Delay But No Demo For Driver: San Francisco on PC

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Delay But No Demo For Driver: San Francisco on PC

If you were expecting a demo for the PC version of Ubisoft's Driver: San Francisco [http://www.amazon.com/Driver-San-Francisco-Pc/dp/B002I0HFBC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1313079569&sr=8-3], you can forget about it - and the game's been delayed, too.

Remember back in late July when Ubisoft justified the presence of rampant piracy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111915-Ubisofts-Always-On-DRM-Is-Back-In-Driver-San-Francisco] on the platform. That doesn't really matter now, though, because Ubisoft has revealed, in kind of last-minute fashion, that the PC version has been pushed back anyway.

And if you were hoping to get a taste of it before deciding whether or not to plunk down your money, you can forget about that too. Driver: San Francisco demos hit the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 yesterday, but PC owners will have to settle for confirmation from Ubisoft that those are the only demos planned.

The PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii versions of Driver: San Francisco are still on schedule for a September 6 release in North America, while the PC version is now slated for September 27. An OS X version is also planned but no release date has been announced.

Source: Blue's News [http://www.bluesnews.com/s/124409/driver-san-francisco-pc-delayed-no-demo-mac-version-tbd]

Der_Bradly

Jul 6, 2011
Oh the good ole' always on DRM... Has Ubioft listened to fan feedback recently? Nope.

Well no one was going to buy it anyway soooooo... Not our loss.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Intrusive DRM, no demo, no steering wheel support...

Go fuck yourself, Ubisoft.

Bobzer77

May 14, 2008
Der_Bradly said:
Oh the good ole' always on DRM... Has Ubioft listened to fan feedback recently? Nope.

Well no one was going to buy it anyway soooooo... Not our loss.
Blizzard is getting away with it.

We let them do it Ubisoft can do it too as far as I'm concerned.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I gave up on Ubisoft a long time ago.

Fortunately they have never given me reason to regret that.

If any one company ever came across looking like it says "fuck you" and then taking a big dump on PC gamers, it's Ubisoft.

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
I hate the concept of vote with your wallet. For that to work i have to gather an army(read millions) of likeminded people to not buy it too and make it public and on top of that i have to hope Ubisoft changes their ways. I know its my only weapon in this "war" but its like fighting with muskets against tanks and drones.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Does anyone else find it very bizzare that the vast majority of PC games appear to no longer receive demos in any form? Consoles have demos for most of their major titles, but PC is constantly left out in the cold.

Of all the platforms to have a demo on, doesn't PC make the most sense? Let people find out how their system will handle the game, if nothing else.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Sober Thal said:
DRM (XBLA) doesn't matter to me. Not even for my PC games. I don't pirate, and I have an internet connection. No problem.
Actually that attitude is exactly the problem.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
No Surprise there, I personally thought Driver sucked ass after they added shooting, but that's me.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Woodsey said:
Sober Thal said:
DRM (XBLA) doesn't matter to me. Not even for my PC games. I don't pirate, and I have an internet connection. No problem.
Actually that attitude is exactly the problem. And XBLA isn't DRM.
I have to have a constant internet connection to play downloaded games, it's the same as always online DRM, eh?
Really? Fair play (just Googled) - I thought you were getting GfWL and stuff mixed up actually. But still, you're part of the problem.

Apr 28, 2008
Woodsey said:
Hey, Ubisoft, do you see that? Its my cock.

Suck it.
This.

Ubisoft, suck my dick. You will get no more money from me. I was willing to buy Brotherhood when I heard it wasn't on it. And I did, but no. No more. I will not buy anything more from you.

Screw you Ubisoft.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
JeanLuc761 said:
Does anyone else find it very bizzare that the vast majority of PC games appear to no longer receive demos in any form? Consoles have demos for most of their major titles, but PC is constantly left out in the cold.

Of all the platforms to have a demo on, doesn't PC make the most sense? Let people find out how their system will handle the game, if nothing else.
Hell. Demos in general are dying. It's not even hard. You can basically rip the tutorial part of your game as-is and have a demo. Recently, I've been seeing a lot of demos a few months POST-LAUNCH...such as Mass Effect 2, CoD 5-7, Fable 3, and Halo: Reach.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Woodsey said:
Sober Thal said:
Woodsey said:
Sober Thal said:
Actually that attitude is exactly the problem. And XBLA isn't DRM.
I have to have a constant internet connection to play downloaded games, it's the same as always online DRM, eh?
Really? Fair play (just Googled) - I thought you were getting GfWL and stuff mixed up actually. But still, you're part of the problem.
The problem would be that some places have crap internet, or people don't want to pay for it. I can't change that. But I could rage against the machine and complain about things that don't matter to me, out some sort of principle? Nah. Life is good up in my silver plated paradise where I look down on people with out the benefits I have. Is that what you mean?

/sarcasm

Meh.

I think it's a great way to deal with pirates. Make the DRM more restrictive I say. Nothing I hate more than people not paying for video games.

The real problem is piracy, and until there is way to stop it, people must endure these kinds of things.

EDIT: You might want to edit your first post.
I... what? It doesn't fucking work. The only people being punished are people who pay for the fucking game. They won't stop piracy. They can decrease it by not pissing people off who would buy the game legitimately.