Humble Origin Bundle Adds Two More Games

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
bringer of illumination said:
Oh yeah, how "charitable" of EA

They give away a bunch of games that no one was buying, thus losing nothing.

The get to write all the money they make off the bundle and pass on to charity off their taxes, thus GAINING them money.

And they include the rear ends of a series, thus making anyone that wants to play the 3rd game and actually know what the fuck is going on have to fork over 30 euros on Steam (for everyone that doesn't enjoy installing malware on their computer).

If even 1% of the people that bought the bundle buy Dead Space 2, that earns them 343721 Euros (or your regional equivalent) for NOTHING!

Fi on me for calling out this obvious sham of a PR stunt.

And I don't know about you, But I, and most people I know, are capable of giving a fucking dollar to charity with being coaxed into it with video games.
You are literally everything that's wrong with the internet's hate for EA. Like everything. They're doing something nice, so what if it's PR? You gotta come in the thread and shit on it?

OT: I'll be picking it up tomorrow after I get paid.

aprildog18

Feb 16, 2010
Great "charity" bundle there EA

"Here's have Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 3! We're practically giving them to you!"
"What's that? You want to play the whole series?"
"Well better fork over 30 bucks kiddo"
And here I was about to give you an 8/10 for trolling...until I noticed you weren't trolling.

Do you mean 15 euros? It's okay to hate EA about this "charity" thing, but it's not okay to pull numbers out of your ass.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/47780/

Also, maybe people don't have a lot of money to spare so they don't buy video games or donate to charity, but then they see the humble bundle and are like, "hey, spend $15 for video games, and donate to charity" and donates. And heaven forbid a model where everyone is happy.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
TheComfyChair said:
Great "charity" bundle there EA

"Here's have Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 3! We're practically giving them to you!"
"What's that? You want to play the whole series?"
"Well better fork over 30 bucks kiddo"
Really? You're complaining about only 2/3rds of a series costing hardly anything and the money going to charity?

Really?

Really?

No. No. Really?

and so on, until you realise how spoilt you sound. Especially considering dead space 2 is currently 70% off at Origin as well! You can buy the entire series, all 3 games, for around £10. That's not even including everything else you got in the bundle. On what planet is that a bad thing? Especially when the money goes to good causes as well?
Oh yeah, how "charitable" of EA

They give away a bunch of games that no one was buying, thus losing nothing.

The get to write all the money they make off the bundle and pass on to charity off their taxes, thus GAINING them money.

And they include the rear ends of a series, thus making anyone that wants to play the 3rd game and actually know what the fuck is going on have to fork over 30 euros on Steam (for everyone that doesn't enjoy installing malware on their computer).

If even 1% of the people that bought the bundle buy Dead Space 2, that earns them 343721 Euros (or your regional equivalent) for NOTHING!

Fi on me for calling out this obvious sham of a PR stunt.

And I don't know about you, But I, and most people I know, are capable of giving a fucking dollar to charity with being coaxed into it with video games.
So what?

And by the way, there was no surge of donations to these charities before this bundle, so apparently people DO need to be prodded.

OT: Original Populous? Cool. I was planning on getting this from gog.com at some point, but let's try it out first.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
VonKlaw said:
Skeleon said:
So it's official now that Dead Space 2 won't be a part of it. Aw. Too bad. Well, maybe it'll be on sale one of these days. Is it Origin-exclusive like number 3 or can I get that one on Steam...?
There's some speculation that there will be a second tier of bonus games a la the THQ bundle, and that EA are just releasing them a few at a time to reduce the chance of their servers getting swamped like they did when the bundle launched.

Not saying they will add DS2, but don't give up hope yet. And yes, you can get Dead Space 2 on Steam.
A second tier? That would be quite amazing and, frankly, unexpected. But okay, let's wait until it's run out. I certainly won't buy the game at full price if it isn't part of the bundle, though I guess I'll wait for a sale or something.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
Skeleon said:
A second tier? That would be quite amazing and, frankly, unexpected. But okay, let's wait until it's run out. I certainly won't buy the game at full price if it isn't part of the bundle, though I guess I'll wait for a sale or something.
If I remember correctly you're not a fan of Origin but Dead Space 2 is on sale for about $6 on there right now. Just looked it up on steam and there's the Dead Space pack (1 & 2) for $85 which is 50 bucks more than buying them separately lol