Australian Arkham City Steelbook Edition Turns Back Time for Batman's Wardrobe

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if the classic suit was available for everyone as DLC later on. I'm just jealous for the movie that goes with Australia's bundle. Gotham Knight is a good film, but I enjoyed Red Hood more. Then again, I can just buy it for less than $100, let alone on Blu-Ray.

Good on Rocksteady for giving Australia something worth spending the extra scratch. Although, I notice the lack of statue that's in the US bundle.
Infernai said:
JohnTomorrow said:
How about Dark Knight Returns Batman?
That had Batman in it? All i saw was an elderly version of Crazy Steve.
Dark Knight Returns actually made sense within itself. Dark Knight Strikes Again, however, truly is the continuing escapades of Crazy Steve.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Jbird said:
Good on Rocksteady for giving Australia something worth spending the extra scratch. Although, I notice the lack of statue that's in the US bundle.
We can get the statue if we buy the collector's edition it's just that whereas America pays $100 USD for it, I think we pay something like $150 AUD.

Still, tis interesting to see a (somewhat) Australian exclusive.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
It would be amazing if wearing that Costume changed the voice actor to Adam West.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Jbird said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the classic suit was available for everyone as DLC later on. I'm just jealous for the movie that goes with Australia's bundle. Gotham Knight is a good film, but I enjoyed Red Hood more. Then again, I can just buy it for less than $100, let alone on Blu-Ray.

Infernai said:
JohnTomorrow said:
How about Dark Knight Returns Batman?
That had Batman in it? All i saw was an elderly version of Crazy Steve.
Dark Knight Returns actually made sense within itself. Dark Knight Strikes Again, however, truly is the continuing escapades of Crazy Steve.
We still have the regular CE with the statue and such, that just costs $148. As the article says, this costs the same as the regular edition.

kalt_13

Veteran n00b
Sep 14, 2008
Pretty lame consolation prize for not being able to buy the pc collecters edition

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Damn you land down under!

Damn yoooooou!

*looks into importing game from Australia*

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
There were plenty of texture mods for Arkham Asylum, so the retro skin won't be exclusive (Unless they make you unable to mod the game at all) :p
Edit: Wops, wrote Arkham City xD

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I was jealous at first then I saw this bit

Logan Westbrook said:
Australian Arkham City Steelbook Edition Turns Back Time for Batman's Wardrobe

the 1970's costume is a pre-order bonus from certain UK retailers.

Now I can't wait. Since I'm a massive nerd I'll probably use this costume when fighting Bane (it was the suit Batman wore in the Knightfall story arch that introduced Bane)

coppah20HE

Apr 8, 2011
Considering we'll be paying $100 - $120 AUD ($109 - $131 USD) for it, I think we deserve it.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Damn it, now I've got to go change my preorder. I think that these exclusive editions that EB have been doing lately for the same price of the standard editions are a good incentive, at least when trying to get good value for your games when buying here in Oz.

pwnzerstick

Mar 25, 2009
If only there was an unlockable adam west circa 1960's voice acting replacment to go along with it.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
TheTygerfire said:
Dammit, Australia....

*pouts that he can't be 70's Batman*
The Adam West one. I hope not, never want to see that agian. Also have to say your Avatar is misleading. Anyway its nice to see Australia getting some posotive news involving gaming.

farq1414

Jan 26, 2011
does it come with a mode that when you punch someone a big comic book style 'Bam' pops up if so that would be the best thing ever