Persona Teaser Site Adds Persona 4 Imagery

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Persona Teaser Site Adds Persona 4 Imagery

A Persona teaser site launched by Atlus in September has been updated with the appearance of Persona 4's Teddy.

You may recall teaser site featuring the logo of the Persona development team, three empty boxes, the names of several Japanese cities and a date and time pointing to an 8PM announcement on November 24th. With five days left to go before that date and time arrives, the site has recently been updated with a new feature that Persona 4 fans should find beary promising.

Currently, when you visit the site and click on the three empty boxes, they now shake briefly before revealing an image of Teddy, the walking, talking and occasionally grabby bear character from Persona 4. Clicking on each box until they all contain the same image will lead to all three trembling in unison before switching to another random Teddy image. Besides this change, the rest of the website remains the same.

While some have been maintaining hopes that this teaser site will be the prelude to a Persona 5 announcement, the appearance of one of the more iconic characters from Persona 4 arguably supplies more questions than answers to what this is all leading up to. In turn, unless Atlus decides to just jump the gun and tell us what's going on now, we'll all probably just need to wait and see what happens on 24th, this Sunday.

Source: <a href=http://gematsu.com/2013/11/persona-teaser-site-updated-with-teddy-boxes>Gematsu

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Hng, this did shake me up some bit.
I still could this being a announcement for Persona 5.

I mean we already had the next Arena expansion/sequel announced ... so that ain't it.
Then there is the Persona 3 movie.

The only thing I could think of is that Teddy is a symbol of Persona and that the this is something related to Persona.
BUUUT, who knows what could go on, anything could happen.
Lets just have our fingers crossed for P5. :D

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Please don't be Persona 4: Golden for consoles or some Persona 4: Arena stuff. PLEEEEEEASE! Why would you do this to us Atlus?!!

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
I hope they announce a release date for the next Persona 4 Arena game, i really want more info on that one and i defineately want a confimation that it comes to ps3 in Europe. Persona 5 would be neat too, but it seems more likely that it's P4 related.

The thing that would make me most happy would be an anouncment of a Persona collection with the first 4 games ported for the ps3, but that would never happen, for some reason they really seem to hate the thought of Europeans playing persona 1-2 on a console...

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
This doesn't work for me? The boxes shake but nothing happens.

EDIT: never mind fixed it.

I'm still hoping this is a Persona 5 announcement. I love Persona 4, it's my all time favorite video game, but come on Atlus we want Persona 5!

We've already got a second Arena game coming, lets get some new characters and a new setting hey?

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
That just makes things confusing. I mean, persona 4 has always been associated with bright yellow which the teaser site clearly isn't. Maybe it is something persona related that's not directly related to 4 that includes teddie. Hell, maybe they're adding a different version of teddie to 5 just as how igor has been a recurring character. Just because we see a familiar face, don't count out a persona 5 announcement. I love persona 4 as the next guy, but it's time to move on to the next iteration I feel.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Am I the only one thinking this may be a Persona 4 2? That's as confusing to say as it is to read.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
It seems more than likely that this is another concert announcement. Persona Arena 2 already seems to be wrapping up the Golden Week arc, so I doubt Persona 5 will be touching on that. And unless I'm mistaken, Teddie was the de facto host of the last Velvet Room. Plus there's tracks from both Arena and Golden that has yet to be played live.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
so this is another remake of Persona 4 now for PS4 then? Hopefully, if it's P4 related, it's the announcement of an expansion to P4:Golden to play through the game again as a female, but even then I'm not too hyped for it :(

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
Please Atlas, not more Persona 4 stuff. P4 was great, sure, but can we just move onto the next game now? Pretty please?
That said, if it is Persona 5 and teddie just happens to be in it, then yes please.

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
Now I'm a huge Persona 4 fan, but c'mon Atlus! We've had P4, P4 Golden, P4Arena and now P4 Arena 2. Why can we not simply have Persona 5 already?

Oh, right.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
I am very very tired of Persona 4 already.
But this was a concert announcement from the beggining, so this new reveal doesn't confuse me.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
The PS3 could use a proper Shin Megami Tensei/Persona game.

That fighting game...thing does not count.

Apr 28, 2008
Probably a followup to Persona 4 Arena. They did leave off on a cliffhanger of sorts, so it wouldn't surprise me. Or maybe even a Vita release of it.

Either way, more Persona makes me happy :)

Bix96

Oct 10, 2012
Wasn't the whole point of Persona 4 Arena to set up Persona 5 and show that the next big bad is probably going to need the help of everyone from P3 and P4 to take him down? If that's the case it makes sense for Teddie to "announce" Persona 5 as he is probably going to play a fairly large role in it.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
The date is the day after the premier of the new Persona 3 Movie.
Bix96 said:
Wasn't the whole point of Persona 4 Arena to set up Persona 5 and show that the next big bad is probably going to need the help of everyone from P3 and P4 to take him down? If that's the case it makes sense for Teddie to "announce" Persona 5 as he is probably going to play a fairly large role in it.
I'm okay with Teddie making a cameo in the next game but I really don't think P4Arena's plot will be related to it and I really don't want them to do that. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to make the same cast the focus of the next game. I want new characters!

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
VanQ said:
Am I the only one thinking this may be a Persona 4 2? That's as confusing to say as it is to read.
I mean that's basically what Arena is (so I guess Arena 2 would be Persona 4 3?)

I admit I'm not in a rush to get P5 so I won't be bothered if this isn't a P5 announcement, but I will be very upset if this IS a P5 announcement and it turns out that P5 is gonna be a continuation of P4 rather than a new story with new characters.

The fact that they're putting Teddie here has me thinking that maybe possibly but not at all likely this might just be a Teddie game. I would be totally cool with a Teddie spin-off title. Maybe a fun 2D platformer or something, but I don't have my hopes up for some fantasy that I just concocted.

Honestly though, with all the cities at the bottom, part of me is thinking this might just be a Persona concert or something. I mean there have been Persona concerts, even Persona stageplays. For all we know this might not be any kind of game announcement.

At this point, I'm done caring. Not in an apathetic way, I just don't wanna get my hopes up for anything. The reveal is gonna be on Sunday, I can wait until then. No point in stressing or worrying about it until then.