Blizzard Releases StarCraft II Battle Report #3

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Blizzard Releases StarCraft II Battle Report #3

Do you want to watch 17 minutes of delicious new StarCraft II Zerg vs. Protoss gameplay footage? Of course you do - you shouldn't lie like that.

Not gonna say much, here. It's Zerg vs. Protoss on the new map "Scrapyard," and it's a nice tide-over until SC2 hits hopefully before the end of the year [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/92102-StarCraft-II-On-Target-For-09-Release] ... or, at least until the (also hopefully) imminent beta.

It isn't up on the official site just yet, but it is on YouTube! I'd complain about lack of Terran representation, but we got plenty of that in the other ones. I'd like to see a TvPvZ Battle Report, though. That'd be pretty awesome.

(Part One)

(Part Two)

(Joystiq [http://starcraft.incgamers.com/blog/battle-report-3-out/#When:11:17:48Z])

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Damn. THIS is what DOW 2 should have looked like. The irony is soooooo think right now...

Never much got into StarCraft myself, but I'm gonna take a look at this. Cheers!

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
I've never played Starcraft, and I've never had the urge to (and I still don't)...but that was fun to watch.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
My god, When are they going to give us this game?! I NEED IT NAO!

Although, I will probably lose my mind after the twentieth zerg rush.

Zerg Rush's make me spazz out.

grinklehi

Sep 10, 2008
Rednog said:
Salt in the wounds of not being able to play protoss off the bat...
Actually, all races will be available to play as long as you have any one of the SC2 chunks, you will only get to play them in the campaign when their chunk comes out.

Also, those infestors are looking a little OP from my point of view, seeing as they are A). at a lower tech then BW's Dark Archon, B). They can move while burrowed, and the combination of those two abilities means that a tier 2 unit can easily counter things such as Thor's and Motherships and Ultralisks, but this is easily countered by an Detector unit, so people will just bring an Observer/Overlord/Nomad with their main group when facing zerg, I guess.

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
Damn I want this but I suck horribly at RTS's oh well, I'll just play custom maps on Battle.Net again.

Diablini

May 24, 2009
Blizzard haven't had much time developing the Zerg so the strategic combos with the are not enough, I'm sure Blizzard will once again make the Zerg the most kick ass race in the game.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
These videos make me want SCII less and less. They just continue to remind me how terrible I am at this genre.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Am I the only one who seriously doesn't give a rat's ass about Starcraft 2/WoW and wants Diablo 3 as soon as possible? I know that Starcraft players have been waiting longer for a sequel, but come on...

Hopefully Blizzcon 2009 will rock.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Abedeus said:
Am I the only one who seriously doesn't give a rat's ass about Starcraft 2/WoW and wants Diablo 3 as soon as possible? I know that Starcraft players have been waiting longer for a sequel, but come on...

Hopefully Blizzcon 2009 will rock.
I hear ya buddy. More of an action-rpg player here, and can't wait to get D3. :)

ChocoCake

Nov 23, 2008
Its really too bad that I suck at micromanagement. That will always be my achilles' heal in this genre.