Resident Evil: Retribution Trailer Resurrects Dead Cast

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Resident Evil: Retribution Trailer Resurrects Dead Cast

Not just zombies come back to life in latest Resident Evil flick.

Resident Evil movies are a bit like death and taxes - inevitable - but this time out, Death gives up several of its victims. Carlos (played by Oded Fehr), who snuffed it heroically a couple movies back, has returned as Alice's hubby. Alice, meanwhile, is a hausfrau, busy in the kitchen, taking care of husband and daughter with no idea that zombies even exist. At least, no idea until they start chomping on Carlos. Again. Maybe he should think about changing his deodorant? That BBQ-fresh scent really doesn't seem to be doing it for him. He isn't the only one to make a comeback from beyond the veil, but he's the only one Alice slaps on the butt, the lucky stiff.

The trailer starts in a Prisoner-esque kind of way. Alice wakes up in a perfect little dream world, with the kid and the husband and the yadda yadda - what, no dog? Someone slipped up there - before undead naughtiness ensues. She really ought to have put some sunflowers out in the front garden [http://www.popcap.com/games/plants-vs-zombies/pc]; everyone knows you need at least one row of those, and preferably two, to keep your brains safe. Speaking of brains, there's meant to be a mind-blowing revelation in there somewhere, which will change the way - and so on, and forth. The countdown has begun!

Movie hype aside, this one looks like trashy fun, and will probably sell a lot of popcorn. Plus, Alice gets to travel across the globe in search of Umbrella's big bads, so there's a little Bond in there too, along with the Prisoner. Bringing back old favorites is sure to please fans who thought that the tough merc from the first movie was fun to watch, or who just like the look of Carlos. Plus, there's Jovovich beating on the undead and Umbrella with equal glee, which is half the corny fun of the franchise. This is probably the one to watch, if you've ever thought 'why did they kill that character off?' The answer is, they didn't.

Source: Kotaku [http://io9.com/5918446/new-trailer-for-resident-evil-retribution-turns-alice-into-a-housewife]

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
"Milla Jovovich - in 3D"

Didn't they use exactly the same tagline in the trailers for the latest Underworld?

Anyway, good grief how many of these things have there been now?

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
Its interesting to see more actual resident evil chars, as I did see Jill there (although it was resi 5 jilL), as well as I think ada wong. How long until we see leon kennedy?

Anyways, it looks like it will be alright, maybe about as meh as the last one, but I'll see it eventually.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
That. Looks. AWESOME!

Been a fan of the movies and games and Milla Jovovich for a while now and this seems to tick all the boxes. Can't wait.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Resident Evil? More like Imminent Dreeevil!
WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?!
Zombies man, they just won't fucking die till you shoot them in the head.

an acceptable alternative could have been : You cannot kill that which is already dead.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Resident Evil? More like Imminent Dreeevil!
WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?!
I warned you about shitty game-licensed movies bro!!!! I told you dog!

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Senor Smoke21 said:
8bitmaster said:
How long until we see leon kennedy?

At 1:50 if I'm not mistaken.
That's Leon Kennedy!!?[facepalm]

OT: Oh god, why can't these movies just die and stay dead? Seriously, in the movies now, the world is just a shrivelled up, post-apocalyptic husk, why does Umbrella still want to control it? There's nothing left to control, for f--k's sake!

And, personally, I wouldn't trust Paul WS Anderson to write a shopping list and direct traffic, let alone a movie...

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
Sometimes, i just want to watch schlock while mindlessly munching some brains.....Shit....i mean popcorn......yeah.....popcorn....

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
Kmadden2004 said:
Senor Smoke21 said:
8bitmaster said:
How long until we see leon kennedy?

At 1:50 if I'm not mistaken.
That's Leon Kennedy!!?[facepalm]

OT: Oh god, why can't these movies just die and stay dead? Seriously, in the movies now, the world is just a shrivelled up, post-apocalyptic husk, why does Umbrella still want to control it? There's nothing left to control, for f--k's sake!

And, personally, I wouldn't trust Paul WS Anderson to write a shopping list and direct traffic, let alone a movie...
I assume so from his clothes and... dat hair!
It looks like the overly camp iteration of Leon that these films would call for in my opinion. I could be mistaken, but they've managed to shoehorn every other character in there.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Yet another bastardization of the franchise. I was alright with the first, maybe the second, but after that it's just been out of hand.

I mean, the video game series as a whole has always been a little ridiculous, but this entire story of Alice has just played out like a terrible Mary Sue fanfiction where the characters we already know (and love?) just sit on the backburner.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
The story is f***ed by this point. It never had much resemblance with the games, and now it's even refusing to resemble it's own continuity.

But let's face it. You don't watch resi movies for the story.

They've always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It's silly, over the top, action, and half the fun is watching it try to take itself seriously. With this being an absurd "retcon EVERYTHING so we can have a best of resi flicks" kind of approach, it looks to be even more joyously silly than ever.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so I've watched every Resident Evil movie out so far, multiple times may I add, and I had no idea what the fuck was going on in that trailer.

Also, if that guy at 1:50 was supposed to be Leon, then I have to congratulate them on managing to get someone who looks like an even bigger douche than the video game character.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Senor Smoke21 said:
I could be mistaken, but they've managed to shoehorn every other character in there.
Yeah, pretty much this, except the ONE character that they didn't bring back is the one played by iain glen. I mean,

What. Da. Fuq?

They brought back all the shit and uninteresting characters, but they don't revive the best villian of the entire series(not that that's saying much)

Seriously, why no man with the golden voice???

Oh, yeah, right. Because he's too busy filming the next season of A Game of Thrones..... Keep on doing that, 'cos that is a much better use of his time.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Yeah, to me the story doesnt really make any sense anymore, but this is pure, mindless action zombiekilling fun. And odds are, I will enjoy it.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
I look forward to this film purely because it means we're one step closer to the end of that abomination of a franchise.

From the looks of it, it's still as shit as ever, and Alice continues to be one of the worst characters in movie history. I'll give them points for consistency.