267: This Is the Way the World Ends

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
Is this a reference to the Rotting Christ song? loooove that song ^^

Anyways, I'm really interested in what they do, it's gotta be tough to spend like, years making this world and then just destroy it like that. I stopped playing a couple months ago but I'm gonna get back into it for Cataclysm.

barguest

Aug 31, 2009
Kavonde said:
In keeping with Blizzard's even-handed approach, Cataclysm isn't reducing the story down to a simple "good vs. evil" format. Street embraces the ambiguity, saying "Horde players, in particular, are going to start out thinking, 'Garrosh Hellscream is such an asshole; we want Thrall back.'" But the quest designers tell the story in such a way that you really begin to feel some respect, if not sympathy, for Garrosh."
I hope so. I've been hating the Horde's new direction since the info was leaked, particularly with Garrosh being even more violent, racist, and idiotic than Anduin Wrynn. The Horde have always been, in my mind, the real Good Guys (except for the Forsaken and the Blood Elves, I guess). Turning Orgrimmar into Spike City and putting Garrosh in charge seemed like Bliz was removing the moral ambiguity that makes the Warcraft setting interesting.
Agreed, the horde have always been the real good guys in my opinion as well, as they are only fighting for survival thats why i prefer them to the alliance. I suppose Blizzard are making the "bad guys" the actual bad guys now. I also think putting Garrosh in charge will create a tension even perhaps a divide between the horde players, as some will still be "loyal" to thrall as he is very charismatic and only wants what is best for his people, if I?m honest I will probably be one of them.

barguest

Aug 31, 2009
Kavonde said:
In keeping with Blizzard's even-handed approach, Cataclysm isn't reducing the story down to a simple "good vs. evil" format. Street embraces the ambiguity, saying "Horde players, in particular, are going to start out thinking, 'Garrosh Hellscream is such an asshole; we want Thrall back.'" But the quest designers tell the story in such a way that you really begin to feel some respect, if not sympathy, for Garrosh."
I hope so. I've been hating the Horde's new direction since the info was leaked, particularly with Garrosh being even more violent, racist, and idiotic than Anduin Wrynn. The Horde have always been, in my mind, the real Good Guys (except for the Forsaken and the Blood Elves, I guess). Turning Orgrimmar into Spike City and putting Garrosh in charge seemed like Bliz was removing the moral ambiguity that makes the Warcraft setting interesting.
Agreed, the horde have always been the real good guys in my opinion as well as they are only fighting for survival, thats why i preffer playing Horde then Alliance. I suppose Blizzard are making the "bad guys" the actual bad guys now. I also think putting Garrosh in charge will create a tension even perhaps a divide between the horde players, as some will still be "loyal" to thrall as he is very charismatic and only wants what is best for his people, if I?m honest I will probably be one of them.

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
barguest said:
Kavonde said:
Agreed, the horde have always been the real good guys in my opinion as well as they are only fighting for survival, thats why i preffer playing Horde then Alliance. I suppose Blizzard are making the "bad guys" the actual bad guys now. I also think putting Garrosh in charge will create a tension even perhaps a divide between the horde players, as some will still be "loyal" to thrall as he is very charismatic and only wants what is best for his people, if I?m honest I will probably be one of them.
Don't forget the situation with the Tauren, given the political situation of the race it's hard to imagine the death of Cairne being a random act, knowing Cairne as we do he would never agree with the upcoming reshaping of Orgrimmar, but on the other hand it feels like a necessity due to all that's happening around.

I'm not sure they are trying to make the bad guys actually bad, but rather giving a perspective into why they looked evil all along. See the reasons behind Garrosh's way of kicking the bucket, he saw his tribe going downhill while he was a weakling, he wouldn't like to see the same thing to happen to the new Horde.

Laith

Sep 10, 2008
Garrosh isn't being developed evilly enough, IMO. But then again I'm the kind of guy who'll be happy with nothing less than the Orcs banning shamanism and resuming the drinking of the demon blood.

I dearly miss the Old Horde of the old Warcraft games. I really liked that Horde.