Man Makes Fully-Functioning Retractable Wolverine Claws

Feb 9, 2011
Some_weirdGuy said:
The claws are cool and its neat to see ones that have the retracting/extending too, congrats to him. The guy himself came across as a total twat though XD
That's what I was thinking. He was obnoxious to listen to.

Ephidel

Jan 29, 2014
How much for the claws?

Incidentally, does anyone have a serum that would give me the superhuman healing powers as well?

Teh_Moose

Jan 13, 2014
Ephidel said:
How much for the claws?

Incidentally, does anyone have a serum that would give me the superhuman healing powers as well?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.850142-IBM-Accidentally-Creates-New-Self-Healing-Polymer

This is all I can do for the moment

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
In Australia, switch blade knives are illegal, so I'd imagine that these caws would be too. Although the cosplay you could do!
Blades that are 3" are fine. Larger, your in trouble. Unless he goes into the street with this, it's not illegal.

michael87cn said:
Looks cool, but it seemed to run out of air quickly. Soooo... you probably got like 15 retracts before you run out of pressure.

That and, won't look so impressive when you realize the 'backpack' you gotta walk around with.

A clever, if useless invention! You couldn't wear that in society without getting arrested. For sure.
This man holds the world record for fastest scooter and pram, and the largest bonfire. This is probably the most practice thing he's ever done.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Teh_Moose said:
Ephidel said:
How much for the claws?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.850142-IBM-Accidentally-Creates-New-Self-Healing-Polymer

This is all I can do for the moment
Wow... We have the technology to make a fully functioning wolverine suit... Now all we need to figure out is how to make ion/plasma engines powerful enough and we could create an iron man suit... Could we be seeing some real-life superheros emerging in the near future?

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
While you couldn't wear them in public, if you happened to be wearing them when someone broke into your home... you might just have the most awesome story of self defence ever. Imagine the headline:

"Homeowner casually eviscerates burglar with retractable claws"

Azuaron said:
...also, was that a Mystique sex doll?
Yes, I do believe it was.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Pretty cool, but the AC wristblade is much more practical in terms of concealed sharp objects.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
this is all well and good but he really needs to wear a blue and yellow wolverine suit and a small air tank so its mobile enough to go to a comic con and win first prize

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Yeah, well, as soon as I find a small enough power source and how to control electric arcs, I'll be the cool superhero guy! So there!

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Exterminas said:
Zontar said:
pearcinator said:
Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnd now he's arrested for murder or concealment of a dangerous weapon.
Actually that does beg the question of weather or not those are legally a weapon, and if so what type?
My guess is that depends on how long the blades are. Up to a certain length they are perfectly legal to carry, no matter how many of them you carry. Otherwise you could be arrested for carrying a carton of dinnerware. If he is clever, the blades are below the legal limit for length.
I don't know where he lives, but where I'm from those would be very illegal blades to carry in public.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
wow that guy looks very much into it. almost, dangerouns amount into it. and he also shown a way to conceal them under a jacket.

still this looks awesome. and the design looks sturdy enough that he actually could murder people slice though objects with it. the air power also seems a good idea as its a safe and reliable way to apply a lot of force to move heavy objects fast, recharging notwhitstanding.

As far as legallity, would be legal here, technically at least. you are allwoed to carry knives here up to certain lenght, and if the claws fit within those lenghts then it would be techncially legal. that however of course has no bearing on whether he got arrested, because you dont get arrested for doing something illegal here, you get arrested for doing something police does not like. and if you later turn out to be innocent, too bad, sorry we kept you in jail for 3 months.

Exterminas said:
My guess is that depends on how long the blades are. Up to a certain length they are perfectly legal to carry, no matter how many of them you carry. Otherwise you could be arrested for carrying a carton of dinnerware. If he is clever, the blades are below the legal limit for length.
its different. carton of dinnerware is packed in its sales box. legally that makes a difference. if you were to carry dinnerware naked without a carton you could get arrested in some places whereas carrying it inside carton you could not. its called proper packaging.

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
Strazdas said:
wow that guy looks very much into it. almost, dangerouns amount into it.
To be fair, he is a brit youtuber and you either get deadpan snarker(TotalBiscuit) or over excited manchild(Nerdcubed). In this case, we got the latter(evidence: edit cuts), multiplied exponentially by the fact that he has created bloody retractable wolverine claws.

For some reason, my favourite feature is the fact that the things SPARK when you grind them. That is so pointlessly awesome, I love it!

Being a fight science nut, I kinda wonder how actually useful these things are without the berserker instinct, healing factor and pure Canadianness that wolverine possesses.

Also, I'm counting down to the moment where he has to scratch while he has these on and ends up losing a chunk of flesh, especially with how sharp these actually seem.