeet2 said:
equal on all platforms it seems... except the wii. None of the major developers bother with the wii nowadays it seems.

I'll probably be buying MW3 but only for single player and spec ops (which is happening, right?).
They'll probably release a spin-off for Nintendo 3DS, just like they did with Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 on DS.

Not saying it'll be good, though.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
Infinity Ward's creative strategist Robert Bowling says that the studio will not focus on one platform over any other for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Responding to a question on Twitter [http://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/73350221379289088], Bowling said that all platforms were developed alongside each other, ensuring that everyone had a positive experience with the game.
Yeah? And Gearbox's CEO Randy Pitchford said that the studio wasn't going to focus on one platform over any other for Borderlands. Guess what we PC gamers got; an obvious, lazy, buggy port. Our online functionality didn't even work properly until over 6 months later; after they'd put-out some DLC for us to buy... but that's going to turn into a rant for a completely different topic.

Bottom line is this; the developers can claim they're working on the different versions independently all they want, the proof will be in the pudding.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Packie_J said:
OT: Bringing Spec Ops. back made me quite excited and I really like the campaign in the Modern-Warfare series(Black ops was awful). Definitely will be looking forward alongside BF3.
Did they confirm Spec Ops is coming back? If so, I'm very happy. Hopefully we can just drop into people's game, instead of only playing with friends. None of my friends play it anymore because they have all the trophies.
Also, I would like online co-op, FOR THE FULL GAME. They had the right idea with World at War, but imagine how much fun it would be if we had been able to play the sniper mission co-op, or the Black Cats.

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
So now Modern Warfare will be the same across three games AND three systems?
Woo hoo.
I'll play Call of Duty again when they set it in space.

qwertyz

Mar 19, 2011
Eh, I'll wait until the rest of the PC community says so before I consider buying it...

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Eh, actually I feel sorry for them copping so much flak, for this article being posted here. It's a successful franchise, whether the fans ruin the experience for you or not. And you can't blame them for not going uber creative on a formula that works, despite the negative effect on the gaming industry that many would be quick to argue.

I liked MW2, and I liked Spec Ops, and to find out that it'll run better than Black Ops on PC (with optimizations) has me quite excited. I also can't wait for BF3, heck I intend to upgrade my computer around it's release based on that game alone (at the moment I'm struggling with The Witcher 2 :(

And yes, I found it fun. And it's about freaking time for the dedicated servers guys..my connection sucks balls

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
DaHero said:
So a glitchy FPS based on running around like an idiot with a sniper rifle and quickscoping everyone like it's a legit skill while mic spamming like a little kid because there's no dedicated servers?

BRING ON DEUS EX!

SomeBoredGuy said:

CoD players watch spongebob? Told you they were 6...
Spongebob...is not a kids show. They may market it as one, but if you watch it, it is no way a kids show.