What We Want

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I'm not entirely sure I get but I found it funny anyway.
Also I think this might be mis-filed (at time of typing filed under conferences)

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
PC as vehicle for player = punchline?

It's true, I like to escape and put myself into game worlds to get away from the boring monotony of my daily life. Sue me.

Edit: Oh, 3rd panel exists. That probably changes the punchline. Pity I haven't seen Citizen Cane, otherwise I'd probably get it.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Oh wow.
I was only seeing up to the second frame, I thought that was supposed to be the joke. I felt dumb for not getting it but now I can feel smart again.

Also three captchas in a row seriously?

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Desert Punk said:
HAH! THat was awesome

And for those who are getting the same error as I am heres the punchline:

Love the cardboard cut out in the last frame, thats fucking perfect.
Thank you. I didn't even notice the third panel because it was completely obscured by ads and links on the right side of the page. I honestly thought that it was just two panels and I really wasn't seeing what was supposed to be funny here.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
So all we want is ultra violence? Is that the joke? Also what's with the Invisible Man?
He's a suit (read:
Slang for a businessman or any authority figure that wears a suit, e.g. manager, boss, supervisor.) And the actual punchline is in the third panel that's obscured by links and such.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Well, knowing usual trends in gaming industry that comic is closer to the truth than one might think.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Oh right... I thought it was a jab at the fact that players want to mirror themselves into the game-world, but since they have bland, banal and uninspiring personalities the games will suck either way. The original punchline is better.. [small]and not as depressing[/small]

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Actually The Last of Us reminds me more of No Country for Old Men or True Grit.
canadamus_prime said:
So all we want is ultra violence? Is that the joke? Also what's with the Invisible Man?
It's about the gaming world's obsession with searching for the Citizen Kane equivalent of gaming, so as to finally be deemed worthy by the rest of society.

At least, that's what I got from it.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Actually The Last of Us reminds me more of No Country for Old Men or True Grit.
canadamus_prime said:
It's about the gaming world's obsession with searching for the Citizen Kane equivalent of gaming, so as to finally be deemed worthy by the rest of society.

At least, that's what I got from it.
Really? Was Citizen Kane really that good? I don't know I've never seen it.