261: Loaded and Ready to Run

Nick Halme

Feb 27, 2009
Loaded and Ready to Run

LoadingReadyRun has been creating comedy since before this console generation began and YouTube was a twinkle in anyone's eye. Nick Halme travelled to Victoria, British Columbia to visit with Graham, Paul and the rest of the gang to find out just what makes the LRR comedy factory work.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Ohh...I'm so jealous of you right now.

They do good work, I discovered them shortly before Unskippable, maybe 2-3 months, through the "Halo: Future of Gaming" video. Soon after, I'd gone through most of the epically long archive of videos. If it's that long to watch, I can only imagine the effort put forth in making all of them.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats so epic. Would love to meet the LRR guys!

Love they do, and, I am so glad they came to the escapist so I could discover the comedy genius with is LRR.

Ive made a point to go through alot of the back catalogue of vids they have done, and, I have always being throughly impressed with the humour...and, the way alot harks back to old british comedy, some to american, and what not.

Great collections, and, LRR, comedy for everyone

ThrashJazzAssassin

Jan 5, 2010
Good article, and interesting even to someone who already knows quite a lot about LRR.

I would like to reiterate something about LRR's history which was touched on in the article and which has had a positive influence on my life: it's surprising how much talent and creativity everyone has, and how much interest other people will take in it, if they just go ahead and do it. If you have a creative idea of any kind you should make it happen - without worrying about whether it's good enough or whether it's worth the effort - and keep on doing it as much as possible, because that's the way to get good enough to make it worth the effort.

The LRR crew are a bunch of ordinary guys who started out small, but kept on actually making videos on a weekly basis, constantly improving as a result of the experience it gave them. This has been very inspirational to me in my own creative projects; as a result of LRR's positive example, despite my incorrigible laziness, I have now made progress writing scripts for a hitherto nebulous webcomic idea and I am myself part of a sketch comedy group, as well as dabbling in a whole load of lesser projects.

Coalhada

Feb 6, 2009
I first knew LRR moments (ok, a few weeks) before they started Unskippable here, and I gotta say it really feels like these people are the kind of friends any gamer would want. When I listen to their podcasts, feels like I'm in the conversation. It's really fun!

Props to LRR. You're awesome! =D

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Nick Halme said:
Loaded and Ready to Run

LoadingReadyRun has been creating comedy since before this console generation began and YouTube was a twinkle in anyone's eye. Nick Halme travelled to Victoria, British Columbia to visit with Graham, Paul and the rest of the gang to find out just what makes the LRR comedy factory work.

Read Full Article
Very good article, but on the note of ranking the hats like that, which hat was at the end of silliness? :D

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
therandombear said:
Nick Halme said:
Loaded and Ready to Run

Read Full Article
Very good article, but on the note of ranking the hats like that, which hat was at the end of silliness? :D
Unless they have a pope hat, I'm banking on the fuzzy green pimp-Seuss.

secretshadow90

Feb 10, 2009
It's really neat to hear about LRR from someone outside the group to confirm what I already believed: They're awesome. I had heard the LRR name being throw around for a while and might have seen a few of their videos, but I really discovered them during Desert Bus for Hope '08. Desert Bus was the perfect way to be introduced to their sense of humor and how caring and nice they are as well. I've recently started going through all their content on the site, and I mean everything including the normal LRR videos to Commodore Hustle to the Iron Stomach Champions. They even have Inside the Moon, a live broadcast on Fridays, so it's a wonder any of them have time to sleep at all. These guys are my heros and have inspired me to take the first steps toward my own little project with my friend and I can't wait to talk to them again at Desert Bus 2010.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
See, Graham's previous job is dangerous for someone with a comedic bent. I could just see him calling the guy up "Hi, this is Crook of Crooks and Assholes. I just recieved your payment and there is a slight discrepancy. See, my lunch break costs $13 more than you thought it did. If you could send the ballance over that would be wonderful, thanks."

It just seems like the first thing that would run through my head.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I remember seeing their videos for the first time the first one was buttstallation and i was laughing so hard and just had to watch one more then it turned into being up at three in the morning having to go to school at eight. They are my favourite group of people online and have tried to get friends to watch but they are knobs and said yeah i will and never do.
I am shocked that they have not been driven insane from all the work Graham and Paul have done specifically (or is it disguised very well it is hard to tell).

EnigmaHarper

Jul 22, 2009
I was cautious when clicking the article as I did not know what to expect, but when it loaded as an article all about LRR, I was estatic. I love these guys, they are so funny.

Thank you for the insightful article.

Mister Swift

Disingenuously asserting.
Jan 27, 2010
I throughly enjoy watching LRR videos, and I throughly enjoyed read this article.

smartmoose

Genre Wars Winner
Feb 17, 2009
This is just a small thing but you said that Graham and Paul won the 2009 Film Festival but I'm certain that the festival they won was in 2008.

dragontiers

The Temporally Displaced
Feb 26, 2009
I think Kathleen's comment there at the end is exactly why I like LRR so much. Everyone in any of their videos is exactly the type of person I'd love to sit down, hang out with, and maybe grab a beer. I can't think of any better way to explain it than they're my kind of people. It's great, especially after spending an awkward week with family for a wedding, to come home and watch their skits. It makes me feel like I just spent some quality time with close friends. Maybe that's kind of weird, but I like it.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
You're so lucky. I love LRR so much; they all seem like really cool, down-to-earth people. It would be really cool to hang out with them.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
I've always wanted to meet the LRR guys, all of them seem so damn awesome. You're a lucky one.

I always thought that there had to be some effort in making a new video for LRR, but not that much. And the only thing other than LRR that Paul is doing is sleeping?
It seems like he sleeps a while when he first sleeps though. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1812-Ways-to-Wake-Someone-Up]

I so want to go to Canada to meet those people!

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
I hope I get to meet the crew someday, that's really something I'd look forward to...

Great article Nick.