Ultimate Sith DLC Trailer Released

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Ultimate Sith DLC Trailer Released

The bounty of Comic-Con continues with a trailer for the new Force Unleashed DLC.

Before we go any further, I should probably say that they are likely to be spoilers ahead, so if you haven't played Force Unleashed, you might want to skip this.

[gametrailers=53017]

Have they gone? Great, now we can talk. As you probably already know, Force Unleashed had two endings, one light side and one dark side. The new DLC focuses on the dark side ending, where Lord Vader lies slain, and the Secret Apprentice is the Emperor's assassin, and explored what the Star Wars canon would be like if Starkiller had replace Darth Vader.

Emperor Palpatine's terrible voice acting aside, the trailer looks pretty cool, with Starkiller beating the snot out of Obi Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker, but it's a little misleading as the Hoth stuff is part of a special retail edition of the game. Whether or not it will be released via Xbox Live and PSN remains to be seen.

Source: MCV UK [http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35154/Force-Unleashed-Ultimate-Sith-Edition-revealed]

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Tenmar said:
I gotta say, that is probably the longest time a company took to create some DLC for their game. Couldn't they make a whole new game instead?
I have to agree, although the DLC looks kind of cool and I might get it, which is good enough for me.

Aiden Rebirth

Nov 19, 2008
They are destroying this universe. The story in the game was stupid but fine, but in the evil ending, the rebel leaders where destroyed, so none of the events show in the trailer would have happened like they did, basically the're throwing continuity out the window. Really they should have an alternate chain of events, and timeline.

Fiskmasen

Apr 6, 2008
Aiden Rebirth said:
They are destroying this universe. The story in the game was stupid but fine, but in the evil ending, the rebel leaders where destroyed, so none of the events show in the trailer would have happened like they did, basically the're throwing continuity out the window. Really they should have an alternate chain of events, and timeline.
It's a game. More precisely a "what if?"-game. Don't take it so seriously.

Curtmiester

Jan 13, 2009
Wait. There were two endings? I played the Wii version (har har) so did I miss something?

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Fiskmasen said:
Aiden Rebirth said:
It's a game. More precisely a "what if?"-game. Don't take it so seriously.
I think he's saying that the game doesn't even keep to it's own "what if time line" it's very unusual to have a game based on one set of events (dark side ending) then ignore something vital (death of rebel leaders)

EDIT; Can't believe he used the line "finish him". Also starkiller seems to have three light sabres including the one in his hands; either trophies of there's going to be some General Grievous stuff about to go down

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Curtmiester said:
Wait. There were two endings? I played the Wii version (har har) so did I miss something?
I played the wii too, and at the end when you have to fight the emperor you have the option to attack Rohm Kota and be evil.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Just saw this on TV.
Yeah, I'm going to get it, and yeah I'm probably going to like it. The wampa thing seems a little odd to me...

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Radeonx said:
Curtmiester said:
I played the wii too, and at the end when you have to fight the emperor you have the option to attack Rohm Kota and be evil.
on the 360 version you can fight "palpz" and be good or go and kill vader and be evil.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Kuchinawa212 said:
Radeonx said:
Curtmiester said:
on the 360 version you can fight "palpz" and be good or go and kill vader and be evil.
Shit! I didn't know you could kill Vader. Too bad I sold this.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
sheic99 said:
Kuchinawa212 said:
Radeonx said:
Curtmiester said:
Shit! I didn't know you could kill Vader. Too bad I sold this.
Oh sure. You just destroy him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_WA0vo_YaE

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3196-The-Force-Unleashed-DLC-Inbound--Special-Edition-Available-in-Autumn-Too.html

According to this artice thing may not be as bright as it seems. If you bought the game way back when you will need to rebuy it to get the sweet mission. WTF are they thinking?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Could be cool, whether it's worth buying it or not depends on the final price of the DLC when it's released.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Wow that looks really cool and it looks like a dlc for the game that might be worth buying. However it better be cheap after how short the campaign was.
P.S. I didn't think Palpatine's voice acting was that bad.

Marv21

Jan 1, 2009
Hey at least they are trying something new, and this looks enjoyable...but that brings a good point! If all the rebel leaders were destroyed then why would there be a rebellion...I can understand Jaba the Hutt etc. he has not afiliations with the Rebel alliance and sometimes chooses to act against them, however the possibility that Obi-Wan would reforge the rebel alliance is still strong...however this fits well because he served as a general during the Clone Wars...most successfully I might add and he has troop leading experience BUT! How would he raise an army...hes a good general, not a army recruiter!

But fighting Luke Skywalker....hrmmmmmmmmm I would say that Luke is definitely out of his League here, Yahtzee had a point Starkiller can grip a STAR DESTROYER and pull it out of orbit in about 2-3 minutes give or take...while Luke Skywalker can barely pull a lightsaber to him in 15-20 seconds....and also this is BEFORE his training with Yoda!