New Transformers MMO Details Roll Out

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
New Transformers MMO Details Roll Out

Not only does the new MMO have a name, but it's going to be on display this weekend.

Not too long ago, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108445-RuneScape-Dev-Working-On-Transformers-MMO>it was revealed that Jagex was working on an MMO based on the popular Transformers franchise. Now, the game has an official name (Transformers Universe), <a href=http://transformersuniverse.com/2012-you-decide>an official website, and an official sign up for the game's official newsletter. So, it sounds like the game is officially official.

Transformers Universe is going to be a free-to-play browser-based MMO, much like Runescape (which is also developed by Jagex). Other than that, details are kinda sparse, but Jagex is promising to release a lot more information at this weekend's BotCon (the official Transformers fan convention in Pasadena, California).

Jagex will apparently be showing off the game at the convention and is promising that folks in attendance "will be the first to see the graphical style and direction for the game." Based on the placeholder graphic on the homepage, it seems like the game will be embracing the visual style of the original cartoon series instead of the look from the Michael Bay films (which, let's be honest, can only be a good thing).

Source: Massively

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
... WANT!

So much want!

I love Transformers. Should be good if Jagex are still any way inventive.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Free to play?!?!?!

HOLY CRAP YES!

*Jumps up and down like a little girl...even though i'm a boy*

Now Escapists...Play this and role out!

EDIT: Just remembered, is it this?

If so i'm going to jump up and down even more....

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
closest thing we can get to an open-world giant robot simulator, i'm in (plus i wasted MANY a nights playing runescape, so i trust Jagex)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I am hype up about this news (I always wanted a Transformers game where you can pick a side and make your own Autobot/ Decepitcon character) but I going to reverse my opinion until I see the footage after Botcon.
Also FYI the image on the main website is base on the current Transformers show "Transformers Prime" but again your right, it's better than Bayformers.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Finally, I can live out my desire to beat the crap out of giant robots. I am so going Decipticon, and I think i'll have my character be an aircraft of some kind if possible.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
I can make my own transformer? And choose sides? For free?

*Bursts into tears*

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
vansau said:
it seems like the game will be embracing the visual style of the original cartoon series instead of the look from the Michael Bay films (which, let's be honest, can only be a good thing).
Actually if the Silhouettes of Optimus and Megatron are indications of which series they are using it'll actually be. "Transformers:prime"

Though I agree it'll be a better visual look than just being straight from Bay's movie models.

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
This could actually be fun...as long as transforming doesn't become a members only thing.

Wierdguy

Feb 16, 2011
Ehhh... sounds a bit lame to me tbh... then again, Ive never been a fan of transformers - didnt even like them as a kid :/

Raso719

May 7, 2011
So we're pretty much stuck with the Michal Bay bots then? Will we ever see anything from the first generation again or are we stuck with all this because it's new and new is ALWAYS better just because it's new.

I miss the 80s.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Can we finally make our own transformer? A blue and white Spit fire would be nice.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
Is it a create your own character setup? If not and it is the "pick a pre-generated character" setup then pass..

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Fursnake said:
Is it a create your own character setup? If not and it is the "pick a pre-generated character" setup then pass..
Well the first way seems like it could be difficult unless it's not directly tied to the transformation then modding the limbs and chest won't really look like they would fit with the vehicle mode. Other wise it'd be like Transformers: War for Cybertron a few skins(body/vehicle) per type(car/truck/tank/jet) for each factions(Autobot/Decepticon) getting up to 4(only in Autobot Cars) [Jazz,Arcee,Sideswipe,Bumblebee] though if they do the later I hope they up the options and don't limit it by Colors Deceptions kinda got slagged in WfC they got purple,grey and 3 pale variations of colors while the A-Bots got Red Orange Yellow Green and Blue.