231: The Littlest, Biggest Gift of All

Mark Brown

Oct 21, 2009
The Littlest, Biggest Gift of All

For Mark Brown, Christmas always means two things: videogames and loads of stress on his parents. But last year, he found the perfect way to show his mom and dad he cared: a custom Christmas level of LittleBigPlanet.

Read Full Article

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
<:3 d'aawwwww...I've sometimes tried to get my parents involved in my favorite hobby, but so far it's a no-go. My mom does have a fondness for Pikmin, and some of the other Gamecube titles. It was immense fun to watch her scurry Olimar and his helpers around, sometimes jumping whenever something exciting happened on-screen. We only played together a few times, but it was nice to see her having as much fun as I did with a game. I suspect this is a similar feeling...also, it was an absolutely adorable story, full of season's cheer :D

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
That's awesome, what a brilliant idea. And I'm glad everyone liked your gift, I was starting think, as you talked about making it, that no one would appreciate it. Which obviously would have been a disaster.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Great story, but even when I was young I never got up before 11am on cristmas, I love bed too much

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Heh. Thoughtful.

Christmas has never been that big of a deal at my place. But it's the only day of the year that my mum has full control over the TV. She'll make us watch whatever she wants.

And she loves it. =D

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
I'm not usually one for sentiment, but I have to say that really made me smile. It was a great Christmas story, and one with real meaning. You did a great job selecting the gift and putting it together, great story!

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Nothing penetrates my black heart, fools! You will not squeeze one single tear from my eyes!
MWA HAHAHAHAHA!
(Scampers off to weep in a corner)

AddytheGreat

May 25, 2009
That was really nice of ya', I know my mum would be abit "Whaaa....." if I did something like that, but I think she'd like it. Of course, I'd have to get her a hallmark card and a box of truffles aswell...

RiffRaff

May 5, 2009
And one more thing. What's the level name so I can play it? (Sure it won't have the same meaning for me, but I'd still like to give it a shot)

Hmm... you didn't make this up just so you can get Create gold trohpy? :p

Soraryuu

Aug 16, 2009

But seriously, that was the best present I never could have thought of to give to my mom.

eframson

Nov 30, 2009
Charcharo said:
Awsome story! But do you know if there is a game on the pc in which i can make this happen?
It is very sweet, indeed. And Charcharo, many PC games have level editors included with them, or downloadable separately. In fact, I would guess that being a PC game it's a bit easier to include extra media, as more programs are at your disposal. Really though, I don't think it matters what game it is, as long as you do something that's special and heartfelt :)

I kinda wish I was able to play video games with my parents. There would be times when I'd be grouping with someone in WoW, and he'd say "Oh, I have to go, but my dad will play to the end of the instance" or something. That would always totally blow my mind.

Mirrored Jigsaw

Feb 25, 2009
I was actually starting to tear up at the end. I'm 16 now, and I can completely relate. Video games are highly prevalent in my Christmases, but altogether, Christmas is losing it's value for me. It's too late now, but next year I have to do something like this for my parents.

mobsterlobster

Sep 13, 2009
What a great gift. I wish I had a PS3 now so I could do the same. Although, knowing my mum, she wouldn't appreciate it half as much as your mum did. My mum knows even less about games than yours.

Beardon65

Jul 16, 2009
You sir, are getting a hallmark card, if only I knew how to use this damned pen *stabs himself* ... well that's not how it goes. THE PAIN!!!!!!