23 Rockin' Minutes of the Brutal Legend Demo

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
It is 100% Full of AWESOME, I can't wait for it to come out.

And yeah, it was hard for me to stop playing Uncharted 2's multiplayer demo to get around to Brutal Legend too. =p

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
I played the demo today and if its anything to go by the full game is going to rock.

Is it just me who thinks that you couldn't have anyone other than Jack Black being the voice of Eddie Riggs? It just seems to go so well.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
phoenix352 said:
hate that games this good never get a pc port iam pissed........
Proteus214 said:
Holy fuck they had better make a PC port of this!
Could just get a 360 on the cheap for all the games that will never get even a halfway decent PC port? Or hell, do what I did - get all four! :D

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
I downloaded the demo, and loved it. Even when I had already saw that video, the humor of the game felt fresh.

Extra points for the way they handle localization... You can change the language in-game among a ton of options, or use subtitles for those languages with the original voices. The subtitles itself could get a little work, but they are pretty adecuate and its a good way of showing the game to some of my non-english speaking friends.

The thing that is really neat about it, is that subtitles will even change a lot of textures in the game, like the pass card Eddie holds around his neck get changed to the selected language too.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Andronicus said:
Fearzone said:
the vagina monster
That was your first thought when you saw it? All I saw was a monster that looked like a guitar neck...
Right, now I realize it looked like a guitar neck... and feel dirty :(

Terria

Mar 29, 2009
The gore and mature language accept/decline screens would be enough for me to buy this.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Damnit, I got hyped up only to realize that the demo Gold account locked in Europe.
My gold subscription ended 2 days ago.

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
I simply cannot wait for this game to be released. And have you people checked out the tracklisting??!! If you're a metal fan (and I kid you not that it won't matter which particular metal genre you like) then you MUST buy this game! It has everything from classic metal (Motorhead) to the blackest of Black Metal (Dimmu Borgir)! I want this NOW!

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Wilbot666 said:
I simply cannot wait for this game to be released. And have you people checked out the tracklisting??!! If you're a metal fan (and I kid you not that it won't matter which particular metal genre you like) then you MUST buy this game! It has everything from classic metal (Motorhead) to the blackest of Black Metal (Dimmu Borgir)! I want this NOW!
But woe betide you lament the omissions of such bands like Metallica. Angry angry metalheads will rampage through YOUR forums if you mention this, despite Tim Schafer deliberately choosing lesser-known tracks.
And I daresay there's some licensing kerfuffle.

Soigieoto

Jan 15, 2009
Fortesque said:
Soigieoto said:
Fortesque said:
Question: Is the demo Free?
No it cost 10 dollars paid directly to me.

On topic: So glad they released the demo I wasn't sure if i was gonna get the game now i really want it.
$10 is on its way.

Just finish downloading the demo off XBL and just finished the demo... OMFG! I must have this game. Could it be any cooler. Still think the funniest parts were the pop up boxes asking about profanity and gore.
Sweet. Putting that in my Brutal legend funds.

Primee133

Sep 30, 2009
Anyone else notice that the guitarist in the intro, when climbing on the stage prop, was doing the same dance as that prick in Psychonauts?

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Primee133 said:
Anyone else notice that the guitarist in the intro, when climbing on the stage prop, was doing the same dance as that prick in Psychonauts?
Given the people making the game I'd warrant it's intentional.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
that...was....WOW

Please sir I want some more!

Fearzone said:
Played the demo today. It made me go from a will-probably-buy to wait-and-see-what-people-say. Seemed like a little too much hand-holding from cutscene to cutscene--in a way that made me worry it might be like this for the entire game--I mean it just felt a little to natural for them to do things that way--and the way you killed the vagina monster was contrived and immersion-breaking. I know one cannot generalize the demo to the entire game, but what else is there to go by? So... wait and see.

Overall it comes off as feeling tightly crafted. Some stutter I got during the first 30 secs of the intro on the PS3 disappeared after that and did not return. I suppose it was loading but that too raised worries about performance down the road, since I've never seen that before even in Killzone 2 with better graphics.
Demo = Tutorial Level. It only told you what to do once (the relic solo) the rest was just revealing your new moves. Okay it was at the time when you needed to use it but it beats a loading screen with every instruction or a dire need for a manual. Cant wait to get my hands on a console to get this game!

Primee133

Sep 30, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Primee133 said:
Given the people making the game I'd warrant it's intentional.
Well of course it's intentional, but I find it a nice touch. Makes me wanna boot up Psychonauts again.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Andronicus said:
Fearzone said:
the vagina monster
That was your first thought when you saw it? All I saw was a monster that looked like a guitar neck...
That's what they were calling it on a video on the brutal legend website.

Twilightruler

Jul 3, 2009
Normally I don't like the goth/emo (or whatever the hell you want to call it) look on a girl but...that supporting character is just..wow. *ahem* Right, the game. Well the gameplay looks alright but I just hope they add a crap load of combos and such to it. Otherwise this just looks too repetitive.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Fearzone said:
Andronicus said:
Fearzone said:
the vagina monster
That's what they were calling it on a video on the brutal legend website.
Hmmm... is that the developers? Either way, it doesn't really matter. I'm still inclined to think they designed it with a guitar in mind, rather than female genitals, given the context of the game. But hey, you can call it whatever you want! :)