Harrison Ford Will Return as Han Solo in Episode 7

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Harrison Ford Will Return as Han Solo in Episode 7

Everyone's favorite nerf herder is making a return to the silver screen.

Star Wars fans, brace yourselves. It seems that the dashing good looks and adorable antics of one Han Solo will once again grace theaters nationwide as it has been announced today that Harrison Ford is set to reprise his role for the upcoming seventh episode in the Star Wars saga.

According to early reports, when asked about returning to the series Ford remained hesitant, but the recent news that J.J. Abrams was attached to the project appears to have swayed him. The news was revealed on Fox News Latino by renowned scoop-snatcher "El Mayimbe," a well-known source of early entertainment details, having broken news regarding films such as Spider-Man and The Dark Knight.

No details have been revealed regarding what type of role Han Solo will play in the actual film itself, but given Ford's age, it's hard to imagine him jumping and dodging like he did in the original trilogy. Then again, he did recently survive a nuclear blast [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/reel-physics/6780-Indiana-Jones-4-Crystal-Skull-Nuking-the-Fridge], so anything's possible.

Source: Latino Review [http://latino-review.com/2013/02/15/exclusive-harrison-ford-return-han-solo-star-wars-episode-vii/]

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
One down, four to go...

By that I mean Luke, Leia, Lando, and 3PO. Everyone else who might show up in the version of episode 7 that I want to see is minor enough that they can be replaced with a look-alike, wears a costume, or is dead.

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
He's the smuggler who made the bathroom run in less than 12 parsecs.
You win. Might as well shut the forums down now, there's no topping this one.

If I had to guess, I'd probably say it would just be a cameo, but who knows, stranger things have happened!

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
I've never heard of Latino Review. Are they a reliable source?

P.S. Thanks

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
Chessrook44 said:
One down, four to go...

By that I mean Luke, Leia, Lando, and 3PO. Everyone else who might show up in the version of episode 7 that I want to see is minor enough that they can be replaced with a look-alike, wears a costume, or is dead.
Mark Hamill's still working pretty regularly, albeit mostly as a voice actor, so he's a definite possibility if that's the direction they're going

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
Covarr said:
I've never heard of Latino Review. Are they a reliable source?

P.S. Thanks
Not 100% sure myself, as I've only seen a few of his videos, but MovieBob seems to vouch for him.

OT: Not sure if want.
I guess if he makes a cameo as a retired smuggler or something a guess it cant be that bad, right? RIGHT???

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Why?! We already had to see Indiana Jones turn into a washed up old man, why Han too? Han Solo is one of the few things from the original trilogy that George Lucas barely managed to ruin. Sure there was some bullshit with Greedo but Han Solo was cool enough to make up for that. Now he's in diapers. Well done Disney.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
han marries leia and does what in the EU? i know they have kids. beyond that i know jack squat about that side of sw.

being that he married a princess he probably be more administrative than smuggler anymore, or he is a old leader at this point with all his natural leader ability. no reason to try and shoehorn a 60 year old ford into an action role, it did not work for ST and TNG movies. did not work for the latest indy movie.

love to see hamill return as luke, he basically became a god in the EU, master of dark and light jedi powers became sith and returned etc. not a huge role but getting the old gang back together would be a nice nod to tie things together as long as it is done well.

Mark D. Stroyer

Apr 12, 2011
Let's be fair, here. This is Harrison Ford we're talking about. Harrison Ford is awesome. ...Even if he can't get good roles of late. Still!

I'm getting a lot of flashing back to Extended Universe stuff where the old Trilogy Team really do grow older and still have galaxy-wide crises to deal with, buuuut...

Han Solo is definitely the one character one would likely see apart from the rest, (okay, probably with Chewie) but the justification for it might lean too dark for Disney, depending on which direction they take this.

The prospects for Star Wars still look fairly grim, since every announcement seems to just be a lot of 'getting the team back together' stuff.

...Wouldn't it have been so much better if they had done this for the last round of Star Wars movies, rather than this one?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
And this is the absolute guarantee I will NEVER watch this. Sure it being tied to Disney was virtually the death knell but there is absolutely no way to salvage after willingly returning the single worst and most over hyped character in history.

I could forgive trying to bring back Vader some how. I could almost forgive it being tied to the house of mouse, but for me personally there is nothing that can undo this and as such not only will Disney not see my money from ticket sales, No organization will be it Home media, Redbox/blockbuster/Amazon, or even used copies and if I had any means of more power to adversely effect this there would be practically nothing I would not be willing to consider.

Now, with that said. This is my OPINION. I am simply stating it. If you wish to agree, wünderbar. If you wish to disagree, you are entitled to such but we will have to agree to disagree, because I am not going to argue or even discuss opinion. So no need to quote because I wont be engaging in such.

Edit: Sorry for the coarseness and saying never. I guess if it was decided to Kill off solo within the first 5 min of his screen time in the absolutely most demeaning and humiliatingly pathetic way possible, I might consider forgiving. But they would not be bringing Solo back for anything OTHER than pandering to rabid fans and everyone knows it.

Ed.

Jan 14, 2010
cerebus23 said:
han marries leia and does what in the EU? i know they have kids. beyond that i know jack squat about that side of sw.

being that he married a princess he probably be more administrative than smuggler anymore, or he is a old leader at this point with all his natural leader ability. no reason to try and shoehorn a 60 year old ford into an action role, it did not work for ST and TNG movies. did not work for the latest indy movie.

love to see hamill return as luke, he basically became a god in the EU, master of dark and light jedi powers became sith and returned etc. not a huge role but getting the old gang back together would be a nice nod to tie things together as long as it is done well.
Han is a general in the new republic but he does lots of stuff revolving around his old contacts him and chewie fly around making shady deals out running star destroyers and stuff.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Zombie_Moogle said:
Chessrook44 said:
One down, four to go...

Mark Hamill's still working pretty regularly, albeit mostly as a voice actor, so he's a definite possibility if that's the direction they're going
Mark does not look good for his age though and neither does Carrie Fisher. Though this is a movie and make-up can work miracles. Things would have to be pretty far-flung in to the future to make these people, including Ford, fit.

Personally, I don't think they should be in the movies at all out-side of maybe very brief cameos that don't even acknowledge who they are. Let a new generation of actors shine instead of focusing on the old guard... And pray the script isn't garbage this time.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
viranimus said:
And this is the absolute guarantee I will NEVER watch this. Sure it being tied to Disney was virtually the death knell but there is absolutely no way to salvage after willingly returning the single worst and most over hyped character in history.
I don't believe you. I think not only will you see it regardless of this, but you'll see it twice.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Oh, no. Nononononononono!

I need a freakin' drink now. They're gonna piss all over what's good and holy, you just know it!

...has Leeland Chee already jumped off some roof, by the way?