Wonderful 101 Intro Seems Appropriately Heroic

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Wonderful 101 Intro Seems Appropriately Heroic

Platinum Games has served up new footage of The Wonderful 101 which includes the game's superheroic introduction.

The Wonderful 101 is what developer Platinum Games describes as a "mass-hero action" game. Put plainly, that means the game gives players control of a squad of superheroes who are then free to protect average citizens from whatever threats that might appear. Like, say, a train barrelling toward a school full of adorable, likely precocious children.

That description, while intriguing, wouldn't be enough to entirely sell us on the Wii U-exclusive Wonderful 101, but since this is yet another Platinum Games joint, we're contractually obligated to be excited. Bayonetta stands as one of the most creative, engaging action games ever created, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was the most gleefully entertaining exploration of Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear universe since that time Solid Snake fought a cave demon [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHKHKR8x6A&list=PLC289CF5C8B77D18E]. Point being: Platinum makes games that other developers either won't or simply can't, and even when flawed they always offer at least a few hours of glorious spectacle. Based purely on this intro footage, that looks to be a trend that Wonderful 101 will continue.

The Wonderful 101 is currently scheduled to debut on the Wii U on September 15, 2013.

Source: YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zk6a0aW1Vco]

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
[HEADING=1]Platinum Hype![/HEADING]

As you may be able to tell from my avatar, and that statement, I'm rather excited about this. :D

Bring on September 15th!

Dec 14, 2009
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Awwww yeah, GOTY :D

So hyped for this game, nobody does it like Platinum.
Daystar, congratulations. You were getting Pikmin 3 already weren't you? Get the eShop version, and you get W101 for 30% off. Spread the word. A deal this good should be getting shouted from the rooftops.
How much are prices on the e-shop? Because I get WiiU games for like £32 anyway :D

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Seriously people. It's one of the most creative looking games the industry has seen in years, and Nintendo is letting us get it for 30-40% off. If this game doesn't sell, then I give up. I really, really do.
Ah, but you forget jeffers, this game has the Clover/Platinum curse. So it'll be brilliant for those of us that play it. All 5 of us.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Seriously people. It's one of the most creative looking games the industry has seen in years, and Nintendo is letting us get it for 30-40% off. If this game doesn't sell, then I give up. I really, really do.
Ah, but you forget jeffers, this game has the Clover/Platinum curse. So it'll be brilliant for those of us that play it. All 5 of us.
Make that 6 my friend as I've supported Clover by buying their games in the past. Hell I got a bunch of people into other Clover games too. ^.^

OT: I'd of bought a Wii U this month, but sadly I couldn't because I have to give my parents money...again...>.>

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
This looks strangely appealing but that voice acting..... it ruins everything!

Kinda reminds me of Viewtiful Joe.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
james.sponge said:
This looks strangely appealing but that voice acting..... it ruins everything!

Kinda reminds me of Viewtiful Joe.
Exactly what I was going to say, probably that he's a big headed red super hero with a pink scarf, also Platinum was formed by people that used to work at Clover, right?

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
... why are people so interested for this game? It... doesn't seem that good...

Am I missing something?

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
CharrHearted said:
... why are people so interested for this game? It... doesn't seem that good...

Am I missing something?
People are interested in it because they think it's interesting.

That's pretty much it.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I swear, I think that's Gideon Emery narrating (i.e. Gaius from Fire Emblem: Awakening and Sam in Vanquish). Looks sweet so far.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
At first I had little interest in this game, but every new promotional trailer, demo etc. making me more excited for it. I say, bring it on already!!!