Man Makes Fully-Functioning Retractable Wolverine Claws

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Man Makes Fully-Functioning Retractable Wolverine Claws

To be fair, I'd probably be as excited as he was if I got to play with these things...

YouTuber Colin Furze [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdcGek-NoFQ] makes cool engineering/metalwork projects on his channel, and now, he's taken on the coolest challenge of all - making a pair of fully-functional retractable wolverine claws.

"The first ever fully automatic wolverine claws that deploy AND retact automatically. These beautiful 12-inch stainless steel claws fire out at the touch of a button and bring me as close as anyone has to feeling like they have adamantium claws. I think these are best on the net so hope you like em."

While many have attempted this feat before, none have come even close to Colin's magnificent creations, which are completely automatic and can deploy and retract at the mere push of a button, with a very satisfying SNIKT! They even spark when he rubs them together, just like the real thing.

The video you'll see the right is mostly just Colin excitedly playing around with his new toys, so if you'd like to get a bit more insight into how he actually put them together, be sure to check out the "making of" video [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVBCFGebqTg&list=PLGjbAdaOBLBnlA_ix4mnQE0tFJVJDP8i8].

Source: YouTube [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdcGek-NoFQ&feature=youtu.be]

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
pearcinator said:
Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnd now he's arrested for murder or concealment of a dangerous weapon.
Actually that does beg the question of weather or not those are legally a weapon, and if so what type?

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Zontar said:
pearcinator said:
Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnd now he's arrested for murder or concealment of a dangerous weapon.
Actually that does beg the question of weather or not those are legally a weapon, and if so what type?
My guess is that depends on how long the blades are. Up to a certain length they are perfectly legal to carry, no matter how many of them you carry. Otherwise you could be arrested for carrying a carton of dinnerware. If he is clever, the blades are below the legal limit for length.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Now I've seen it in real life and how cool they are, I want him arrested and making the claws illegal coz those things are really scary.

Mid Boss

Aug 20, 2012
I love how there's people in the youtube comments trying desperately to hate on this video. You can almost feel the seething of their flaccid jealousy.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
In Australia, switch blade knives are illegal, so I'd imagine that these caws would be too. Although the cosplay you could do!

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
I approve of this build, it's quite impressive - but definitely illegal to carry outside.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
If he were really awesome, he would have integrated them directly into his arms and had the blades come out between his knuckles.

...also, was that a Mystique sex doll?

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
That was fucking cool. But they also seem extreeeemely dangerous. That thing is a shish-kebabed eye waiting to happen.
Whatever you do, don't scratch your nose. :S

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Guy creates self retractable Wolverine claws.

Call him dangerous and scary

Decades back into 1945 the Atomic bombs are dropped, completely terrify and shocks the world.

Why am I even surprised any more?.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Y'know, I'd describe that as more of a 'psshht' than a 'snikt'. Clearly that renders the entire project pointless.

Some_weirdGuy

Nov 25, 2010
The claws are cool and its neat to see ones that have the retracting/extending too, congrats to him. The guy himself came across as a total twat though XD

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Neat looking claws, but I'm more in the market for a visor that can store solar energy and fire it off as optic blasts. (I am aware of just how much that won't actually work.)

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
I might be in danger of electrocution due to the insane amount of drooling I am doing over my keyboard.

That was... glorious. What I would give, or do, to have a pair of those.....

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
Looks cool, but it seemed to run out of air quickly. Soooo... you probably got like 15 retracts before you run out of pressure.

That and, won't look so impressive when you realize the 'backpack' you gotta walk around with.

A clever, if useless invention! You couldn't wear that in society without getting arrested. For sure.

Slegiar Dryke

Dec 10, 2013
so many people going on about danger, arrests, and the like. my question is, can he add a second feature so he can flip someone off with one claw? XD