Humble Origin Bundle Adds Two More Games

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Humble Origin Bundle Adds Two More Games

The Humble Origin Bundle has raised over $8 million for charity, so EA decided to kick in a couple of extra games including one seriously old-time classic.

The Humble Origin Bundle is a pretty sweet deal by any measure. Rolled out last week, it offers Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Mirror's Edge, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3, The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Starter Pack, all for about five bucks. Better yet, EA isn't keeping a dime, as all money raised is going to charity and the Humble Bundle. It came out of the gates fast, raising over $5 million in less than two days, and now the deal is even sweeter.

On top of all the gaming goodness already in the Humble Origin Bundle, paying more than the average will now net you the clunkily-named standalone expansion Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising and the old Bullfrog classic Populous, the granddaddy of god games. Uprising will be offered via Steam key as well as through Origin, while Populous will be supplied exclusively through Origin. As always, people who have already purchased the bundle at more than the average price will get the two new games automatically.

The Humble Origin Bundle is now past the $8.2 million mark, bringing the total amount of money raised for charity by the Humble Bundle and the gamers who support them to more than $20 million. That's an awful lot of good for some very good causes.

There's still almost six days left on the Humble Origin Bundle clock and the "get it all" average price remains well under five bucks. If you haven't picked it up already, humblebundle.com [https://www.humblebundle.com/] is the place you want to be.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I would have preferred they added something like Dragon Age 2. As it stands, neither game really holds any appeal for me. Oh well, I only really bought the bundle for Crysis 2 anyway.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Uprising was a great expansion if you like single player content!

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Suhweeet.

Having never played a Command and Conquer game before, and knowing nothing of this one in particular, I hope it can make me a fan.

Also, addendum to the article:

Andy Chalk said:
As always, people who have already purchased the bundle at more than the average price will get the two new games automatically.
I payed less than the average and now have both the new games.

Sep 14, 2009
Easton Dark said:
Suhweeet.

Having never played a Command and Conquer game before, and knowing nothing of this one in particular, I hope it can make me a fan.

Also, addendum to the article:

Andy Chalk said:
As always, people who have already purchased the bundle at more than the average price will get the two new games automatically.
I payed less than the average and now have both the new games.
did you pay more than the average at the time? the average fluctuated alot originally, and I think i've had that happen before when i was above the average of time of purchase rather than when the bundle was added upon.

OT: free games is free, can't compain about getting a couple extras

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
So it's official now that Dead Space 2 won't be a part of it. Aw. Too bad. Well, maybe it'll be on sale one of these days. Is it Origin-exclusive like number 3 or can I get that one on Steam...?

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
did you pay more than the average at the time? the average fluctuated alot originally, and I think i've had that happen before when i was above the average of time of purchase rather than when the bundle was added upon.
Naw I paid $3 when the average was $4.44 or something like that. I didn't get battlefield or the sims, lets put it like that.

Skeleon said:
So it's official now that Dead Space 2 won't be a part of it. Aw. Too bad. Well, maybe it'll be on sale one of these days. Is it Origin-exclusive like number 3 or can I get that one on Steam...?
Nah it's on steam, but I thought you hated steam more than any of them.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Easton Dark said:
Nah it's on steam, but I thought you hated steam more than any of them.
I do (although I don't know about "more than any of them"), but I do sometimes buy things there when they are not available without it, when the games are being held hostage. Examples include ZenoClash and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate, although in the case of ZenoClash I didn't realize it at first. Like a happy little customer I bought it in a store, only to later realize that the CD was worthless without Steam. Fallout New Vegas Ultimate I actually bought fully aware, though.

2HF

May 24, 2011
I donated a dollar (not because I'm a horrible person but because I honestly couldn't believe my laptop would run these games) and I got the new games as well.

VonKlaw

Jan 30, 2012
Skeleon said:
There's some speculation that there will be a second tier of bonus games a la the THQ bundle, and that EA are just releasing them a few at a time to reduce the chance of their servers getting swamped like they did when the bundle launched.

Not saying they will add DS2, but don't give up hope yet. And yes, you can get Dead Space 2 on Steam.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Interesting. The new games are definitely part of the "pay more than the average" section. Glitch in the system, maybe?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Skeleon said:
I was disappointed by this, too. Still, I got a nice deal and paid well above the average since it's going to charity. I was hoping they'd toss in 2, but it was never a given.

In case nobody answered, DS2 is available on Steam for 20 bucks. If DS2 really doesn't make it to the bundle, I'll probably buy it.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I'm not complaining on getting extra games, but I was hoping for something better. Red Alert 2 or Populous: The Beginning would've been nice.

I am enjoying Battlefield 3, and having a hard time getting into Dead Space.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Easton Dark said:
gmaverick019 said:
Naw I paid $3 when the average was $4.44 or something like that. I didn't get battlefield or the sims, lets put it like that.
So you don't have the Sims, but you have the new two games? Weird.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
I bought the bundle before these games were added, but logged into my humble bundle account earlier and those 2 games were added. What a pleasant surprise. :)

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Skeleon said:
its 70% off on origin atm, if you can handle buying it there.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
yeah, the extra titles are granted automatically to anybody that chipped in before they were added to the bundle, as a sign of good faith

TheComfyChair

Sep 17, 2010
bringer of illumination said:
Great "charity" bundle there EA

"Here's have Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 3! We're practically giving them to you!"
"What's that? You want to play the whole series?"
"Well better fork over 30 bucks kiddo"
Really? You're complaining about only 2/3rds of a series costing hardly anything and the money going to charity?

Really?

Really?

No. No. Really?

and so on, until you realise how spoilt you sound. Especially considering dead space 2 is currently 70% off at Origin as well! You can buy the entire series, all 3 games, for around £10. That's not even including everything else you got in the bundle. On what planet is that a bad thing? Especially when the money goes to good causes as well?

EA bashing just for the sake of it doesn't make you sound cool or edgy :p It just makes you look, well, a bit of a jerk. 'Oh, EA are helping charities, who cares, i didn't like mass effect 3s ending!'.

Feel free to bash them when they do stuff wrong, but it does seem that since Ricatello left, EA are really trying to get into the good books of at least PC gamers. If they do something pants on head retarded ala. sim city, then it's time to get the paddlin' stick. But even then, in that situation we should be able to return the game now :D