Glenn Beck Claims Murdered EVE Player Was CIA

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Glenn Beck Claims Murdered EVE Player Was CIA

Glenn Beck says Sean Smith's final message to EVE Online players was actually a coded rescue call to the Agency.

EVE Online player and U.S. Foreign Service Officer Sean "Vilerat" Smith, along with U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and security personnel Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, were killed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119552-Senior-EVE-Online-Community-Member-Killed-in-Libya-Riot] on September 11 in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Smith's death was of particular relevance to gamers due to his standing in the EVE Online community; his final message to the outside world actually went to his fellow EVE players.

But in Glenn Beck's world, that's not what happened at all. He believes Smith's final words were a coded call to the CIA for help, and that Smith himself was a CIA man, in Benghazi as part of a mission to cover up the Obama administration's involvement in the Libyan uprising.

The gist of Beck's story is that the U.S. government surreptitiously dropped weapons into Libya during the uprising against the Gaddafi regime, but with extremist forces moving in and Libya teetering on the edge of complete chaos, it needed to get those weapons out of the country before they fell into the wrong hands. That was why Stevens was in Benghazi: He brokered the original deal, Beck believes, and so he was sent in, with CIA handlers, to clean it up. And when things went wrong, Smith's final message was not a heads-up to his fellow gamers, but a coded call for assistance. The relevant bit:

"He noticed that they're watching all three [exits]. So what does he do? Nah, he doesn't call the White House, he doesn't call the State Department, he doesn't call the embassy in Tripoli. He goes to a gaming website. Which is the first thing I would do. I'm like, I gotta check with my pals on the gaming website. And he writes: "We're in Benghazi at a safehouse. If we get out of this one alive, I'll let you know. There are people watching all three exits." Gang... he's not telling his friendly gamers. He's a CIA agent. He is telling people - this is where we are, help us!"

Some people see Glenn Beck as a speaker of truth, while to others he's just all kinds of nuts. If you have the stomach for it, you can listen to the full bit at The Mittani's website [http://themittani.com/media/glenn-beck-goonswarm-cia-front] and then form your own opinion. The Mittani, for the record, denied that Goonswarm is a CIA front.

via: Gameranx [http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/9639/article/glenn-beck-thinks-eve-online-is-a-front-for-the-cia/]

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
" to cover up the Obama administration's involvement in the Libyan uprising."

Bit late for that. Obama made a freaking speech on national television of him committing fighter jets, bombers and other military support.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
I sincerely doubt that CIA protocol contains EVE as the standard way of contacting the Agency.

I mean, why not just send an email? Occam's Razor, Beck.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
The Mittani, for the record, denied that Goonswarm is a CIA front.
From what I know of EVE, I'd not be surprised if the CIA was a front for Goonswarm.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Glenn Beck? The guy who went so crazy Fox got rid of his show?
Yeah, this is bull. It would give me a laugh, if he wasn't useing a tragedy for his own agenda.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Treblaine said:
" to cover up the Obama administration's involvement in the Libyan uprising."

Bit late for that. Obama made a freaking speech on national television of him committing fighter jets, bombers and other military support.
This is probably the biggest reason to ignore this completely. Well, the biggest reason after the fact that it was Glenn Beck saying it. I'd say the man was certifiable if I didn't think he was pandering to people who are certifiable just to make money.

The Material Sheep

Nov 12, 2009
Just feels like laughing at Glenn Beck is like laughing at Bush. It's a joke that anyone can do and it's incredibly easy. Also old.

It's a joke that stupid people laugh at to make themselves feel smart, when in reality its a tired old and boring thing.

Glenn Beck being a disk jockey turned crazy conspiracy who rants and raves all over television? Well since I noticed he's crazy and made a point of it in a joke, I must be intelligent.

So once again I ask... why is this news? This is par for the course with the guy and he's better forgotten then anything else.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Beck probably also thinks James Bonds movies are actually documentaries. And that the Hall of Doom is very, very real

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Glenn Beck is an idiot and nothing he says has any value. But the idea that someone working in an embassy has CIA links is... very unsurprising? I thought it was basically acknowledges that diplomats are a polite version of a spy.

But saying it must be this person in particular and this message, it's complete utter rubbish and shouldn't be mentioned unless you have something actually behind it. Again the idea that the CIA were in some way involved with the uprisings isn't particularly out there, afterall we know that one of the major activities during the last 50 years of the CIA was trying to create political unrest and destabilise the regimes of unpopular leaders. But the idea that the USA was the instigator and that it wouldn't have happened without the CIA is so frickin' arrogant and disrespectful to all those people who gave their lives during these events. It doens't need to be a conspiracy or coverup and claiming that the people you don't like are constantly engaged in conspiracies and coverups is the sign that you've gone the wrong side of the mental horizon

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Glenn Beck has never done the GOP any favors. What a madman.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Yes, Beck may have said that. But the real question is:

Did Beck rape and murder a little girl?

itsthesheppy

Mar 28, 2012
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Yes, Beck may have said that. But the real question is:

Did Beck rape and murder a little girl?
you're just asking questions! you're not accusing Glenn Beck of raping and murdering a little girl in a satanic ritual. All you're asking is, is it true?