Ultimate Sith DLC Trailer Released

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
I'll so be picking this up. Even if it does come with some odd, er, qualifications (you have to rebuy the game? lolwut?).

Starkiller just looks cool, and I'll totally pay to be able to be able to play out this story.

Or I'll watch it on the Youtube. Whichever.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Radeonx said:
Curtmiester said:
Wait. There were two endings? I played the Wii version (har har) so did I miss something?
I played the wii too, and at the end when you have to fight the emperor you have the option to attack Rohm Kota and be evil.
No no no no no. The decision is that you either save Kota, or you go and finish-off Vader while he's still weak.

Saving Kota results in you fighting-off the Emperor and allows the rebel leaders to escape. The secret apprentice dies in a huge Force-related explosion, but the Rebellion is able to be formed and theoretically this is the actual canonical way the story goes.
If you go and finish-off Vader, then the Emperor kills Kota. Starkiller still tries to save the rebels, but since the Emperor is at full power, he prevents their escape and the resulting fight is that the Rogue Shadow gets dropped on Starkiller. The Emperor then rebuilds him as his personal assassin, and hence the story that the DLC will continue.
Of course, those are very cut-and-dry explanations that leave-out a number of details. In any case, some DLC looks to be interesting. And in response to...
Tenmar said:
I gotta say, that is probably the longest time a company took to create some DLC for their game. Couldn't they make a whole new game instead?
Who said that there will be enough levels to justify it as a full sequel? Besides, why go through the production costs to make a whole new game when you can just release a downloaded expansion? That's a lot of discs and cases that they don't have to pay for. As for people who don't yet own Force Unleashed but are interested in this DLC, the game is probably $20 by now and even with the cost of the DLC included, it'll still be less than the original price of $60 for the over-all package.

GoldenShadow

May 13, 2008
1. Whats all this talk about DLC? The last thing I saw updated on PSN was the Jedi temple DLC which came out a long time ago. And it was horrible, too difficult, with a lot of technical problems causing slow framerates.

2. Continuing the story in an alternate timeline is awesome. From what I understand the first part you get to go to Tattooine, and the 2nd part you go to Hoth. The first part will be downloadable, but the 2nd part will only be available if you re-purchase the re-release version of the force Unleashed packed with all the DLCs to date.. WHY? God damnit, I already wasted 60 dollars for the game+10 dollars for that Jedi Temple DLC which I hate. I'd be willing to buy the new DLC that continue the story, but I won't buy the whole game again.

So is that DLC where you go to Tattooine already out or what? I'm confused.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
squid5580 said:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3196-The-Force-Unleashed-DLC-Inbound--Special-Edition-Available-in-Autumn-Too.html

According to this artice thing may not be as bright as it seems. If you bought the game way back when you will need to rebuy it to get the sweet mission. WTF are they thinking?
seriously, if that's right, fuck Lucas Arts forever

fuck them. I won't buy another Lucas anything item if that's true.

I won't support a company that would screw a former fan not only by releasing a pretty boring and buggy game (which I pre-ordered MONTHS AND MONTHS in advance), and then in order to play the "new mission where you fight Luke Skywalker" I have to go out and buy it again? no

fuck that, and fuck lucas arts.

Never again.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Altorin said:
squid5580 said:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-3196-The-Force-Unleashed-DLC-Inbound--Special-Edition-Available-in-Autumn-Too.html

According to this artice thing may not be as bright as it seems. If you bought the game way back when you will need to rebuy it to get the sweet mission. WTF are they thinking?
seriously, if that's right, fuck Lucas Arts forever

fuck them. I won't buy another Lucas anything item if that's true.

I won't support a company that would screw a former fan not only by releasing a pretty boring and buggy game (which I pre-ordered MONTHS AND MONTHS in advance), and then in order to play the "new mission where you fight Luke Skywalker" I have to go out and buy it again? no

fuck that, and fuck lucas arts.

Never again.
You said it. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Wait, so because I actually bought the game when it came out, like they wanted me too, I cannot play the Hoth mission without rebuying it?

...way to punish your fans guys.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
SuperMse said:
Wait, so because I actually bought the game when it came out, like they wanted me too, I cannot play the Hoth mission without rebuying it?

There is a chance they misunderstood or Lucasarts hasn't released all the facts. It wouldn't be the first time a website got thier facts wrong or jumped the gun. If there is a new development they will post it. They are really good for that. If that is truly the case I will flip them off right back.

Did they ever patch it btw? I wouldn't mind renting it and trying it again they way it was meant to be. Not the rushed out the door version. I got a full refund for my copy. I took it back and told them it was broken.

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
SuperMse said:

If this is true, then FUCK YOU LUCASARTS! If not, then, this does look pretty cool. Still, if I have to buy a game I already own...FUCK YOU.

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
I must say, this new DLC might have just persuaded me to get the game, which aint bad because the game would be cheaper now. Also, that was a bad ass trailer. With this game, gameplay aint the best, but the story kicked ass.

Woem

May 28, 2009
I have to agree that the voice acting is horrible, especially compared with the amazing voice-overs conversations we've heard from The Old Republic where each NPC is fully voiced. And now they can't get even the narrator right?

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Fiskmasen said:
Aiden Rebirth said:
They are destroying this universe. The story in the game was stupid but fine, but in the evil ending, the rebel leaders where destroyed, so none of the events show in the trailer would have happened like they did, basically the're throwing continuity out the window. Really they should have an alternate chain of events, and timeline.
It's a game. More precisely a "what if?"-game. Don't take it so seriously.
Yes, and its a game where you get to BEAT THE SH*T OUT OF LUKE. SO DONT F*CKING ARGUE.

With that aside, im probably gonna get this DLC. I enjoyed the force unleashed a ton, and something like this is a good way to get some more play out of it.