24 hours. One game.

Dr. Awesome Face

Jan 11, 2010
Lets say that robots rise up and take over the world and after enslaving the human race they decide to have fun with the squishy humanoids by forcing them to play one game for 24 hours straight. If you stop playing or fall asleep your battle royale collar explodes killing everyone in a mile radius.

Okay so that premise is a little fucked up but I couldn't think of any other way to start this thread. So if you had to play one game for 24 hours what would it be. For me it would have to be a sandbox game, either Red Dead Redemption, Prototype or inFAMOUS, so that if I got bored of the missions or finished them before the day was finished, I would have plenty of other stuff to keep me occupied. Like 100% coompletion.

So what would you want to play to appease your robot overlords?

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
WoW.

Yeah, lane, ok, but I'd get some serious levelling done, and it's varied enough to keep my attention.

I'd need bathroom breaks and snack food though. There's no WoW without cookies.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
I'll give you a clue: LOADSA MONEY!

Although it would be important that i can play user made maps as well.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Forged Alliance. With full access to all mods, and the ability to stop and modify on the go. Multiplayer.

I have literally done this before with friends, and had the most enjoyable time. The trick is to keep shaking it up so it doesn't become repetitive - what happens if you put a mod on giving the command units extra upgrades and mix it with one that gives all units veterancy based on length of survival and units killed?

Fun.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
FFVII, FFT, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Madden 2004 or 2006, NHL 99 - 09, Triple Play Baseball 99, High Heat 2004, GTA 3 - San Andreas...

So many to choose from... Hell, I'll accept any sports game with a "franchise" mode.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Seriously... inFamous is not 24 hours worth of a sandbox... I did all of the side quests in the Neon district in like 3 hours if you don't count the story quests that it forced me to do and even then it's about 5 hours in the Neon district...

I would go with Fallout 3. I could seriously spend hours just exploring the world. I could also do any of Valve's multiplayer games. Left 4 Dead 1/2, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source...

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
probably WoW/Diablo 2/Guild Wars/Aion

any MMO would have me set for a whole day.

and I've done this already.

TheGameXXVII

Feb 1, 2010
probably Garry's Mod, since if i get bored of going into different gamemodes and mucking about there, i'd just go onto a sandbox game and create a penis-car and drive around running into people with it.

Dr. Awesome Face

Jan 11, 2010
ProfessorLayton said:
Seriously... inFamous is not 24 hours worth of a sandbox... I did all of the side quests in the Neon district in like 3 hours if you don't count the story quests that it forced me to do and even then it's about 5 hours in the Neon district...
Eh... you can always just go kill crazy...

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I'd go with Team Fortress 2. It just doesn't get boring for me. Ever.
And as an extra bonus, 24 hours should be long enough for me to get my grubby paws on another meaningless piece of headgear.

I would say Final Fantasy XIII, but I've mentioned that too much recently.
Wait, I just mentioned it again... dagnabbit...

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
24 hours? I have did that with MGS: PW just recently.

Seriously though any new game with a decent amount of content could hold me easily. I think Halo: Reach would do nicely.

If Bungie wouldn't give me a copy to KEEP ME ALIVE then I guess any MGS4 would do fine. Between the Single Player and MGO there would be no problems.