Resident Evil: Retribution Trailer Resurrects Dead Cast

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
These movies are such shit. I watch them just to see how badly they can butcher what is left of RE.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
I feel the second movie was a surprising high point, after that though... This one looks better than Afterlife. Not that that's a compliment, it takes very little to be better than Afterlife. Although this one has Leon for them to completely fuck up, so there's that.

Senor Smoke21

May 23, 2008
vrbtny said:
Senor Smoke21 said:
I could be mistaken, but they've managed to shoehorn every other character in there.
Yeah, pretty much this, except the ONE character that they didn't bring back is the one played by iain glen. I mean,

What. Da. Fuq?

They brought back all the shit and uninteresting characters, but they don't revive the best villian of the entire series(not that that's saying much)

Seriously, why no man with the golden voice???

Oh, yeah, right. Because he's too busy filming the next season of A Game of Thrones..... Keep on doing that, 'cos that is a much better use of his time.
Oh shit yeah he's in the third one!
Yeah, keep to GoT Iain, much better use of your time. Fucking love me some Mormont!

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Oh great another movie made by a director with check-out-my-wife-syndrome. Paul W.S Anderson, Tim Burton and Judd Apatow (Although, he's more "Hey check out my family) has always sacrificed a bit too much of their movies so we can see that they have nice looking wives. I always found it sad.

Anyhow, I still don't care about this series.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
Wow... looks like shit. The first one just made me want to play one of the games instead and that was the best one. This looks like it has nothing to do with the games besides a few of the characters have similar names.

SirDerick

Nov 9, 2009
I watched "Resident:Evil: Afterlife" and for the entire duration of the film, me and my friend pretended that Albert Wesker was the good guy. Towards the end we had to keep making increasingly ridiculous reasons to justify his actions.
It was AMAZING! You should try it.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
I...am probably the only one who likes the movies AND the videogames.

NO! WAIT, WAIT! Don't stone me yet! I'll admit the movies were pretty nonsensical and Alice has nothing to do in the RE universe and that by now, it shouldn't even be called a RE movie if it wasn't for the character cameos and terms. Yes, I know all that. But like it's been said, I find them fun in a silly way. Some people like to watch Madagascar, even though you can kinda figure out what's gonna happen next. Some people like James Bond, even though you know he's gonna nail one chick and there's gonna be action scenes. Some people like Twilight because...of reasons. I enjoy watching RE as some sort of dumb fun. I'm not saying one is better than the other. I'm just saying...to each its own.
I know the plot doesn't make sense. I know Alice is just a walking alibi ("You can't kill me...because I have mind powers/I'm a clone/alternate reality/whatever!"). But I've seen worse. Much, much worse. And all in all, they must be doing at least fairly decent since there's already like 5 movies out already? That's 4 more than The Last Airbender, which wasn't THAT bad either but couldn't even manage to get a sequel (Disclaimer: I love Avatar).

One thing I hate, though, is when a trailer goes all "AND IT'S 3D! WHOOOOOO! CHIZ JUST GOT REAL!11!!1!". You always get a scene where some character throws something at someone else, they miss and said object keeps going until it "crashes" with the screen. We get it, it's 3D movie. It means it has those pwetty pop-up graphics.
I wouldn't mind 3D movies if they would stop planning movies around that feature. But I guess that's the way it works. I mean, developers certainly work that way when developing videogames...

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Senor Smoke21 said:
vrbtny said:
Senor Smoke21 said:
I could be mistaken, but they've managed to shoehorn every other character in there.
Yeah, pretty much this, except the ONE character that they didn't bring back is the one played by iain glen. I mean,

What. Da. Fuq?

They brought back all the shit and uninteresting characters, but they don't revive the best villian of the entire series(not that that's saying much)

Seriously, why no man with the golden voice???

Oh, yeah, right. Because he's too busy filming the next season of A Game of Thrones..... Keep on doing that, 'cos that is a much better use of his time.
Oh shit yeah he's in the third one!
Yeah, keep to GoT Iain, much better use of your time. Fucking love me some Mormont!
Exactly. Moar Mormont, or as I like to call him.

omnomnomnomnom

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
dint enjoy any of them. watched part 1 in the cinema and almost fell asleep. part 2, dont get me started. part 3 was more action then horror. watched part 4 in the cinema because i was curios about the 3D effects but the movie still sucked.
now this movie, doesnt look any better. i enjoy the underworld movies far more then these.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
These movies have significantly declined over the years. The worst bit was that they got ridiculously removed from the games. And it sucks because it's like saying that last at least 2 movies were a dream....

But, thank fucking god. They were so awful. This is the first time I have been happy they copped out on previous installments like they have in this case. I loved the games, pretty much all of them. I loved the first movie, and the second was ok because it was just kind of following the game progression. The last two were just terrible, though none of them are award winning material in my book.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
SirDerick said:
I watched "Resident:Evil: Afterlife" and for the entire duration of the film, me and my friend pretended that Albert Wesker was the good guy. Towards the end we had to keep making increasingly ridiculous reasons to justify his actions.
It was AMAZING! You should try it.
That sounds ridiculously fun. It's on for the next bad movie I watch.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Witty Name Here said:
So apparently Leon's actor has been named... Johann Urb.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Johann_Urb

I...

I'm not sure how to respond to this.

Just... Just look at his picture damnit! No offense to the man, but that looks pretty douchey.

Captcha: Steam Punk

Yeah, why can't we have more movies with a steampunk setting?
Looks Leon-y to me.
Well [http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuHfVqlznKt3rA0FbNYo5KHCKrnXmer60MXG6389kIGLbH24cmv0EeTkEE]...
Sorta [http://images.wikia.com/residentevil/es/images/b/be/855582re4-leon-s-kennedy-9.jpg]

And besides, Leon was always a Douchey looking pretty boy, It's his RE4 Personality that makes him a worthwhile character, not his design.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Hmm. I liked it better when Jensen Ackles was rumored to play Leon.

Anyway, I'm just glad to have Jill back in these films...unlike Claire >>