--

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
People specifically? I rarely play those as is.

If we're talking killing in general, then Uplink. You can do horrendous things to people (life sentences for sexual assault and picking your nose, anyone?) but never kill them. Well, there IS a way to indirectly kill a bunch of people but I never do it and it puts your reputation to rock bottom permanently.

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
Animal Crossing : Wild World. I sold a load of peaches to pay for a big Christmas tree. :>

Tomeran

Nov 17, 2011
Portal 2, probably.

And then there's always Sims 3.

Or Portal 1! Or Sims 2! Or...ugh...I suppose I dont have a lot of non-violent games. :<

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Does Catherine count? I didn't kill anyone because technically I was beating sheep while I was going up the towers, but then again they were actual people and were only sheep in drea-GAH!

Pokemon Black, you just faint critters, you don't kill them.

Snoozer

Jun 8, 2011
Super meat boy, haven't played it through so I don't know if the final boss is killed, but it's usually only you dying (a lot)

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Genuine Evil said:
So escapist what is the last game you played that didn?t have any combat in it ?

Mine is Syberia . I haven?t finished it yet so who knows I might still have to fight a giant robot by the end but so far it?s been some of the most fun I had with a game this year.
Uplink, played it yesterday ;P

EDIT: HOLD IT! I stand corrected, last game I played where I didn't kill anyone was Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Genuine Evil said:
So escapist what is the last game you played that didn?t have any combat in it ?

Mine is Syberia . I haven?t finished it yet so who knows I might still have to fight a giant robot by the end but so far it?s been some of the most fun I had with a game this year.
Oh man, maybe Portal? That was ages ago though :|. Haha.

KelsieKatt

May 14, 2008
I'm going to the assume the topic in question means "killing in general" not specifically humans.

In which case... that's very difficult to think of games I own which don't involve killing.

Only games I own which don't involve killing are:

The Sims 3 (Technically you can murder people if you want.)
Maniac Mansion II: Day of the Tentacle (Oddly enough, no death is involved despite Purple Tentacle wanting world domination. The original Maniac Mansion however had plenty of death.)
Myst series (Technically has themes of death in a couple spots, but c'mon I don't have much to work with here!)
Theme Park World

Other ones I've seen mentioned:

LittleBigPlanet
Katamari Damashii
Portal

I own both of these, however, LittleBigPlanet certainly has killing of enemies and bosses (similar to other platformers like Mario etc.) And Katamari Damashii may as well have killing in it because you're rolling living creatures and objects into giant balls and throwing them into the space to become stars. I can't imagine any of them would be alive after that. Portal I also own, and while it's generally not the point, there's tons of themes of death and you do kill Glados and your best friend the Companion Cube.

Otherwise, the entire rest of my collection is hundreds of various murder simulators (as Jack Thompson would put it.)

As for which one I played the most recently.... Um... The Sims 3. I haven't played the rest of these in a long while.

Hamtier

Oct 16, 2010
Little big planet 2..well thats kinda a blurred line, since the hansel and gretel stages does require killing someone at some point hmm.
then i guess darwinia,there are only computer programs and no people ^^

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
usmarine4160 said:
Haven't had anyone die on me in The Sims 3 yet.

I know what you're thinking and it's my little guilty pleasure so the hell with you!
They always die... O.O

OT: No idea what the last game I played that didn't involve killing. Whadya think I am, a girl? :D

pln9fos

Mar 17, 2010
I would say Batman: Arkham City, but two of the game's deaths lead me to be skeptical about laying the claim to that. So, if Arkham City does not fit the criteria, Rocksmith is my next pick.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
iFail69 said:
Mirror's Edge.

I didn't hurt a single enemy, how the game is meant to be played.
Amen, and thank you for pointing that out. ME's combat is awkward on purpose.

OT: It was either Mirror's Edge or Portal unless monster/undead-killing is also allowed, in which case it was Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

tgcPheonix

Feb 10, 2010
VVVVVVVVVVVVVV I guess it would have to be

I wouldn't count Portal , since you kill the cube , and the Turrets, poor poor turrets