We're Done Here

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
There's a time and a place for everything. Especially for walking away.

...And it's my ball!

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
No, it's my ball! I'm telling mum on you!

Also, that beard and glasses combo... The hipster is strong in this one..

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
Some folks can be problematic to talk with IRC, and the best choice is to walk away to let things cool down.

And if its the internet? Who cares what others think of you (except when they do care. It's complicated)

Eppy (Bored)

Crazed Organist
Jan 7, 2009
Erin doesn't look at explosions [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo]

Also: OMG BABY ERIN ADORABLE. <3

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Phrases like like this (alongside "discussion over", "I'm done with you", etc.) always amused me
I always considered that they mean "I'm too stupid/ignorant to continue this discussion and too proud to admit it"

Some may say that they can also mean "I don't have time for this", but I disagree
"I don't have time for this" usually is the phrase that means "I don't have time for this" ;)

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
I fairness, Little Erin looks like she could do a lot of damage if she wanted to.

Hell, maybe it's for the best she walks away. In a huff. With her ball.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Daystar Clarion said:
It's okay, that guy is a hipster, he probably deserved it.
I was about to say the same thing. Is it wrong of me to want to punch that guy? He's got such a punchable face.

Dec 14, 2009
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I was about to say the same thing. Is it wrong of me to want to punch that guy? He's got such a punchable face.
So punchable.

With his hipster glasses and his hipster facial hair.

So very, very punchable.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Fappy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
See, I was going to say "Yes, it is wrong" because he has a fantastic moustache, but now that you've pointed it out, I kinda want to punch it too.

OT: Also it makes me laugh whenever I see some version of "We're done here" whether it be here or on other places. For the most part, you've just admitted you were too stupid to continue discussing the topic, and were idiotic for arguing in the first place.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Thats what happens with the 140 character limit. Everyone thinks their some great comedian or nihilistic misanthrope

nihilistic misanthrope... /vomit

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
blackrave said:
Phrases like like this (alongside "discussion over", "I'm done with you", etc.) always amused me
I always considered that they mean "I'm too stupid/ignorant to continue this discussion and too proud to admit it"

Some may say that they can also mean "I don't have time for this", but I disagree
"I don't have time for this" usually is the phrase that means "I don't have time for this" ;)
Actually, it often means "The potential rewards I estimate might come from this discussion are nowhere near the time/energy investment needed to continue it. As a result, I'm terminating it and moving to a more productive and/or satisfying activity.". Just because someone doesn't want to continue talking with you doesn't mean you've "won" or whatever, it might just mean you're being a prick and they don't want to waste energy on you...

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Jandau said:
Actually, it often means "The potential rewards I estimate might come from this discussion are nowhere near the time/energy investment needed to continue it. As a result, I'm terminating it and moving to a more productive and/or satisfying activity.". Just because someone doesn't want to continue talking with you doesn't mean you've "won" or whatever, it might just mean you're being a prick and they don't want to waste energy on you...
"Reward"?
There is a reward?
Man, I must have been doing discussions wrong :/

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Ha jokes on them. I still got my own balls to play with :p
Fixed that for you dear!

Liked the strip, the cool look thing never really works in real life, does it?

Sean Deli

May 11, 2011
blackrave said:
Jandau said:
Actually, it often means "The potential rewards I estimate might come from this discussion are nowhere near the time/energy investment needed to continue it.
Also known as "Any discussion on the Internet ever"