Uncharted: Drake's Misdirected Anger

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Hahaha, this one was actually pretty funny. And I never did notice how lightly Drake actually takes the shit he goes through, and all the murders he commits.

jebbo

Jul 17, 2009
Every time you center block text, God kills a kitten. And a dolphin. For the love of cheese left hand block that section under the comic, it make my eyes bleed.

OT: Drake is a massive douchebag. I haven't played past the first Uncharted purely for my dislike of the character

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
*singing*
I'm a sociopath and I'm ok,
I drink all night and I kill all day.

EDIT: That's a joke, BTW.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
"without feeling like a colossal wank-titan striding across the majestic masturbatory landscape of planet Palm "

Oh man, that made me laugh almost more than the comic.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Reminds me of GTA in a way.

"I WAS FRAMED. I DIDN'T KILL THAT ONE COP." /proceeds to murder the entire population of the city four times over for funsies. BUT STILL DIDN'T KILL THAT ONE COP.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Yeah, I always wonder how much more effective the Uncharted series would have been as a fighting game more akin to Arkham Asylum, so Drake is only beating people unconscious and breaking their limbs, not killing HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE!

I mean Batman is dark and macabre as hell yet he refuses to kill anyone, ever, even in the most extreme situations where any court in the world would agree it is justified self-defence to use lethal force.

Really Drake just needs a better reason for killing all these guys than "wow, sum cool treasure".

Think about how Indiana Jones did it that didn't even kill that many people:

OK, well it didn't SEEM like all that many. But with that huge kill count, the people who died were really bad, freaking nazis, cackling Hong Kong Gangsters or child slave drivers who made human sacrifices.

I always thought Uncharted series would have been better going up against some more evil Villains like Human Traffickers and Nate's girlfriend had been kidnapped and had to save her from a fate worse than death. Yeah, rapists would have to be over there with Nazis as "people you would struggle to care about brutally killing".

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
Don't drag the majestic and proud planet Palm into the monologue of your funny man picture books.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Z of the Na said:
canadamus_prime said:
*singing*
I'm a sociopath and I'm ok,
I drink all night and I kill all day.

EDIT: That's a joke, BTW.
Even with the edit, that still rhymed!
Oh yeah, it does too. That wasn't intentional. Well the first part was, prior to the Edit, because I based it on the Lumberjack Song, but the Edit wasn't intended to rhyme.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I've gotten use to the heroic sociopath cliche in games but there are still things that bug me in the difference between cutscene and gameplay, 1. Spontaneous mercy I killed hundreds of people on my way to you without a bat of the eye but now I'm gonna grow a heart because I learned his name 2. A character getting hurt in a cutscene for one hit when in gameplay he has enough lead in him to open up gun shop 3. A character doing anything badass in a cutscene that I can't do in gameplay.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
That?s pretty funny unlike you I do like drake but yeah this is one of the flaws with his character.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Cool lookin art this week,
Drake also looks like he would bite someones face of in the second last panel.
Standards have been up held while Cory's out to play.

Lex Darko

Aug 13, 2006
lord.jeff said:
I've gotten use to the heroic sociopath cliche in games but there are still things that bug me in the difference between cutscene and gameplay,

1. Spontaneous mercy I killed hundreds of people on my way to you without a bat of the eye but now I'm gonna grow a heart because I learned his name

2. A character getting hurt in a cutscene for one hit when in gameplay he has enough lead in him to open up gun shop

3. A character doing anything badass in a cutscene that I can't do in gameplay.
I can agree with that, but for me the Uncharted series is really guilty of this; because every other cutscene tries to show how pacifist and non-psychotic Drake is, but in game play I just broke into someone's legally owned warehouse and killed 20 of their guards unprovoked.

Apr 28, 2008
lord.jeff said:
I've gotten use to the heroic sociopath cliche in games but there are still things that bug me in the difference between cutscene and gameplay, 1. Spontaneous mercy I killed hundreds of people on my way to you without a bat of the eye but now I'm gonna grow a heart because I learned his name 2. A character getting hurt in a cutscene for one hit when in gameplay he has enough lead in him to open up gun shop 3. A character doing anything badass in a cutscene that I can't do in gameplay.
My favorite is when you beat the big bad in gameplay, then in the cutscene he beats you and runs off.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011

Nice to see my relatives are consistent anyway.

Did I tell you about the time my Uncle, Nick Drake, stole his ex wife's dead husbands identity for absolutely no reason.

:|

Descendants of Sir Francis Drake....messed up people.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
jebbo said:
Every time you center block text, God kills a kitten. And a dolphin. For the love of cheese left hand block that section under the comic, it make my eyes bleed.

OT: Drake is a massive douchebag. I haven't played past the first Uncharted purely for my dislike of the character
So I heard that you have issues with centered text
And I decided to make this post next

For every time you complain
You must know that there's one person who will aim
To do whatever they can to annoy you
Just for the jollies of making someone blue.​

OT: I've found that I don't usually make the connection between gameplay/cut-scene unless it's a game like Mass Effect. Though it does annoy me, like two previous posters said, when either the player's character does something badass during a cut-scene which I can't do while controlling them, or a Big Bad is destroyed in gameplay and then wrecks the player during a cut-scene. Cut-scene stupidity is one of the quickest ways to get me angry at a video game, and it just happens so often.