Rosalina Amiibo Will be Exclusive to Target

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Rosalina Amiibo Will be Exclusive to Target

The Rosalina target exclusive means that four of the wave 3 amiibos will be exclusives to different stores.

Well, it now looks like the Rosalina and Luma amiibo that will be coming in the posted an image [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138529-11-New-Amiibos-Announced-Sonic-Megaman-And-More-Update] of a Target POS machine showing that the figure will be an exclusive, so any Rosalina fans had better plan on hitting up Target when her amiibo is released in February.

Rosalina joins Lucario, Meta Knight and Shulk [http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2014/12/12/confirmed-rosalina-luma-exclusive-to-target/] as store exclusives, which will be exclusive to Toys R' Us, Best Buy and Gamestop respectively. Wave 3 amiibos are set to launch on February first, and as well as the aforementioned characters, also includes Sonic, Megaman, Ike, Bowser, and King Dedede (which as of yet, have not been announced as store exclusives).

Keep in mind this is currently only for those of you in the US - other regions may or may not have the same, or similar, exclusivity deals. If you have an issue with shopping at one (or more) of the stores that have exclusivity in the US, keep in mind that the Play-Asia [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138553-Amiibos-Dont-Have-Region-Locking-Can-Only-Save-Data-For-One-Game].

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2p3sws/rosalina_luna_confirmed_target_exclusive/]

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Does Rosalina really have a fanbase anyway? She's only played a prominent role in 1 game, and she sorta appeared at the end of Galaxy 2 briefly. Aside from that she's basically another Waluigi.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Blame NoA for this, not Nintendo as a whole. I live in Britain and I can preorder every wave 3 amiibo from multiple stores. This is still bullshit though.

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
Olas said:
Does Rosalina really have a fanbase anyway? She's only played a prominent role in 1 game, and she sorta appeared at the end of Galaxy 2 briefly. Aside from that she's basically another Waluigi.
Probably not from her own role in Galaxy 1/2.

She's hella strong in SSB4 though, so there is that.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
EbonBehelit said:
Olas said:
Probably not from her own role in Galaxy 1/2.

She's hella strong in SSB4 though, so there is that.
Nothing quite like kicking people with galaxies and stars with a woman with amazonian proportions (Seriously, shes HUGE)

Kind of like her as a character, even if there's not that much to go on. Dunno if I'll buy the Amiibo for her though, already want Ganondorf, Samus(I know it's out, just haven't bothered to buy one yet) and ZSS (I'd probably get Link if his Amiibo didn't look so dumb), and that's gonna be plenty expensive as it is.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Olas said:
I guess it's debatable if what is ultimately such a minor character would matter much...
Still, one of the better characters from the Mario universe, honestly... XD

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Olas said:
She's also playable in Mario 3D World, along with all the Mario Karts since the Wii version. She seems popular enough, and it's not every day we get interesting new Mario characters outside the RPGs.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Olas said:
No man.....you don't understand. She has a pretty big fucking fanbase.

Don't fuck with the Rosalina fans.

OT: I don't care about no Rosalina's or Lucarios. I only want two Amiibos, and that's Duckhunt and Bowser Jr. (or any sub koopaling category.)

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
If here in Australia Target here does have the exclusivity rights, they aren't getting a purchase from me.

Hopefully that won't be the case and it will be either sold at all stores or at a different chain.

ShirowShirow

Oct 14, 2010
Holy flying crud have some Amiibos been hard to get. Little Mac and Diddy Kong sold out INSTANTLY. These exclusives? NOT helping the matter. Doesn't help that I really WANT Rosalina, and Meta Knight... And Shulk and Lucario...

I believe Nintendo vastly underestimated how popular some characters would be. There are WAY too many Marios and Kirbies.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
At this rate, I'm actually considering buying some of these Amibos if I see them while out shopping just to flip them on ebay...

BarelyAudible

Mar 1, 2013
ShirowShirow said:
Holy flying crud have some Amiibos been hard to get. Little Mac and Diddy Kong sold out INSTANTLY. These exclusives? NOT helping the matter. Doesn't help that I really WANT Rosalina, and Meta Knight... And Shulk and Lucario...

I believe Nintendo vastly underestimated how popular some characters would be. There are WAY too many Marios and Kirbies.
This is what happens when you combine Nintendo's popularity, gamers' gotta-catch-'em-all mentality, and the toy market.

I kinda expected it because it was pain finding certain Transformers, Power Rangers and Monster High things, and those are from super experienced toy companies.

Know what gets me though? I didn't even see Wii Fit Trainer, Villager or Marth before they disappeared.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well Target and Ebay anyway...

This does seem like quite the dick move though, esp. for people who don't live anywhere near the stores in question.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
I'm still kind of skeptical of the longer term viability of the Amiibos - I guess we'll see in the next year or two whether 3rd party development will support them in any meaningful way. I'm sure that first party development will have some compatibility and that the Nintendo equivalent of Skylanders/Disney Infinity is coming along but if only the sporadic Amiibo geared Nintendo game makes use of them to any great extent, I'm not sure how much of a draw there will be to them once the novelty has worn off.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Olas said:
Judging by how much Rule 34 there is of her, I'd say her fanbase is pretty significant.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Olas said:
Does rule 34 counter as fanbase because if yes, then trust me, there are a lot of them. A lot.

Anyways, this is an american thing. I don't know why they do it, probably to get on the good side of the shops while actually not really doing a lot. Correct me f I'm wrong but can't you just order them online fromt he Target stores? Doesn't really do any damage to the consumer?
IIRC there are no shop exclusive amiibo's in Europe and I believe it would be against the law if they tried to do that. Pure open market fails when it reaches huge proportions and the US is there. Big companies can easily buy the advantage from the competition and there is really nothing that the consumer can do against it. Some tighter rules should be in place.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I like Rosalina. I only have Galaxy 1 and Mario Kart Wii as far as games she is actually in, but I love her design and her backstory is pretty good.

She is way more interesting than Peach or Daisy to me.

Not as interesting as Samus but you take what you can get.

Also, yeah there is a ton of Ninty pron out there...just like everything else ever.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
How about fuck you, whoever is behind this bullshite. Not interested in the Mario franchise personally, but I hate exclusivity bullshit like this on principle. It's cancerous. At least it's not a pre-order exclusive.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Seems like they're limiting their most unpopular characters right? Generic stuff like the villager and the trainer and this here token female character they decided to throw into the Mario franchise...