Delay But No Demo For Driver: San Francisco on PC

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
Bobzer77 said:
Der_Bradly said:
Oh the good ole' always on DRM... Has Ubioft listened to fan feedback recently? Nope.

Well no one was going to buy it anyway soooooo... Not our loss.
Blizzard is getting away with it.

We let them do it Ubisoft can do it too as far as I'm concerned.
UbiSoft is like the pioneer of this shit, they used it long before anyone else has to my knowledge, and they fucked it up really bad. Consistent server outages among other things made people unable to play their games. UbiSoft has turned into a fucking joke company, and any company that follows in their suit(aka Blizzard) is just begging to be treated the same way.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Sober Thal said:
The problem would be that some places have crap internet, or people don't want to pay for it. I can't change that. But I could rage against the machine and complain about things that don't matter to me, out some sort of principle? Nah. Life is good up in my silver plated paradise where I look down on people with out the benefits I have. Is that what you mean?

/sarcasm

Meh.

I think it's a great way to deal with pirates. Make the DRM more restrictive I say. Nothing I hate more than people not paying for video games.

The real problem is piracy, and until there is way to stop it, people must endure these kinds of things.

EDIT: You might want to edit your first post.
There has never been a game where DRM has actually worked. Not. Once.

The ONLY thing it does is automatically assume that the legal buyers are criminals while the pirates get the vastly superior version of the game.

VaNilla

Sep 25, 2008
I don't mind this. I think the delay is unwarranted, piracy will happen no matter when you release it, but the DRM is fine. Everyone on this forum is using the internet to connect to the website, and I imagine 95% can't honestly say they have problems with maintaining a constant connection. You can't access this website when your internet is down, stop making a fuss that you wont be able to play a game if you're internet is down as well. Not being able to play games for a few minutes if your internet goes down isn't a big deal, if you have a life.

Bobzer77

May 14, 2008
robert01 said:
Bobzer77 said:
Der_Bradly said:
Oh the good ole' always on DRM... Has Ubioft listened to fan feedback recently? Nope.

UbiSoft is like the pioneer of this shit, they used it long before anyone else has to my knowledge, and they fucked it up really bad. Consistent server outages among other things made people unable to play their games. UbiSoft has turned into a fucking joke company, and any company that follows in their suit(aka Blizzard) is just begging to be treated the same way.
They are begging to be treated the same way but the pathetic excuses Blizzard have coughed up seem to have satisfied most gamers.

At least Ubisoft admits it's because of piracy, and just to be straight, I don't support what Ubisoft is doing it, I'm just accusing us of double standards.

qwerty19411 said:
Bobzer77 said:
Der_Bradly said:

Does the quality of the product factor into your decision?
No.

The principals are still the same.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
Woodsey said:
Hey, Ubisoft, do you see that? Its my cock.

Suck it.
"Hey Woodsey, you see that? Thats our cock. We are going to slap you and every other PC user with it and still expect you to buy our game.

Regards; Ubisoft."

Do they realise how much bad PR they self-generate?
Apparently they all think they're geniuses. I work at a walmart and we got the Ubisoft rep in one day and she said "Ubisoft is the leader in technology and software". I said "Are you fucking daft?".

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Transitionist said:
I don't mind this. I think the delay is unwarranted, piracy will happen no matter when you release it, but the DRM is fine. Everyone on this forum is using the internet to connect to the website, and I imagine 95% can't honestly say they have problems with maintaining a constant connection. You can't access this website when your internet is down, stop making a fuss that you wont be able to play a game if you're internet is down as well. Not being able to play games for a few minutes if your internet goes down isn't a big deal, if you have a life.
This is quite possibly the worst argument I've ever heard. If I set aside a couple hours one night to play a game...but my internet goes out due to a thunderstorm, there should be no reason for me to be prevented from playing it. This goes quadruple for primarily singleplayer games.

I don't mind Starcraft 2's or Games for Windows Live's style of "You can play the game, you just can't earn achievements while offline," but I do mind "If your internet is down, you can't play the game at all."

Meanwhile, the pirates can play the game whenever they want.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
Waaghpowa said:
Scrumpmonkey said:
Woodsey said:
Hey, Ubisoft, do you see that? Its my cock.

Suck it.
"Hey Woodsey, you see that? Thats our cock. We are going to slap you and every other PC user with it and still expect you to buy our game.

Regards; Ubisoft."

Do they realise how much bad PR they self-generate?
Apparently they all think they're geniuses. I work at a walmart and we got the Ubisoft rep in one day and she said "Ubisoft is the leader in technology and software". I said "Are you fucking daft?".
They actually said that? That impresses me, either they are capable of brainwashing their reps or they just hire really stupid people to be reps. Both cases are possible because In my younger working retail days I met some pretty stupid reps.

I am just sick of DRM though, I purchased the fucking game. Why should I be punished with DRM. Why would I try to crack the game I already fucking paid to play? DRM doesn't stop piracy only delays it, usually by a day or two. Why bother wasting your companies resources and time on servers that need to be running 24/7/365 just so people's games can call home and say "hey I'm legit", when the pirated version just goes "hey I don't care to phone home. Fuck mom and dad. I'll stay out as late as I want." Very few companies actually understand this concept.

AmaterasuGrim

Jul 16, 2011
Demos nothing great it look's pretty but the car's feel like I'm driving a truck & to successfully do high speed drifts you need to use boost to come out clean otherwise you wind up in walls or spin out demo kinder has made me slightly disappointed in DSF.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Well:

- First, the DRM.
- Next comes the inability to use a steering wheel in a driving game (which would be like playing Dance Central without legs).
- The delay of the PC title will no doubt be used to implement aforementioned DRM (exactly like the PC version of From Dust).
- Now PC gamers won't get a demo until well after the game is released.

Apparently Ubisoft enjoys giving PC gamers a skyscraper-sized middle finger.

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Intrusive DRM, no demo, no steering wheel support...

Go fuck yourself, Ubisoft.
Nothing else really needs to be said... well except the added delay.

Brodie Jenkins

Jul 6, 2011
JeanLuc761 said:
Does anyone else find it very bizzare that the vast majority of PC games appear to no longer receive demos in any form? Consoles have demos for most of their major titles, but PC is constantly left out in the cold.

Of all the platforms to have a demo on, doesn't PC make the most sense? Let people find out how their system will handle the game, if nothing else.
Absolutely agree with you, my PC is only barely holding its own against the newest games so I am very reluctant to part with my money when it's a gamble on whether my rig can handle it

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
JeanLuc761 said:
Does anyone else find it very bizzare that the vast majority of PC games appear to no longer receive demos in any form? Consoles have demos for most of their major titles, but PC is constantly left out in the cold.

Of all the platforms to have a demo on, doesn't PC make the most sense? Let people find out how their system will handle the game, if nothing else.
Hell. Demos in general are dying. It's not even hard. You can basically rip the tutorial part of your game as-is and have a demo. Recently, I've been seeing a lot of demos a few months POST-LAUNCH...such as Mass Effect 2, CoD 5-7, Fable 3, and Halo: Reach.
that's because the purpose of demos is not for you to check out whether you like the game/if it runs on your machine but to generate interest and all the games you mentioned had enough interest to begin with.

does anybody remember the warcraft 3 demo? it added an entire mini-campaign that bridged the gap between the tutorial and the orc campaign, today that stuff would be 15? dlc.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
And then they will be surprised when PC sales are low and piracy is rife. Since I have to wait after other platforms anyway I will get this when the price has dropped and someone has brought out an off-line patch.

Why be surprised about piracy when you kick your paying customers, like me, in the balls for being legit.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
Woodsey said:
Sober Thal said:
Woodsey said:
Sober Thal said:
DRM (XBLA) doesn't matter to me. Not even for my PC games. I don't pirate, and I have an internet connection. No problem.
Actually that attitude is exactly the problem. And XBLA isn't DRM.
I have to have a constant internet connection to play downloaded games, it's the same as always online DRM, eh?
Really? Fair play (just Googled) - I thought you were getting GfWL and stuff mixed up actually. But still, you're part of the problem.
It really isn't a problem if people don't care. If he doesn't mind that they want you to stay online, good for him.

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
And developers wonder why their games don't sell on PC...ha

I have a few problems with this:

It is a racing game on the PC? yeah that's bound to fail.
You just don't get the correct control for racing games without a joystick or steering wheel.
(I certainly ain't buyin' that shit for my PC)

No Demo? If any platform needs it the most it would be the PC because of the requirement specs of the game.

Intrusive DRM? That is the worst for customers AND results in the most pirating... pirated copies just remove the DRM anyway.
When the legal copy of the game is worse than the illegal copy guess what happens...

But you know what none of this matters anyway. Why?
My guess is this this game is just a C-list piece of shit that Ubisoft is trying to sell.
I've never even heard of it.
I wasn't going to pirate it and I DEFINITELY was not going to buy it.

Maybe Ubisoft should work on making good games that people want to hear about.

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Intrusive DRM, no demo, no steering wheel support...

Go fuck yourself, Ubisoft.
Hold on, hold on...they are releasing a driving game without Steering Wheel support?
Why!?

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
JeanLuc761 said:

Well in return you get Steam. Nuff said.