Australian Arkham City Steelbook Edition Turns Back Time for Batman's Wardrobe

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Australian Arkham City Steelbook Edition Turns Back Time for Batman's Wardrobe

Besides a retro outfit, the exclusive Arkham City bundle includes extra challenge maps and a free movie.

If you're Australian and you've ever wished that Batman would wear something a little bit more colorful, then the Steelbox edition of Arkham City might be exactly what you've been waiting for. This collector's edition contains a new bat-suit for the Dark Knight, straight out of the 1970's comic books, when Batman's sartorial choices were something other than black and grey.

As you can see in the picture above, the 1970's DLC skin gives Batman a blue cape, trunks, and cowl, and sticks the bat-symbol on his chest in the middle of a yellow oval. Purchasers will also get the Joker's Carnival challenge map DLC, as well as a copy of the animated movie Batman: Under the Red Hood, one of the most critically acclaimed animated Batman movies ever released. The PC and Xbox 360 versions will include a DVD copy of the movie, while the PS3 version will include a Blu-Ray copy. Obviously, it goes without saying that the Steelbook edition also comes with a Steelbook [http://www.steelbook.com/] case.

The Steelbook edition is exclusive to EB Games Australia and costs $98 AUD, which is the same as some other retailers are charging for the regular edition of the game. The content itself isn't exclusive however; the Joker's Carnival map is available as a bonus for anyone in the US pre-ordering from GameStop, for example, and the 1970's costume is a pre-order bonus from certain UK retailers. If you are in Australia though, it's hard to see any reason not to grab the Steelbook edition.

Batman: Arkham City comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on October 18th, or October 19th in Australia.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/29/batman-arkham-city-steelbook-edition-exclusive-to-australian/]

Nov 28, 2007
They need to make a DVD of Mask of the Phantasm. Still, for people willing to pay a bit extra, it's a good deal.

*notices it's Aussie exclusive*

Well, sucks for us Americans, but it's about time Australia gets some video game love.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Premium edition for under $110?! What madness be this? Good thing I've yet to order...
thebobmaster said:
Still, for people willing to pay a bit extra, it's a good deal.
Extra? That's how much games usually cost here.

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
Well damn. I want that pack so bad, yet it's the one CE that I can't get (I don't usually care about the CEs).

Seriously, this looks awesome

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
What? Something to do with Australia and gaming that doesn't make me lose faith in humanity? What sorcery is this?!

Antitonic said:
Extra? That's how much games usually cost here.
Unless you buy your games off Amazon and Ebay like I do. You can usually get newly released games for around $50 AUD there.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
This just made my fucking morning!

About the whole "games usually cost $100 here anyway", am I the only Aussie here who shops at JB Hi Fi? New releases are usually $80, with only certain games increasing in value (like COD) after a week or two. That's from my experience at least.

There's also Ozgameshop that costs about $60 but thats an online retailer.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Good to see Australia finally getting some real love in the gaming department.

I wonder if the costume comes with shark repellant?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
what the frak is with all these special preorder editions all of a sudden that are either retailer exclusive or dont cone to the states at all, Im looking at you collectors edition of heroes of might and magic 6

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Well, shit. I actually love that costume 1970 -1994.

You are such an nerd.

Hey gig, get bent.

D'AWW, Did I hurt de nerd widdle feelings?

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
I love how Batman has some attire choices in Arkham City. What I wanna know though is are these skins for story mode too, or just the challenge maps? Cuz the alternate outfit in Asylum was challenge mode-specific.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Actually going back and looking at the trailers I have gotten past being excited for it. To being afraid it's going to be just another sandbox game that plays like GTA except your batman will a few special side missions with Catwoman. :/ I hope this is seriously not the case. Because it seems to be so chalk full of villains all whom seem to get their own areas and missions but I don't see a real end boss and I am seriously not looking forward too a battled with a wheelchair bound healing Joker.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
I was going to import it like I do with new release games now, but this sounds like a good deal I don't mind paying for. Especially since it comes with Red Hood on Blu Ray. I can't wait for this game to come out. This edition seems better than the American one too.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
thebobmaster said:
They need to make a DVD of Mask of the Phantasm. Still, for people willing to pay a bit extra, it's a good deal.

*notices it's Aussie exclusive*

Well, sucks for us Americans, but it's about time Australia gets some video game love.
I mean in the government at least.

Awesome that they include the Red Hood...I saw it on a whim on Netflix and it just blew me away the quality of the animation and storytelling...bundling two of the greatest recent media entrances into the Batman franchise was a genius move.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
ThatDaveDude1 said:
So is there anyway to get the 1970's Batman costume in the US?
Learn to sew?

I'm not excited for this, now if there was a satin cowled 60's non muscular Adam West skin I'd be dropping cash on the pre-order.